• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

theking6

Water Types!! :D
Years
I entered Morty's gym with:
Wartortle Lv.32
Bite
Rollout
Surf
Water Gun
Everybody was really easy because of bite.I beat everybody with bite, but Morty was a bit harder. I almost lost because he put my Wartortle to sleep and used dream eater so I almost lost.
I left Morty's gym with:
Wartortle Lv.34
Bite
Rollout
Surf
Water Gun

I entered Chucks gym with:
Blastoise Lv.39
Bite
Rollout
Surf
Water Gun
Pretty hard gym I mean the first couple guys were kinda easy but after you get past the part where you use strength its hard. I almost lost because he put me to sleep.
I left Chuck's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.41
Bite
Rollout
Surf
Water Gun

I entered Jasmin's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.41
Dynamic Punch
Rollout
Surf
Water Gun
The Megnemites almost beat me but I got past them and won. Not really much to explain in this gym...
Blastoise Lv.42
Dynamic Punch
Rollout
Surf
Water Gun

Last edited:

Ataraxia

Wanderer
Years
Just in case anyone was wondering, yes. Yes I am still stuck on Drake's Sal. >.<

RedBattler has been very shiny and kind and given me a rom of Platinum, that very nearly works! He has also given me a wealth of support and help with it too! :D
Battle On!

(gold star if you know what that's from) :P

theking6

Years
I entered Pryce's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.47
Dynamic Punch
Rollout
Surf
Water Gun
Confusing gym. :P I went ahead and just decided to beat everybody.They were all pretty easy. But after I was done I just kept fooling around the gym and eventually just ended up at Pryce. Pryce was to easy I just used Rollout the whole time.
I left Pryce's gym with
Blastoise Lv.48
Dynamic Punch
Rollout
Surf
Water Gun

Sorry I skipped Clair...
I entered the Elite Four with:
Blastoise Lv.60
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Icy Wind
Will was pretty easy accept for his Slowbro, it took a couple hits to beat that. But other than that I made short work of will.
Second,Koga. Koga was easy I just used surf on all of his pokemon and won easily.
Third,Bruno. Bruno was kinda hard, I couldn't get past his fighting types very easily, but once I did I made short work of his rock types. But his Onix took a couple hits to beat.
Fourth, Karen. She was actually a challenge I almost lost so I used two of my full restores. Luckily I was able to get past her without losing my Blastoise. Now I have a Max Revive left over for the champion.
Champion, Lance. He was extremely hard to beat. I had to use my Max Revive and the last of my Max Potions. I ran out of PP for all of my moves so I ended up winning by using struggle on his Aerodactyle. But I ended up winning the Pokemon League!
I left the Elite Four with:
Blastoise Lv.63
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Icy Wind

I entered Lt.Surge's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.64
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Icy Wind
I entered the gym and was kinda disappointed that they removed the trashcan puzzle.:( But I did go ahead and defeat everybody then went on to Lt.Surge. He was pretty easy. His Electabuzz was a little hard.
Blastoise Lv.66
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Icy Wind

I entered Sabrina's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.64
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Icy Wind
I don't know how I did it but I managed to get through Sabrina's gym without facing anybody but her. She was extremely easy to beat, I didn't even take any damage.
I left Sabrina's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.66
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Icy Wind

I entered Misty's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.68
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
Kinda hard because of the water types, and I lost my first try but came back and won.
Blastoise Lv.64
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump

I entered Janine's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.71
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Icy Wind
I hate how everybody looks like Janine. But for the most part, an easy gym. I beat Janine easy.
I left Janine's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.64
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Icy Wind

I entered Erika's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.72
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
Hard gym to get through, I lost the first time.. But the second time I beat her but I still almost lost..
I left Erika's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.74
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump

Last edited:

theking6

Years
I entered Blaine's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.74
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
Easy peasy. I got past this gym in no time, I just used surf three times and he lost.
I left Blaine's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.75
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump

I entered Blue's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.75
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
I beat his Pidgeot easy, but then I lost to his Exeggutor..
Blue, second try. Once again, I lost to his Exeggutor..
Blue, third try. This time I beat his Exeggutor, then came darn near close to losing to his Gyarados. Then I blasted through his Alakazam, Rhydon, and his Arcanine.
I left Blue's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.76
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump

I entered Brock's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.76
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
I easily beat the first guy, then went on to Brock who was no challenge either. I ended up leaving without taking any damage.
I left Brock's gym with:
Blastoise Lv.77
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
I now have all 16 badges! :D

I entered Mt.Silver with:
Blastoise Lv.77
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
I beat his Pikachu with a Hydro Pump, then I easily lost to his Venasaur..
Red, second try. Once again beat his Pikachu with Hydro Pump, and lost to his Venasaur.. So I stopped for a while and trained.
By the time I was done training I had:
Blastoise Lv.100
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
Red, third try. This time I beat his Venasuar bu almost lost to it.. Then I beat his Espeon with surf, but then I lost to his Snorlax.
Red,fourth try. This time I beat his Snorlax, I beat his Blastoise with Hydro Pump and surf. And I just destroyed his Charizard with Surf... I won!
I beat the game with:
Blastoise Lv.100 :t009::t008::t007:
Surf
Whirlpool
Waterfall
Hydro Pump
HP:359
Attack:224
Defense:274
Special Attack:250
Special Defense:290
Speed:230

Last edited:

999ultramegatron

I wanna be the very best
Years
i beat the canalve gym by using 6 x-attacks after that i made my way to lake valor to battle team galactic and swept them all without taking a single hit then i went to snowpoint city and challenged the ice gym(which wasn't as hard as you think). i then flew to veilstone city to galactic hq and beat galactic leader cyrus and got the master ball! then i was off to beat them again at spear pillar. after i beat dialga i went to sunnyshore gym and beat the gym leader by spamming with fly and won only using one hyper potion after getting through victory road i used my rare candies on crobat and got it to level 78 moves: fly bite poison fang and confuse ray. i beat the pokemon leage on the second try now i am starting heart gold because my emerald is lent to a friend

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Does anybody have a code to catch a Squirtle in Pokemon Sapphire?

Yeah, it's called A-Starter. XP And I know you have it, don't try to tell me you don't. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Anyways, here's my post!

Johto Log 4

Today, I found out that Farfetch'd are annoying creatures and that Lyra has a crush on me.

I started out the day by heading into Ilex Forest on my way to Goldenrod. Things were going smoothly until some nerdy looking guy asks me to help catch his Farfetch'd. I didn't want to, but as I looked around, it seemed a thick clump of trees were in my way. So I said what the heck and went Farfetch'd hunting.

The first Farfetch'd I found looked straight at me from behind a rock as I stepped on some twigs. The guy said I'd have to sneak up on them from behind, so I planned accordingly. I quickly ran around behind it and snagged it. Never before in my life have I felt more like a rapist.

I dragged the thing back to the guy, and he thanks me by telling me that there's another one still gone. More hunting, anyone? The second one was a bit harder, though all it took was a little smart guiding.

After finding both Farfetch'd, the guy thanked me immensely. Then who I assumed was his master showed up and thanks me with Cut, which I had actually lost during my years as Champ of Kanto.

With a new HM for Cut, I slashed my way through the brambles and into the next clearing. The long walk started to find me getting bored, and my mind began wandering. I think it was something about the forest, but I started thinking about all these random things. Life, happiness, etc. No reason why, I just did.

In the forest, I met that strange girl from Violet again. Except she wasn't. She just looked like her. And dressed like her. And acted like her. Sure she wasn't the same person.

Anyway, she asks if I know how to get out. I didn't, but Psycho sure did. Being able to sense electromagnetic fields must come in handy. After he pointed her towards the exit, I followed her, using Psycho's lead as well.

After I got out of the forest, I headed northward, battling and beating trainers as I went. I came upon this large house with a huge fenced off yard and suddenly Lyra comes running up to an old man standing outside the house. She called him Grandpa, and they talked a bit until she noticed me. Then she introduced me to her Grandpa and praised his ability to train Pokémon. She also took me inside and I met her Grandma. The woman immediately assumed we were in a relationship, and Lyra was doing her best to hide her blush. I could tell she was into me, though I didn't know how I felt about her.

As she was leaving, she remembered that we hadn't exchanged numbers. We did so, and she had to tell her Grandma that we were two trainers and it's normal to exchange numbers. She still knew that Lyra had a thing for me. After that moment, I could see it too. I, however, was neutral on the matter. Lyra's a nice girl, and that's about all I think about her.

After that awkward event, I continued moving until I hit Goldenrod City. It reminded me a lot of Celadon City. Tall buildings, shoppers, and that big city atmosphere. There was even a strange sort of game corner, but there was only one game, and it was more skill based.

I explored the town a bit and found a sort of underground path thing that had some shops and trainers. I also found Lyra there, who gave me another present. More proof of her crush on me.

After I explored the city, I decided I needed to train some. I went back south and hit Route 33 again, leveling Psycho up to level 31, at which point both he and I were satisfied.

I tried to hit the Gym, but it turns out the Gym Leader, Whitney, was away at the Radio Tower. So I headed there to see if I could find her, and there she was. She was taking a quiz to try and win a Radio Card for her PokéGear. I decided to try it out. It wasn't that hard at all.

When I aced the quiz, Whitney came up to me and was surprised I knew all the answers. Then she ran back to the Gym, where I followed her. As I exited the tower, I saw a Team Rocket guy standing in plain sight. I confronted him, but he just told me to scram. No arguing with this guy.

I got to the Gym and checked out the huge room. The ceiling was very tall, and there were a bunch of raised pathways on top of walls, creating a two story maze. I maneuvered around the maze-like paths, defeating the trainers as I went. Then I reached Whitney.

Her first Pokémon was a Clefairy, who went down after a Metal Claw and a Confusion. No trouble there. Her Miltank went down just as easily. Two Metal Claws and it was out of commission. Piece of cake.

However, instead of getting the badge right after beating her, she started sniveling and crying. I didn't know what to do, so I just backed up a bit. One of the Gym trainers came up to me and said that it was OK, and that Whitney always cries after a loss, but usually stops fairly quickly.

Sure enough, I walked back up to her and asked her if she was OK, and she stopped crying and pretty much returned to her normal self in an instant. She finally gave me the Plain Badge and TM 45.

picture.php

After that, I didn't have anything else I could think of to do here, so I rented a room for the night and made plans to continue north tomorrow.

Metang/Psycho
Lvl. 32
Nature: Naughty
Moves: Bullet Punch
Confusion
Metal Claw
Pursuit
Ability: Clear Body

theking6

Years
Hey hey hey, first off I know you know who I am. Second A-Starter isn't working could you send me a rom with Treecko being Squirtle?

Years
I'm choosing doduo in leaf green and i just started now.

im doing pokemon gold with doduo its strong.

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Johto Log 5

Today was more boring than being locked up in a white padded room in a straight jacket while a TV showed nothing but static. Not that I know what that's like... Also, later on, it redefined the word 'disorientating' for me.

It was a straight shot from Goldenrod to the National Park. Only a few trainers to beat and none of them were that hard. In the National Park, there was a notice asking us to keep all battles in the tall grass for the safety of those strolling about.

Speaking of those people, they were all talking about something called a PokéWalker. Not sure what that is, but I'm guessing it's something high tech and important to a lot of people. I'll pass on it, though.

The trainers in the grass were good for some experience, and that's about it.

I left the park and headed on east, beating the few trainers on that route. However, I soon came to that weird shaking tree again. There was a lady there who told me that it attacks people when they spray it with water. Then she mentioned her mom wouldn't give her the spray bottle without the Plain Badge. Meaning... GOTTA. RUN. ALL. THE. WAY. BACK. TO. GOLDENROD. FOR. BOTTLE. THEN. RUN. BACK. TO. TREE. THING. SO. DAMN. ANNOYING.

I finally got back and sprinkled the tree. Turns out it was a Pokémon; to be exact, it was a Sudowoodo. It leapt out and tried to knock away the spray bottle, but Psycho came in and beat it away. The thing then took off into the woods.

The lady thanked me for taking care of it and gave me some berry pots to grow berries in. I think she would've been better off keeping them for herself. They're collecting dust now.

I continued up the newly opened path to Ecruteak City. I hit the PokéCenter quickly to heal Psycho when I see Bill walk down the stairs. We met up and talked a bit about the storage system, and then he mentioned a place called Hoenn. He said someone there helped develop the storage system with him. He also mentioned his family in Goldenrod and left.

Ecruteak City was a very interesting place. It had a certain Japanese feel to it, from the buildings to the ponds right down to the lamps. It certainly made me feel like I was in an old Japanese town rather than a modern city.

I entered one particularly old style building to find a dance studio. I saw that one girl I had seen a few times around, the one in the strange and fancy dress. She was dancing a very pretty dance, when a Rocket grunt ran up and started yelling at her. It sounded like he had had a little too much to drink. Then he started dancing like a crazed maniac. Definitely drunk as a skunk.

I kicked his can off of the stage like a Hollywood movie director and started to leave when an old guy came up and thanked me for saving who he called a Kimono Girl. He handed me HM 03 for Surf. Kind old man.

I decided now would be a good time to hit the Gym, but it turned out that the Leader was at some burned tower. So that's the next place I went.

Turns out, it wasn't just a burned tower. It was THE Burned Tower. I guess its original name was forgotten after it burned down. It was much less of a tower, only one floor, though there were many more according to a person standing nearby.

Inside the tower, there was a huge hole in the middle of the floor, and rubble was strewn everywhere. Everything was charred, and the floor creaked dangerously. I was starting to wonder why the Gym Leader would even want to be there.

I quickly found two people rummaging around the place. One introduced himself as Eusine, and he told me all about how he'd been chasing after a Pokémon called Suicune, which was now apparently in the basement of the tower. The other person I saw called himself Morty, and told me he was the Gym Leader here. He told me there was a legend behind Suicune, as well as two others named Entei and Raikou.

I decided to try and see what was so special about these Pokémon. But as I was about to take the ladder down, that Danny punk showed up again. He kept insulting me and called himself a trainer sworn for greatness. I swear, if Psycho hadn't have been de-leveled and de-evolved, I would have had him smash that punk through the floorboards right now.

The battle that inevitably ensued was simple. His Gastly took only one Confusion to beat. His Magnemite was tougher, but it fell after a few Metal Claws. His Croconaw fell after Confusion slammed him in the weak spot, and Zubat was a joke who couldn't last a minute in a ring with a Hoppip.

After I beat him, Psycho leveled up and re-learned Psychic and Danny stormed off in a huff. I continued on down the ladder to the basement. I climbed down the ladder, then down the steps that followed, and when I got close enough to see the three beasts, they saw me. The yellow colored one fled first, followed by the red one. The blue one, however, ran up to me and looked me in the eyes. Then it ran off right as Eusine came down the ladder.

Eusine was all choked up about being this close to Suicune. He told me that he had seen it come up close to me. Legends said that Suicune only does that when it sees something special in a person, according to Eusine. After he told me this, he climbed back up the ladder. I followed him, feeling a little bit humbled by that Pokémon's presence. Never before had I seen something with its eyes. Wisdom of a thousand years swirled in them.

It was simply mystifying.

When I got back up, Morty and Eusine were both gone. I hadn't a clue where Eusine went, but I had a hunch that Morty went back to his Gym.

In the Gym, it was pitch black everywhere, and there was a strange vortex below the platforms and paths. The only light came from candles that were all around the entrance. I slowly made my way down the paths to places where trainers with candles stood. I saw the way around them before I battled them, but after I won, their candles were put out, and I had to go from memory.

I fell only once. But that one time shook me up enough to never want to do it again. It felt almost like being in a dryer, tumbling all around and loosing my orientation. Then I was back at the entrance to the Gym.

After that experience, I was a whole lot more careful.

I finally made it to Morty, standing on a platform illuminated by two enormous candles. He talked about legends of a rainbow Pokémon and told me that only one who had achieved greatness could see it. Then we battled.

Morty used Ghost Pokémon, but all of them were part Poison, so that was a lucky break for me. His Gastly took one Confusion to defeat. Next, he sent out his most powerful Pokémon, his Gengar. A Psychic to the face sent it packing. Next up was his Haunter, who also felt the hard end of a Psychic. His last Pokémon, also a Haunter, tasted bitter defeat at the mercy of Psycho, who only used Confusion to beat it.

After I won, Morty conferred upon me (fancy talk for gave me) the Fog Badge and TM 30, Shadow Ball.

picture.php

(Ignore the black lines across the screen, they were a glitch that the Gym had throughout it.)

I promptly taught Shadow Ball to Psycho, slowly regaining the move set I had before coming to Johto. After that, I decided to check out the one building I hadn't visited in Ecruteak. The gate house that leads to the Bell Tower.

The guard let me through after seeing that I had the Fog Badge, and I exited the gate house into a trail of trees with orange and red leaves. It was like the area was in a state of perpetual fall.

The Bell Tower was a very tall building, around ten floors from the look of it. The construction was similar to that of the Sprout Tower; it even had the same swaying pillar support. I don't know how it worked, but I guess it worked well. The tower itself was empty, save for one monk who told us of Ho-oh and how it had flown away a long time ago. I couldn't go any further up the tower because of this guy, so I left.

So now it's time I got to sleep. Tomorrow, I'll check the map and figure out where I should go next.

picture.php

Yeah, that's right. I've got fancy screen shots for my status now.

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
Well I am going to use Ludicolo throughout this challenge.
Games: LG, SS, E, Pt

Kanto Update #1:
Today I started my challenge, years after the disbandment of Team Cipher, I, Miror B, decided to move to Kanto with only a boombox and a Lotad in order to regain my glory and spread my reach over the world. I went over Professor Oak in hopes of a possible hostage but he pushed me aside and gave me a Charmander. A CHARMANDER? No way that a charmander could match my skill in the art of dance. Oak insisted me to keep it but I quickly sold it off and decided to use my lovable Lotad. The only way I could possibly take Kanto by force was to... "persuade" the local Gym Leaders... I traveled through the Viridian Forest and my Lotad evolved into a wonderful Lombre. Soon enough I had reached the Pewter City Gym.

Brock was a complete pushover. Ha, my Lombre waltzed over their graves sweeping them with absorb. If I can remember it was about level 18.

Next was the quaint hamlet of Cerulean, now that my Lombre was a respectable level 30 after many battles and grinding, I knew that Cerulean City was going to be shocked with my sheer abilities. That little pest; they call her Misty or whatever, stood no chance My trusty Lombre again helped me with the clean sweep. After the battle, I demanded her to give me a water stone but even that was to hard.

Once that was done I was given a tip that a famous pokemon enthusiast lived up north on top of a hill, maybe he had the technology to create new and more powerful Shadow Pokemon. When I arrived, to my disgust I was greeted by a pokemon-human hybrid pleading for help. I saw a ticket to a expensive cruise, took it, and I let him be.

Once I relaxed on the cruise a bit I decided to ditch the place and take on the man called Lt. Surge (hes covered wars you know). A little hesitant, me and my level 35 Lombre challenged the Lt. and barely defeated him.

Now at this moment we have just arrived in Celeadon. I had "bought" a water stone and gotten my Lombre to evolve and I had also obtained a Tm for Ice beam. There seems to be a lot of commotion here and I think they're looking for me I have to flee the area for now.

- End Transmission -

Attachments

• UltamiteSolo1.png
    UltamiteSolo1.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 4
  • UltamiteSolo2.png
    UltamiteSolo2.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 6

theking6

Years
Well actually my a-starter is working its the rom that isn't. Just give me a rom the next time you come over to my house.

Starting Hoenn.
I entered Roxanne's gym with:
Wartortle Lv.16
Tackle
Tail Whip
Bubble
Water Gun
I beat Josh pretty easy I just used Bubble three times. Tommy wasn't hard either, I just used Bubble to beat his Geodude. I beat Roxanne's Geodude with Bubble, but it took a couple hits to beat her Nosepass.
I left Roxanne's gym with:
Wartortle Lv.18 :t008:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Bubble
Water Gun

I entered Brawly's gym with:
Wartortle Lv.18
Tackle
Tail Whip
Bubble
Water Gun
I looked around and beat everybody so that it would be easy to see and then went on to beat Brawly. I beat his Machop with three Water Guns, but then lost to his Makuhita..
Brawly, second try. This time I beat his Makuhita and left his gym with:
Wartortle Lv.21
Tackle
Bite
Bubble
Water Gun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back