• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Got it now, Thanks.

I really should have played the game before I started this challenge, but oh well, moving on :P

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    I think it makes it more fun. If you don't look ahead to what the Gyms are, then its like "O shi* the fifth gym is psychic, I'm screwed now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    Well I'm currently on hiatus with my Pokemon Emerald Duo Run. I'll try this.

EDIT - Since my DS isn't working, the order has changed, change it the new edit I've made below. I found that my emulator on this PC works well, I will be doing HG and D afterall :)
    Games
    - Leaf Green > Sapphire > Heart Gold > Diamond

Pokemon - Lunatone
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Leaf Green Log (COMPLETE)
    Spoiler:
    [SPOILER

Pokemon Sapphire Log
    Spoiler:

Updating soon

Last edited:

rew_s11

ERROR 404
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    I haven't update in a long time

- beat rockets
    - beat price:surf/psychic way
    - beat rockets
    - beat rival: surf/ice punch way
    - beat clair(psychic/ice punch way)
    - beat rival same as above

- beat will:
    surf sweep
    - beat koga:
    psychic/surf sweep
    - beat bruno:
    same as above
    - beat karen:
    surf on darks,psychic vileplume and gengar
    - beat lance:
    gyarados: 2HKO with psychic
    dragonites: OHKo with ice punch
    aerodactil and charizard: surf OHKO

surf lt surge,brock,blaine,sabrina
    psychic janine,misty,erika

- beat blue:
    OHKO everybody,bar gyarados(2HKO)

- beat red:
    pikachu: OHKO with surf
    espeon: 2HKO with surf
    snorlax: toxic,then 2-3HKO with psychic
    venosaur: psychic,heal,psychic
    Blastoise: healed then 2HKO with psychic
    charizard: OHKO with surf

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Brain Lv 72 @ leftovers
    - surf
    - ice punch
    - psychic
    - toxic

Hm Slaves:
    bellsprout (cut/flash)
    noctowl(fly)
    gyarados(wirlpoll,waterfall,strenght)

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    I think it makes it more fun. If you don't look ahead to what the Gyms are, then its like "O shi* the fifth gym is psychic, I'm screwed now.

Yeah, I was kinda like that for the Third gym (Electric) When it came to magneton I was like "FFFFFFFFUUUUU" XD
    Basically my moveset was
    -Wrap(Not very effective)
    -Lick(Not very Effective)
    -Bite (Not very effective)
    Poison Tail(Does not effect)

Got there in the end though.

I've not looked at the next gym's so the element of surprise is still their :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    In my life, I haven't beaten DPPt, but I'm still doing this:
    Username: .Kaiser
    Versions: Blue > Crystal > Sapphire > Diamond
    Pokemon: Rattata > Raticate

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Im on a different Laptop today so I don't have an Emulator.

Updates will have to wait till tomorrow :P

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    YAY im finally home so now i can start...
    On Firered. I will have videos of every gym battle. i hope.
    I A-Startered to get Beldum as a starter.
    Beat Brock but not without difficulty. 2 defensive types duking it out will always take long.
    I messed up bad. I went through Mt. Moon. Saved just before. when I finished, Meteor was at lv 19. Then i went north to fight Gary, but I lost to him, and Meteor was at lv 20. If he evolves now, he will be a Metang without Confusion/Metal Claw. So back to Mt. Moon.
    Had some problems with that evolution, so i used a gameshark, but it took forever for it to work... but it works! I have a lv 20 Metang now! Meteor is now complete... No more Take Down...
    videos up soon.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Wow, Looking at those images from Red or Blue (Whatever one it is xD ) brings back memories. It also reminds me how horrible the back Sprite for most Pokemon were back then. I mean Charizard looks great now but back then it was kind of Eww :P

Edit: Battle vs Flannery
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Well...Getting to her was harder than actually battling her :P

Last edited:
    Years
    Haha, indeed those back sprites in the old days were .. let's say not perfect..
    And Sleet, you're making progress. You've almost catched up with me :p.

Anyway, I have started on Platinum for becoming the champ of the Sinnoh region. I had a bit of trouble finding a way to get my Zangoose asap but I've found a way ;)
    I took turtwig from Prof Rowan because Chimchar can do some damage to my Zangoose.. And I used and Action Replay Code to get my Zangoose asap (got it after I got poketch stuff). If someone needs those codes too they can always ask ;), as it wasn't easy to find a decent one.
    I haven't done much except for clearing the first gym (and a small battle with team Galactica). But before that I even had some trouble.. I just got my Zangoose and next up is was trainer with a Machop of 1 lvl higher, I had to redo that battle several times :p.. And also the first gym wasn't easy on me as it was, again, a rock type gym. I don't hit at all and they hit decent. But I managed to get trough without too much grinding. Had some luck with the moves the leader used. Below are some pictures and next update will be following.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
    I have made minimal progress. Merely went to SS Anne and Swept with OHKOs. occasionally 2HKOs. About to face Lt Surge. Misty vid is processing soon.
    Got the TMs Brick Break and Rock Tomb. Meteor is now lv 31. Yeah this is way too easy.
    Just beat Lt Surge, easily. Video will come tomorrow, because my videos take like 35 minutes to process...
    yeah. vid vs misty up.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Haha, indeed those back sprites in the old days were .. let's say not perfect..
    And Sleet, you're making progress. You've almost catched up with me :p.

Anyway, I have started on Platinum for becoming the champ of the Sinnoh region. I had a bit of trouble finding a way to get my Zangoose asap but I've found a way ;)
    I took turtwig from Prof Rowan because Chimchar can do some damage to my Zangoose.. And I used and Action Replay Code to get my Zangoose asap (got it after I got poketch stuff). If someone needs those codes too they can always ask ;), as it wasn't easy to find a decent one.
    I haven't done much except for clearing the first gym (and a small battle with team Galactica). But before that I even had some trouble.. I just got my Zangoose and next up is was trainer with a Machop of 1 lvl higher, I had to redo that battle several times :p.. And also the first gym wasn't easy on me as it was, again, a rock type gym. I don't hit at all and they hit decent. But I managed to get trough without too much grinding. Had some luck with the moves the leader used. Below are some pictures and next update will be following.

I might need that code. Depends if I can play Platinum on an Emulator or not. If i'm using an Emulator i'll just hack it in with pokesav or something. I'll let you know when im nearer to Sinnoh though. I have no idea how far I have to go In Ruby :P

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
    Sorry for the lack of updates but here is the next:

I Defeat everyone on the way to Maylene and wake, but i couldn't defeat Maylene so i got to Wake. He was (surprisingly) more easy than Maylene, so i defeat him. But after some grinding i Defeat Maylene. I don't want to make a long update so i don't post the battle details. I caught a Fly slave, a Starly (named Heatran). Also Happiny hatched from the egg (i named it Arceus). I couldn't find out how to get further but i found a walkthrough on youtube so i found out i had to follow a stupid Galactic Grunt, and after that i got Secretpotion from Cynthia. Now im on my way to celestic town.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Mountain is now Lv. 47 Moves: Dark Pulse, Rock Slide, Thrash, Earthquake.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    You have got to be kidding!!

Someone reliably informed me today, that the Champion of Hoenn is Steven and he uses Steel type Pokemon.

Please tell me this is untrue, if I struggled against that guy in the third gym, how the hell am I supposed to beat the champion? :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back