• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Made it to the half-way mark for Crystal!

My level 44 Jumpluff was faster than everyone on Lance's team. Wait, what? Anyway, between Leech Seed and Poison Powder, I owe the entire championship to Woodsie. He is mah MVP! Interestingly enough, the only time I was legitimately OHKO'd in the Elite 4 was when someone did a fire or ice attack to Woodsie.

Grounder wasn't very useful in the Elite 4, to be completely honest. Really, the only time he was useful was against Koga, thanks to Sandstorm. Although Slash did KO the Thunder Dragonite of Lance's, and Karen's Umbreon (I think) was killed by him as well...

Grey Eagle. Sand-Attack. Never looked back. I wonder what I'll do when I get to Hoenn? Maybe go back to Crobat? Ycch, unless I can get another Shadow Ball Normal/Flying combo, I'm gonna have a lot of trouble with Tate&Liza...

Pokey's Rollout saved my skin quite a few times in the Pokemon League, starting with that damnable Miltank and ending with Lance's Charizard. I also encore'd Outrage on the Event!Dragonite of Lance's toward the end. Interestingly enough, the only time I was legitimately OHKO'd in the Elite 4 was when someone did a fire or ice attack to Woodsie.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Can I join, electric please

Started yellow
    got pikachu
    beat gary 1st time
    arrived in viridian

team

lvl 6
    -Thundershock
    -Growl
    -???
    -???

Last edited:

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    Woohooo, Johto here I come.
    Final team:
    Blastoise lv 76
    lapras lv 15
    Slaves:
    Sandscrew :P
    and that pidgin.

Leader Maylene

Veilstone Gym Leader
    Years
    Update:
    Just bet Watson

Pokemon:

Combusken lvl 30
    Cut
    Ember
    Peck
    Double Kick

Breloom lvl 25
    Mega Drain
    Mach Punch
    Headbutt
    Flash

Hariyama lvl 24
    Vital Throw
    Arm Thrust
    Sand Attack
    Tackle

Named myself Maylene if i didnt already say in my earlier posts

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
    Years
    Proving how little I've been playing my challenge, I finished school before I finished emerald version :P Now though, I beat the E4 on Emerald with my crappy normal team, using only pokemon of Gen3. (normals were much less crappy in G1 and G2 if I remember correctly.)

Exploud -Lv 53

Return
    Ice Beam
    Flamethrower
    Howl
    This guy was possibly my best team member. With both high attack and high special attack, I used him mainly as a special sweeper with return as backup. A true badass.

Kecleon -Lv51

Shadow Ball
    Aerial Ace
    Slash
    Brick Break
    I tried using this guy as a physical attacker, mainly because I've never tried him before. I now know why I never tried him before, everything KOs him.

Castform Lv50

Weather Ball
    Rain Dance
    Sunny Day
    Hail
    I used this guy more as a novelty than anything else and I really enjoyed it. Not the greatest stats but unbelievably versatile and generally fun to use.

Slaking Lv52

Strength
    Yawn
    Thunderbolt
    Earthquake
    I love this thing, it's a complete beast. I thought its ability would be a lot more crippling but when coupled with its amazing stats, it's still a major powerhouse.

Linoone Lv50

Slash
    Surf
    Rest
    Thunderbolt
    1 word for this guy. It rhymes with fit and is a synonym for faeces... His surf can't even 2KO most fire types which is embarrasing. I was unimpressed with G3's answer to Raticate.

Swellow Lv50

Aerial Ace
    Quick Attack
    Fly
    Steel Wing
    A decent pokemon let down by a lack of versatility. High speed and decent attack means its not bad for a normal/flying but at the end of the day, it can't compete with the likes of my Exploud or Slaking.

I was going to go and try and beat steven with my team, but I really can't stand this team anymore so I guess I'll just continue and pick up platinum next. Hopefully Gen4 has some better normal types...

Telarus

Buggin' Out
    Years
    Hello all, going to give this a shot, starting with the bug types on Yellow.

Going with the easy Beedrill and Butterfree right in the beginning with Parasect at Mt. Moon. Ought to be fun. Off I go!

Nathanyiel

It seems you lost the game...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    I can't believe I'm so late on this...oh well, I think I'll do something original...sign me up for dragon type!!!

I'm gonna ignore rule #1 and get myself a level 7 dratini with the mew glitch on my red then trade it over to blue...I think it's a bit more fair than trading over a level 15 one from the game corner anyways

This is gonna be challenging...1 poke team in blue, 2 in gold, and 3 maximum in ruby and 1 again in diamond...but let's not get ahead of ourselves! Enter Kanto!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Got to pewter
    beat brock
    got to mt. moon
    beat TR
    got to cerulean
    beat misty

Team

Lvl 25
    -Thundershock
    -Quick Attack
    -Slam
    -Thunder Wave

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Hello all, going to give this a shot, starting with the bug types on Yellow.

Going with the easy Beedrill and Butterfree right in the beginning with Parasect at Mt. Moon. Ought to be fun. Off I go!

No Weedle in Yellow without trading, so no Beedrill... but good luck and have fun!

Telarus

Buggin' Out
    Years
    No Weedle in Yellow without trading, so no Beedrill... but good luck and have fun!

Yeah, I realized this a little after posting it, but oh well... I figure this just means the others I do have will get a little more XP! Haha

Thanks! Starting again today (didn't do much last night), and trainin' up Frank the Caterpie.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    Hm... I'd like to join, but I can't decide on a type...

I want to do Fire, but I know that it's kind of risky, seeing that the first few games don't give Fire many moves to cover it's weaknesses...

I don't want to do Electric as much, but it's more logical a choice...

Could someone help me choose?

Telarus

Buggin' Out
    Years
    Hm... I'd like to join, but I can't decide on a type...

I want to do Fire, but I know that it's kind of risky, seeing that the first few games don't give Fire many moves to cover it's weaknesses...

I don't want to do Electric as much, but it's more logical a choice...

Could someone help me choose?

I personally used a type that I nearly never, ever used. I do rather like bug, though. Just do what you think sounds fun, or your favorite type! And maybe fire will be funner with that difficulty..

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    ill try this out i'll try out

it red version with electric types.

im gonna hit the first gym hard. haha

any one have some double A batteries?

haha

red>gold> sappire> platinum

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    I personally used a type that I nearly never, ever used. I do rather like bug, though. Just do what you think sounds fun, or your favorite type! And maybe fire will be funner with that difficulty..

Well, I flipped a coin. It said Electric, but I didn't like that answer. So I'm doing Fire.

It probably will be more fun to do Fire, anyways.

One more question: If I play Yellow, can I use Mankey on the First Gym?

Telarus

Buggin' Out
    Years
    Well, I flipped a coin. It said Electric, but I didn't like that answer. So I'm doing Fire.

It probably will be more fun to do Fire, anyways.

One more question: If I play Yellow, can I use Mankey on the First Gym?

Well, the rules say you gotta use your starter until you get the pokemon you need... So I don't think so.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2019
    Then I'll have to do Red, since Pikachu is an auto-loss against Brock.

Alright, sign me up for: Fire Type! I'm playing through: Red > Crystal > Emerald > Platinum

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    I've beaten Brock with just Pikachu in the past, it has something to do with getting Quick Attack... and if you think Fire has it bad, try doing a Flying challlenge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back