• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ukraine Protests

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • This thread seems relevant to bump up as some truly frightening news is coming to light - in one city that has been taken over by Pro-Russian protesters, the new "government" is forcing Jewish people to register themselves and all their property. This is very clearly a ploy in the same way that it was a ploy in the 1930s to focus anger and resentment on the Jewish people. It's a great boon to us now that we have the history to beat this kind of thing back (hopefully) and the technology to know about it when it happens, but it's amazing to me how blatantly a group of people can try to imitate what a great deal of people see as the worst atrocity in human history and not see a problem with it.

Source

https://www.newrepublic.com/article...al&utm_medium=flyout&utm_campaign=mostpopular

Apparently all the "forcing" was someone dropping leaflets claiming Jews had to register under the new rule, nobody is actually doing it. It's just part of the propaganda war.

Years
  • Hi friends! Why you don't say about real situation in Ukraine? Nowadays this is already not revolution, Russian invasion or civil war. Now this is killing civilian, not armed, people in eastern regions of Ukraine. This making armed, illegal teams of fighters from western regions. Moreover, civilian defense activists found on fighters bodys, killed in battles, id cards of foreign citizens and weapon, traditional for NATO's country. They using national army of Ukraine vs civilian people, because top managers in army was set by fascist's government. They already killed more 80 civilian in city's of Slavyansk and Karamatorsk - cores of people's resistance. On may 2nd they kill more 100 people in city of Odessa by burning out in building. Tomorrow they planning make mass killing of veterans of WW2 on traditional celebration of V day on may 9. This criminals supported by illegal Ukrainian government and, as I understand, not official of course, by US and EU. Governments of western country's incriminates Russia in supporting pro-russian movements in Ukraine, but we want just protect Russian speaking people who support union with Russia, not Ukrainian integration in EU. Aha as we made it in Crimea))) So, thanks for reading my clear english))) Don't trust your mass media, think by your head. True here: https://vk.com/maidan_bez_grima?w=wall-67120081_1362

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • When isn't there a crisis happening in the Ukraine? To be honest, I think that Russia should just step out of it. It seems that they're just causing more conflict.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • Hi friends! Why you don't say about real situation in Ukraine? Nowadays this is already not revolution, Russian invasion or civil war. Now this is killing civilian, not armed, people in eastern regions of Ukraine. This making armed, illegal teams of fighters from western regions. Moreover, civilian defense activists found on fighters bodys, killed in battles, id cards of foreign citizens and weapon, traditional for NATO's country. They using national army of Ukraine vs civilian people, because top managers in army was set by fascist's government. They already killed more 80 civilian in city's of Slavyansk and Karamatorsk - cores of people's resistance. On may 2nd they kill more 100 people in city of Odessa by burning out in building. Tomorrow they planning make mass killing of veterans of WW2 on traditional celebration of V day on may 9. This criminals supported by illegal Ukrainian government and, as I understand, not official of course, by US and EU. Governments of western country's incriminates Russia in supporting pro-russian movements in Ukraine, but we want just protect Russian speaking people who support union with Russia, not Ukrainian integration in EU. Aha as we made it in Crimea))) So, thanks for reading my clear english))) Don't trust your mass media, think by your head. True here: https://vk.com/maidan_bez_grima?w=wall-67120081_1362

As much as anti-Russia bias is a very real thing in the press, I'd trust analysis by western news outlets and unbiased discussion on the net a lot more than what Putin says. You're telling us not to trust the media while reciting everything the Russian media wants you to believe.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years

What you are saying is exactly why conflicts like this one are very tough to handle. On each side of the border different stories are told, all focused on bringing their own side of the story. But I agree fully with Francois on the fact that our press simply has more freedom. Also, I have no idea who is behind this Майдан без грима Maidan (presumably referring to the Independence Square) without makeup. Although the page seems to have 8101 followers, the independence of its content is questionable.
    I would say that you're best off just trusting independent news organizations, who don't interpret the news in any way, and just tell what is actually happening. Not all information is made equal, but I think that a post on VKontakte is pretty low on the legitimacy scale.

Years
  • Hello again) So V day celebration in Ukraine is over... In the city of Mariupol fascists and solders of Ukrainian army kill over 80 civilian and 25 policemen disordered fight vs people. Good decision of current Ukrainian government - kill everyone who not support it. Photo - killed policeman who joined to people and video - yesterday it was a peaceful town and today this is a center of war. Warning - blood everywhere! So friends, may be I'll be banned after this, but i want to say. this is cool pokemon fans forum and i glad that is something uniting us around the world - pokemons. Also - Putin not influence on my brain at all. This is my pov. Always yours Ash Ketchum from Russia
    Ukraine Protests

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqmwo4EzbRQ

Back