• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Guitarists

NP

Help, I'm alive
Years
  • I started playing when I was nine...but I stopped in middle school and picked it back up...I'd say a year or so ago.

Last edited:

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
    Years
  • Zephyr that is a fair amount of time :O You should definitely cover this months tab for us :) (PLEASEEEE) And custom mades my god. How much did they cost! (My bets a LOT)

Sure. If I have enough time. They actually aren't that much. Less than a hundred dollars. The country where I live in (the philippines) locally makes guitars and custom guitars aren't that much.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Thats a pretty big amount of time NP, what is your favourite of your two guitars? Also are those the only guitars youve had??

Really? that cheap for custom mades? Are they of good quality zeph?

Last edited:

NP

Help, I'm alive
    Years
  • Like I said, the acoustic is my favorite, and that might just be because I've had more fun playing it. Yes, those are the only two I've owned. I'm not a big collector or player so I haven't had a real need for any others.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • With the acoustic do you fingerstyle it up? I find people who can play finger style well amazing..(Mainly because Im horrid at it :().

That being said I'd really like if someone could cover the tab for the club and upload it! I'd start the trend but I cant play it very well at all (I really am THAT bad at finger picking.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2021
    Username: LittleSKY

Reason for joining
    :I always loved guitar so.. there is no reason i shouldn't \m/(>.<)\m/
    What is your preferred genre to play in: Most songs i play are classical and acoustic.

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
    Years
  • I think we should put up a weekly exercise. Stuff that can help with things like: finger picking, finger strength, hammer/pull speed, different scales, alt. picking, sweep picking, tapping, etc. Just a thought.

BTW welcome SKY, what kind of guitar(s) do you have?

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Sweet a new tab! I'll start practicing it soon. Also, welcome to SKY.

What is your favourite guitar brand and why?

I'd have to say Fender is my top brand. Both my favourite guitarists, John Frusciante and David Gilmour are known for using Fender Stratocasters.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Username: LittleSKY

Reason for joining
    :I always loved guitar so.. there is no reason i shouldn't \m/(>.<)\m/
    What is your preferred genre to play in: Most songs i play are classical and acoustic.

Welcome LittleSKY!
    It's great to see new members who love guitar <3 You should cover the tab of the month for us that'd be fantastic as its an acoustic song!

I think we should put up a weekly exercise. Stuff that can help with things like: finger picking, finger strength, hammer/pull speed, different scales, alt. picking, sweep picking, tapping, etc. Just a thought.

BTW welcome SKY, what kind of guitar(s) do you have?

I was kinda thinking that's what the challenge tab was for but I can definitely do that! (Though I'm not a teacher.) I have some guitar tutorial shows and there's heaps in GUITARIST Australia mag that I can share if you guys would appreciate that.

Yes what guitars Lil, pictures pl0x.

Sweet a new tab! I'll start practicing it soon. Also, welcome to SKY.

What is your favourite guitar brand and why?

I'd have to say Fender is my top brand. Both my favourite guitarists, John Frusciante and David Gilmour are known for using Fender Stratocasters.

Yay learn it and cover it please!! :) You'll continue to be the halloffamer if no one stops you xD

Oh fender! Yay that's a very respectable brand indeed, I have a Fender Frontman Amp, its pretty awesome.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2021
    Thanks for the welcome guys :) I appreciate it..now.. do i really need to take a pic of my guitar ? :) hehehe I only have 1 acoustic...im kinda thinking of buying an electric guitar..if ever.. what brand do you guys suggest?

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
    Years
  • Just out of curiosity, how would we do tab of the month, just record video or audio of us playing it and post it on here? Do we pick the tab for next month?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • You can either post a video or just audio its up to you. Yep you post it here and if we get more then one cover the club will vote on their favourite and itll go in the hall of fame.

So far I've just been picking them myself but maybe the winner can choose the new tab of the month or something like that? But I think they should stay on theme songs atm as its fun and I already have one planned for next month. What do you guys think? Winners get to choose the next tab?

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • Wait, PC has a guitarist club?!?! YES!

Username: SeekerOfDarkness

Reason for joining: Uhh, it's a freaking guitarist club!! Of course I'm gonna join!

What is your perferred genre to play in: Well, normally I play metal, but lately I've been doing quite a bit of acoustic and classical stuff.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2021
    After i woke up sooo early in the morning ..i decided to record my self playing guitar while everyone is still sleeping >.<

Song by: Richard Marx "Right Here Waiting" PS: Lots of mistakes :3 Cant find my tab so...

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Welcome SeekerOfDarkness!
    Yes what gutiars do you own! Pictures and descriptions of your babies pleaseee <3.

Pmark is there any certain exercises you would like to see me put up for the club?

Wow LS thats pretty awesome! :) You should definitely cover tab of the month now :) :)

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
    Years
  • I'm not entirely sure of everyone's skill level here, so probably start off with the basics. How about an alternating pick exercise. Maybe something that can help with alternate picking up and down strings.

SKY: That was a nice track. It could be the mic that you recorded on, but it sounded like the one of the strings were a little out of tune, other than that though it was a nice relaxing piece.

So, I was wanting to customize a guitar. I'm wanting to use an Ibanez RG320 body with a Lefty Neck. I cannot find anyone who sells guitar parts at all, I checked at the official Ibanez site, but they do not have any Necks in stock. Anyone know of any dealers of guitar parts?

Last edited by a moderator:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years
  • Ill see what I can find and do. I'm I'll be able to find some good things.

Why is no one uploading a cover of the tab ;; is it to difficult? Is there any problem with it that I can help you guys with??

:O I am sorry but I know nothing about guitar parts or anything.. maybe try some luthiers or something like that? Im sorry Im not much of a help with that stuff.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • OH SWEET! Another metal head, pleased to meet you Seeker. Just curious, what guitars do you have?

Welcome SeekerOfDarkness!
    Yes what gutiars do you own! Pictures and descriptions of your babies pleaseee <3.

Thanks! Well, don't get too excited guys, cuz my guitars aren't all that impressive XD. My first and favorite guitar is a Yamaha C45M with steel strings instead of nylon. I've had this baby for as long as I can remember, and while it's still only a cheap classical guitar, it's part of my family. Sadly, though, I don't have a picture of it. I also have a Fender Squier Strat that I got on sale. I often consider this one a total waste of cash, mostly because it doesn't work half the time. There's something screwed up inside the guitar, so sound doesn't always come out of the amp. I'm hopefully gonna get it replaced soon, though. I don't have a picture of this one either. Sorry!

Also, concerning the tab... I've put the notes into Guitar Pro, and they sound right, but I'm not sure what the rythym is supposed to be (or time sig for that matter). Could you help a guy out?

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
    Years

• There you go, he actually plays the song at about 40 seconds if you want to skip to that but that what is is suppose to sound like, sorry it took me so long to reply totally blanked on it/was hoping someone else would reply before I posted again.
    Theres only a little more time before I change the tab again, I hope that we get some covers, I'd cover it myself but Im a horrible fingerstyler so you guys are going to have to pick up the slack for me!

Also your guitars seem pretty decent! As long as they song good thats all that matters, not the price tag! All my guitars have been under $500 Australian so far... Going to be upgrading soon though, Yay!

Back