• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate MvC3

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
  • So yeah, after only about 5 months of being released, Capcom announced it's enhanced version, which is due out in November. The new game features 12 new characters, 8 new stages, and enhanced gameplay.

MvC3 was nothing more than a beta, so better return it while it has some value because it'll soon become obsolete. Capcom is so easy to hate.

Capcom:
    Firebrand
    Strider Hiryu
    Phoenix Wright
    Vergil
    Nemesis
    Frank West

Marvel:
    Hawkeye
    Ghost Rider
    Dr Strange
    Iron Fist
    Rocket Racoon
    Nova

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • You really can't hate Capcom for this. If you really want to hate someone, go ahead and hate all the people that re-purchased every Street Fighter game in all million versions of each one. It's not a new trend, and they have proven time and time again that it sells.

That said... I'll be rebuying it for Phoenix Wright, Frank West, and Nemesis tyvm.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I really don't feel like wasting another $60 on buying Ultimate MVC3... I already spent $60 on the original one and I don't even play it. So I have absolutely no reason to buy this one. I could care less about the extra characters they will have but I do like the HUD changes.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Actually, I think this version is cheaper in price - -same price as Super Street Fighter IV.

Anyyy how, I guess I can't wait to play as Rocket Raccoon~ :3

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    I sold my old MvC3 today for $20 to someone who hadn't heard about this. :P

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I seriously think this is a bad idea. Wish they would consider a DLC option atleast for this. I mean 60 bucks for a just some characters they didnt add before when they could have so they can milk more money slapping "Ultimate" to make people think it wont be exactly the same game but with a few new characters in it. I rarely played the original MvC3, Why would I play this? I mean megaman not even in it. They've been canceling Megaman games like crazy. Seems to me they dont want megaman around anymore.

I found this on the internet

Spoiler:

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • I seriously think this is a bad idea. Wish they would consider a DLC option atleast for this. I mean 60 bucks for a just some characters they didnt add before when they could have so they can milk more money slapping "Ultimate" to make people think it wont be exactly the same game but with a few new characters in it. I rarely played the original MvC3, Why would I play this? I mean megaman not even in it. They've been canceling Megaman games like crazy. Seems to me they dont want megaman around anymore.

I found this on the internet

Spoiler:
    i disagree about the dlc bit, it's cheaper to pay 40 bucks for a whole new copy then to get 12 5 buck dlc characters, plus we get 8 "new" stages (though ones shown so far seem like clones of old ones) and gameplay tweaks. you can argue that you may not want to get all 12 characters as you don't really care about some of them, it's a multiplayer game that you'll be playing with your friends and i'm sure you'll find many that will want to play as characters you may not necessarily want to, so its best to have the full roster where possible.
    i do really think that capcom is dicking around but some of those points are pretty stupid. tbh i thought that dmc did need a reboot, 4's combat was way shallow and the gameplay we have seen so far of the new one is alot more impressive. dan is a sub character, doesn't need to be in sfxtekken and does it matter if it has soul-calibur esque cameos? ssfiv can be upgraded to the ae and ssfiv had a tonne of content which made sense that they had to make a new copy. plus there sf remakes isn't exactly a new thing. admittedly, what they are doing with megaman is just insane and i really hope they get onto a new project with him that they won't cancel.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • i disagree about the dlc bit, it's cheaper to pay 40 bucks for a whole new copy then to get 12 5 buck dlc characters, plus we get 8 "new" stages (though ones shown so far seem like clones of old ones) and gameplay tweaks. you can argue that you may not want to get all 12 characters as you don't really care about some of them, it's a multiplayer game that you'll be playing with your friends and i'm sure you'll find many that will want to play as characters you may not necessarily want to, so its best to have the full roster where possible.
    i do really think that capcom is dicking around but some of those points are pretty stupid. tbh i thought that dmc did need a reboot, 4's combat was way shallow and the gameplay we have seen so far of the new one is alot more impressive. dan is a sub character, doesn't need to be in sfxtekken and does it matter if it has soul-calibur esque cameos? ssfiv can be upgraded to the ae and ssfiv had a tonne of content which made sense that they had to make a new copy. plus there sf remakes isn't exactly a new thing. admittedly, what they are doing with megaman is just insane and i really hope they get onto a new project with him that they won't cancel.

About the Megaman thing, the megaman legend 3 project cancellation saying "Fan's aren't involved in it" I heard the Demo cost money to play. Not sure if there was a demo, I just heard they canceled the project. If they are selling demos for money, no wonder they arent getting involved, usually demos are free, so they play the "free" demo, and If they want it, they can buy the full game when its out.

About the UMvC3; I just think its a money milking move, or a coverup for some games they never finished. That is just my opinion. I only like PW in there thats the only character other than that, I'm not buying it. Meh I dont know much of SF, or Tekken, I played with a few friends, so I dont care for Dan. xD

All I'm saying is they are pissing off theirs fan, well most are pissed.

Last edited:

razzbat

dancer
    Years

• About the Megaman thing, the megaman legend 3 project cancellation saying "Fan's aren't involved in it" I heard the Demo cost money to play. Not sure if there was a demo, I just heard they canceled the project. If they are selling demos for money, no wonder they arent getting involved, usually demos are free, so they play the "free" demo, and If they want it, they can buy the full game when its out.

About the UMvC3; I just think its a money milking move, or a coverup for some games they never finished. That is just my opinion. I only like PW in there thats the only character other than that, I'm not buying it. Meh I dont know much of SF, or Tekken, I played with a few fans, so I dont care for Dan. xD

All I'm saying is they are pissing off theirs fan, well most are pissed.
    the megaman legends 3 demo was meant to be released at the launch of the 3ds eshop, for free, but they didn't put it or up or tell us anything about why they didn't. then about a month later they cancel the whole project, blaming it on the fans which is so stupid as what they were asking for from the fans was just what designs they wanted for certain characters, so they weren't exactly opening themselves out to the fans meaning there should be no reason to blame them. it's insane.

UMvC3, yeh, it is a money scabbing move, but its not like its a new thing, and i'm sure we are going to see another iteration of MvC3 as we don't have megaman who is fans number one most wanted character. more and more, i feel capcom is just thinking about the market and how they can make the most amount of money out of a certain product. while i am excited for many of their titles in the future such as asura's wrath, dragon's dogma, sfxtekken, re revelations, i really do hope they get back to their roots and focus on creating quality products that is more concerned about pleasing the consumers.

also i really hope they add more ultra combos in UMvC3, like what they did with ssfiv.

Back