• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
Years
  • Name: Kendrix

Log:

After I beat Misty, I headed to Vermilion City, in hopes of getting my third badge and maybe even attend the party on the SS Annie. On my way there I caught an Oddish, ranked as my first pokemon on my PokeDex, so that I could lean Cut for the gym. Once I reached to the city I healed Almia and headed to docks to crash the party on the cruise ship.

Long story short Almia beat everyone of the pokemon that was on the ship, including Arkrus (My Rival).In the end I managed to get the HM for Cut and even the luxury of riding the cruise ship for free, provided that I gain enough reputation by beating the Elite Four.

Some time later, I left the ship and taught Oddish how to Cut down trees, in preparation for the Gym battle, against Lt Surge. After what felt like hours, of searching through trash just to find some weird switch I finally faced Surge in a 1 on 3 Battle. The battle was incredibly easy, even if I did have a huge level advantage. I just alternated between Psywave, for Raichu and Magnetite, and Secret Power and in no time at all I got my third badge.

I trek through the Rock Tunnel (necessary to get to Lavender town) was bit more difficult than I thought due to the fact that I didn't bother to catch the 10 pokemon needed for the HM for Flash.

I eventually got through, healed Almia and headed off to Celadon City. On the way there I taught her Shock wave, in cause I ever needed a move that can't miss. Once I reached Celadon I cleared Team Rocket from the Game Corner, and for my reward got the Scope I needed for the Pokemon Tower.

With nothing else to I challenged Erika to a battle, which I easily won. Psywave and Astonish helped a whole lot in that battle.

Pokemon:

Almia (Misdreavus) F lvl 51

=>Psywave
    =>Shock Wave
    => Confuse Ray
    => Astonish

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    I'm pretty much where you are now Legendary Squirtle.

After defeating Misty I made my way down to Vermillion. There I hopped aboard the SS Anne, taking out every trainer on the ship. I picked up Brick Break and taught it to Bobo. I immediately used my 3 PP UPs on it, seeing as it was going to be one of my final moves.

My rival wasn't much of a problem, they all went down in a single hit!
    Got the Cut HM from the Captain and taught it to Far'Fetched, my HM slave.

Lt. Surge wasn't that difficult either, I mostly stuck to using Faint Attack in order to avoid getting paralysed by Pikachu. Eventually Raichu managed to hit Bobo with a Shock Wave, so I went all out and destroyed it with Brick Break.

Made my way through the Digglet cave to get the HM and Mr. Mime. I don't plan on using either of them but it's a habit of mine... Stuck around in the cave a bit in the hopes of getting some more PP UPs from Pickup, haven't found any yet. I did find a Rare Candy, which I'm saving for the end, before facing the E4.

When I made my way to Rock Tunnel I came upon a pleasant surprise, a TM of Aerial Ace! I had forgotten that TM was there. Now even fighting types weren't a problem anymore!

Rock Tunnel was a bit annoying, as ever, but not any harder. Got to Lavender and defeated all of the trainers surrounding the town. Picked up Return, that's 3 endgame moves in the pocket!

Team Rocket isn't even worth talking about, they were laughably easy. I was slightly annoyed Giovanni's Khangaskhan didn't go down in a single hit though...

Erica was easy as well, Aerial Ace made short work of the ladies in that place.

Current Stats:

Bobo, male Teddiursa lvl 50
    Ability: Pickup
    Return
    Brick Break
    Aerial Ace
    Faint Attack

Last edited:

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I approve of this behavior.

I like funny Nicknames :) But only for my HM slaves. I also have a sandshrew as Strength slave named Magikarp :)

Update:

I defeat the abadonned ship for fun.
    I Came through new Maville(or something) for fun
    Defeat all trainers in the water for fun.

FUN!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    Yay, my first update in a while.

Crystal Update #1:
    Started game, talked to a few people and went to Elm's lab. Usinga tool, I got Cubone as my starter, and named him Phillip. Trained Phillip to Lvl.9, and got to Cherrygrove, and got the Map added to my pokegear. Went up through route 30 and got to Mr. pokemons and got the pokedex. Went back to Cherrygrove and fought my Rival for the first time, and OHKO'd his Cyndaquil with Bne Club. Went back to New Bark town, named my Rival and got 5 Pokeballs from Elm. Went through route 30 & 31 battling, trainers, and getting to level 13, and learned Head But. Got to Violet City, went through Sprout Tower, and got flash. Then went to the gym, and defeated Falkner nd gopt Mud-Slap.

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    Spoiler:

Well we start with Karen. I seed her Umbreon and then growth. She shifts to her Houndoom but I had growthed enough to tank a flamethrower and took him down. The rest were easy. Lance is ok too as I just maxed out and hit him hard. His Charizard could have caused me problems but not really.

I beat the Champion! Yay! Course there is still Kanto. D'oh!

I decided to do classic order so starting with Brock who is super weak to me. Then I run into my rival who is ok but really his Golbat (that I beat towards the end of the vid) hurts beyond belief with confusion and wing attack.

Yeah I've done Gold now so the videos will be up tomorrow I think. I have started Emerald. BTW Does anyone know if there is a starter editing program for Platinum? I could only find one for D/P.

Ezashin Koori

Cold Steel Wing Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I'm going to go with Skarmory
    It's 2nd gen, so I guess I'll have to start with Fire Red
    FR -> Gold -> Emerald -> Platinum

Quick Question: Do you have to have the same HM slaves for all the games too?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    After getting the Silph Scope I had Ray trek back to the Pokemon Tower, clearing the place of any ghosts, emo dinos and failed evil characters.

I obtained the pokeflute and captured the Snorlax on the fishing route. Everytime I capture this bugger I remind myself I've never used Snorlax in my team before. Something about him puts me off. Munchlax on the other hand looks wicked.

Plowed through the incredibly long line of trainers to the Safarizone. Seriously, every route around Lavender is infested with trainers and they're not even any good! Most of them pack 3-4 unbelievably weak pokemon that I could probably take on after beating Brock! This is pretty much the most boring part of the game for me, next to the hell that is Victory Road.

Once in Fuchsia I decided to hit up my old pal Koga and molest his team. Apart from a bit of poison damage this gym was no problem. I noticed that my Faint attack failed to OHKO the various Hypno in the gym, while Return had no problem with them.
    It seems my lack of Sp Attack has finally caught up with me and I may have to replace Faint Attack soon.
    Still debating it though, as it might still be useful vs ghost types (my only other attack that can connect is Aerial Ace, which hits at regular efficiency).

Anyway, did all the stuff there is to do in this waterhole: gather a bunch of new pokes, obtain 2 HMs and loot stuff left everywhere. Got my Squirtle out of the box and taught it Surf and Strength. I've still got a slave spot left, but I don't know if I'll need it for this game (Far'Fetched is my other slave for Cut and Fly).

After Fuchsia I flew back to Saffron and molested Sabrina, literaly. Only her Alakazam survived after a single punch from Bobo and managed to hit quite hard with Psychic. That was the most damage I suffered in a long time.

Before quitting I plodded through the long and annoying maze that is Silph Co. I had forgotten the exact route needed so I just jumped around the platforms till I got the right one. Bub (rival) was peanuts and Giovanni didn't even have time to finish his sentance.

Honestly, solo runs with normal characters end up to be quite boring. The only moves I have to look out for are Fighting type, but since Bobo is so overleveled he usually outpaced these types and manages to wreck them with Aerial Ace. Case in point: the area I was most afraid of - the Fighting Dojo - I simply blitzed through with that one flying move.

Bobo, male Teddiursa, lvl 68
    Careful nature
    Return
    Brick Break
    Aerial Ace
    Faint Attack

Last edited:

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I'm going to go with Skarmory
    It's 2nd gen, so I guess I'll have to start with Fire Red
    FR -> Gold -> Emerald -> Platinum

Quick Question: Do you have to have the same HM slaves for all the games too?

No you don't have to use the same HM slaves, only the same Solo pokemon.

Years
  • Taking this challenge.

Name: Emoxy
    Pokemon: Mawile
    Route: FR - SS - E - Pt

Gonna edit the grass starter to my Mawile, so as to give myself a challenge (Fire >> Steel).

:)

Are egg moves allowed, btw?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey,
    I'll join this challenge too.
    My trainer's name: ExavierFR
    My pokémon: zangoose
    Teh games: FR -> SS -> E -> Pt

First off is FR and I'll use A-starter to get zangoose as my starting pokémon.

Years
  • This is gonna get fun with extremely speedy updates.

Update #1 - STEEL TYPES FTW

- Tanks everything like crazy.
    - Misty pawned me..

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Gnawie! Level 23 Mawile
    Lonely/Intimidate
    HP 61/Atk 50/Def 42/SpA 33/SpD 34/Spe 31
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Bite
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Rock Tomb
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Vicegrip
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Fake Tears

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • Update:

I got to Weather institute and got a castform (named Arceus)
    Got to fortree city but i couldn't get to the gym so i walked further.
    i discovered the Devon Scope and walked back.
    I defeat Winona with OHKO's only
    I am in Lilycove City now.

Years
  • Update #2 - Still smooth

- My rival/Misty screenshots disappeared! You must believe me.
    - Anyway, OHKO all of rival's Pokemon.. Rock Tomb is seriously a good move.
    - Nugget Bridge wasn't a problem.
    - Misty.. Tanked a few hits of Water Pulse to Bite them to death. :) Staryu LV18 is faster than my LV28 Mawile -.-

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Gnawie! Level 71 Mawile
    Lonely/Intimidate
    HP 176/Atk 161/Def 134/SpA 107/SpD 99/Spe 110
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Crunch
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Rock Slide
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Vicegrip
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Ice Beam (FTW!!!)

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    this is going top be so much fun! :)

but...if i use charmander....how can i use that in other games?

actually, im doing staryu family.

FR ---> C ----> E ----> P

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • I'll probably be stating next week. My games will probably go:
    Fire Red
    Heart Gold
    Emetald
    Platinum

Like I said, hopefully some time next week. Looks like a lot of fun. Not sure about what Pokemon to use yet

Last edited:

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Wow I almost forgot about this challenge!

Anyway I forgot my Brock battle vid so here it is.

This is the easiest battle ever. Just spamming Bubble. =P

Spoiler:

Years
  • Update #3 - I'm done.

Somehow, I keep forgetting that VBA resets its screenshot count everytime I restart it, so I lost Giovanni's screenshots. I'll summarize his battle:

- Ice Beam.

Yup. That's it.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Charizard nearly took me down; he was actually faster than me, and his Flamethrower left me with a paltry 15 HP.

Used a lot of Rare Candies, to level up.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Lorelei.
    - Dewgong: Rock Slide.
    - Cloyster: Return + Crunch (180 defense hard to break through)
    - Jynx: Crunch.
    - Lapras: Return + Rock Slide
    - Slowbro: Return + Crunch

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Bruno.
    - Onixes: Ice Beam.
    - Hitmons: Return OHKO.
    - Machamp: Woah, Cross Chop took me down to 30HP. 2 Returns.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Agatha!
    - Gengar/Haunter: Crunch.
    - Golbat: Rock Slide.
    - Arbok: 2 Returns (Intimidate ugh)
    - The last Gengar: He's faster than me! Luckily Hypnosis missed twice phew. 2 Crunches (didn't OHKO)

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Lance was actually the easiest of the 4, despite that goddamn THUNDER WAVE, my most hated move.

- Gyarados: (Intimidate ugh) 2 Rock Slides.
    - Dragonairs: 2 Returns each. Seriously, Dragon Rage?
    - Dragonite: Outrage did 30 damage to me. :D Ice Beam OHKO.
    - Aerodactyl: Rock Slide OHKO.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Sorry I forgot to deposit my HM Slaves.

Gary:
    Pidgeot: Look at the above picture, it's struggling with rocks sliding down!
    Charizard: NIGHTMARE. Fire Blast left me with 15 HP yet again. Rock Slide OHKO.
    Alakazam: A Return left him at red HP, Gary Full Restored, and Crunch CH-ed for an OHKO.
    Gyarados: (INTIMIDATE UGH) 2 Rock Slides.
    Rhydon: Ice Beam.
    Exeggutor: Ice Beam.

CHAMPION!

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Gnawie! Level 88 Mawile
    Lonely/Intimidate
    HP 216/Atk 199/Def 165/SpA 132/SpD 122/Spe 136
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Crunch
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Rock Slide
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Return
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Ice Beam

HM Slaves:
    Meowth - Cut
    Spearow - Fly
    Lapras - Strength, Surf
    (I went through Rock Tunnel without Flash :P)

Request: Can I play Emerald and Platinum before Soul Silver?
    This is because I believe SS's Red will be the hardest challenge.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • Update:

I have done everything with team Magma
    I have defeat Tate & Liza
    I have done everything with team Aqua
    I defeat Juan
    I am in victory road now.

More update:

I completed Victory road
    I defeat the league :) (videos are coming :))

By the way, after Tyranitar am i then allowed to take it with Turtwig?
    If so i will hack it (and evolutions) into the games, but am i allowed? It doesn't matter for me if im not.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • By the way, after Tyranitar am i then allowed to take it with Turtwig?
    If so i will hack it (and evolutions) into the games, but am i allowed? It doesn't matter for me if im not.
    Are you asking if you can redo the challenge with turtwig? I wish you could, but you can't use fourth generations, as they aren't in any of the Kanto games.

@ Emoxy, you're good to go, it doesn't matter which order you beat them in, as long as you beat them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back