• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
Years
  • Name: Kendrix

Log:

Well I headed back to Lavender Town after my fourth badge, and used the Scope I got from Giovanni to enter the Pokemon Tower, which I heard was haunted. Once inside I beat Arkrus again, with 1 move, and headed upstairs. Once I was there I pretty much went Ghostbusters on the place. I went through and pretty much decimated all of the so called possessed trainers' pokemon with Psywave. On the second to last floor I faced off against an angry Marowak ghost, but thanks to Almia we managed to calm it down.

After that I received a Poke flute for my courageous act, and headed back to Saffron City, to get my next badge. When I reached I realized that the cops till hadn't come, even though I called them earlier, and decided to rescue the employees of Silph Co myself. It wasn't too hard, as Almia is virtually unstoppable now; even Giovanni (he was back for round 2) was no match for me. For my efforts, I got a Masterball, A Lapras and Almia even learned Thunder wave from one of the employees.

I then taught Almia Psychic, to finish off her moveset and beat the Fighting Dojo next door to the gym. I left the prize though, since it won't be very useful. My gym battle against Sabrina was pretty much what I expected, spammed Astonish against her Psychic types and used Shock Wave vs. her Venomoth.

I then left that city and arrived in Fuchsia an hour later, beating a grumpy Snorlax along the way. I discovered that the Warden has lost his teeth in the Safari zone, and I could get the Hm for Surf in the same place.

I entered the gym, to challenge Koga, knowing that it was the best course of action. I pretty much beat all of his pokemon with one move, Psychic, before he even had a chance of counter attacking. I then healed Almia and decided to head to the Safari Zone to get the Warden's teeth and the HM for Surf.

Pokemon:

Almia (Misdreavus) F lvl 75

=>Psychic
    =>Shock Wave
    => Thunder Wave
    => Astonish

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    Final Gold update!

Spoiler:

Basically all the gym leaders in Kanto as really really weak so there isn't much to say. Blue gave me some trouble but he fell after awhile. Now Red, he was ok.

For Pikachu I seed him and start growing. Thunder barely touches me so I just keep going, gaining health back as well. After maxing out, I heal and thrash him. This is pretty much how it goes until I hit charizard who ended my first go with a critical flamethrower but this time I mange to pull off the tank. After that it's plain sailing.

I am currently 4 badges into Emerald and I've done that in the past hour so maybe expect a post containing all of Emerald in the next day or two!

Also can I request to change my final game to Diamond? It's the only one I've managed to get a starter hacker kit for. Thanks.

Years
  • Okay thanks, I'll do Emerald first then. :)

Gnawie, here we come!

EDIT: Ultimate Solo Challenge! Update #1 - Emerald

So, Gnawie timetravelled and added a ! to its name.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Gnawie! Level 29 Mawile
    Lonely/Hyper Cutter (yeah didn't get Intimidate this time.. for a challenge =P)
    HP 70/Atk 62/Def 56/SpA 46/SpD 43/Spe 43
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Bite
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Rock Tomb
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Vicegrip
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Fake Tears

Same moveset :)

Last edited:

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • Okay, I managed to get started today, but didn't do a lot, because I was busy as heck today.

Warning: The following log is boring, and makes you realize just how many words are in all caps.

Spoiler:

In summary, played until I caught a JIGGLYPUFF and leveled it up a bit.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

SUPERMANLY / JIGGLYPUFF (M)
    Lv 6
    BOLD / CUTE CHARM
    1. SING
    2. DEFENSE CURL

Are you annoyed of caps lock yet?

Last edited:
    Years
  • OMG Flannery is not fun. She's extremely hard because Overheat kills a Steel-type that has 50 base SpD and at 16 levels higher than the attacking Pokemon.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Haven't found a way to defeat her. Gosh.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Gnawie! Level 46 Mawile
    Lonely/Hyper Cutter
    HP 110/Atk 101/Def 89/SpA 76/SpD 67/Spe 73
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Crunch
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Rock Tomb
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Vicegrip
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Fake Tears

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • I've beaten the E4 in FireRed. God I'm really annoyed of playing FR, now I won't probably play it for 3-4 months or so.

Lorelei was OHKO'd by Rock Slide. Even Slowbro, not weak to Rock Slide, could take one.

Bruno was lol so easy. Ice Beam on Onix's and Aerial Ace on hitmons + machamp killed him easily.

Agatha wasn't tough as well. Gengar's + Haunter were OHKO'ed by Rock Slide, Arbok 2HKO'ed by Aerial Ace (damn you Intimidate) and Golbat was killed by a Ice Beam

Lance was like Bruno. Rock Slide + Ice Beam is a good combo for him.

I used an Elixer.

Meh, like everything, Rival Fail was easy as well. Rock Slide came good vs Gyarados, Pidgeot and especially Charizard, Exeggutor was easily KO'd by a Aerial Ace, Rhydon was killed with a Brick Break (BB finally came useful in the E4/Champion). Rock Slide lol'd at Alakazam.

E4 was very easy, I got a near flawless win, just Agatha's Arbok was able to put a scratch on Kabutops with Bite.

Kabutops @ nothing
    Level 88, Battle Armor, male
    Quiet nature
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Ice Beam [thanks to myrrhman for suggesting Ice Beam]
    ~ Brick Break
    ~ Aerial Ace

Moving to Johto now, I'll start in a few days after doing my Alpha Fan Hoenn run.

Also, I made a two userbars. Here they are:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • Also, I made a two userbars. Here they are:

Spoiler:

I have a more easy way: just copy/paste this (text of course) into your signature(then you can also click on it to get here):

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi, here is the first part of my kanto quest:

I got Zangoose from Oak and named it HellSlash.
    Now I'm on my quest for becoming the ultimate solo champion!
    I went trough viridian forest on my way to the first badge but it wasn't that easy, HellSlash fainted against the last trainer..
    After a quick stop/reset at the pokécenter I challenged the rock-gym and it wasn't easy either with just a normal type and only normal moves.
    But hey, I got Swords Dance and that made my day, I do some SD's and scratched 'em to KO :). On the way to the second gym I learned HellSlash Megapunch to help him out in the early lvls (it has pwr 80).
    I faced misty with a lvl 19 beast, it was easy but I lost once due to a crit hit from her side..
    The second battle with gary was too easy, after I SD I OHKO'd all his pokémons.
    The SS-Anne wasn't hard either and as last beated my rival again. He hasn't imrpoved much at all, slashed him all teh way down ;).
    After I got kicked from the boat I kicked st. Lurge's ass ;), it wasn't even a close match..
    So it's back to cerulean city and get past the rock tunnel. A hardie doing without flash but manageable. Also learned HellSlash rock slide for good type coverage and I forgot to mention but earlier I learned him brick break too.

Other update parts will follow soon..

Years
  • Can anyone suggest me a way to defeat Flannery -.- I don't want to keep resetting to hope for an Overheat miss on my Mawile or a Critical Hit of my Rock Tomb on her Torkoal (which I think wouldn't kill anyway)

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I think I will do this with a Charizard!

Leaf Green-Heart Gold-Emerald-Diamond.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Can anyone suggest me a way to defeat Flannery -.- I don't want to keep resetting to hope for an Overheat miss on my Mawile or a Critical Hit of my Rock Tomb on her Torkoal (which I think wouldn't kill anyway)
    I don't know that myrrhman would allow it, but, you could catch an HM slave, when you're up against Torkoal, you could switch to the HM slave, let it die from the Overheat, as Torkoal's sp.atk drops harshly after that, you could switch Mawile back in to kill it.

Or, good ol' grinding is the best choice.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I don't know that myrrhman would allow it, but, you could catch an HM slave, when you're up against Torkoal, you could switch to the HM slave, let it die from the Overheat, as Torkoal's sp.atk drops harshly after that, you could switch Mawile back in to kill it.

Or, good ol' grinding is the best choice.
    No, you can indeed switch between your Pokemon. Its the same thing as using them for reviving. So yeah, that's going to be your best bet.

Years
  • @ emoxy: Fire Wolf suggestion is the best you can do, using it with your max of 3 HM slaves you can do it 3 times ;).

Anyway here is my second update on my FireRed quest:

After that rock tunnel I worked my way to Celadon city and there I went straight to the game corner. Giovanni was easy with my move brick breack. All OHKO, except for kanga (ran out of pp) so used 2x crush claw.
    Next I took a long walk to get rid of some snorin' snorlax (after obtaining the poké flute). Finally arriving I took on the next gym. Leader Koga was a nice battle, I was already paralyzed from his gym-trainers and then with some accuracy drop it came to a close fight.. But I won that fight, a well placed rock-slice and his weezing was done for..
    Since then I was dodging most trainers because I felt the gyms were going too easy and I wanted to keep the challenge and not go in overpowered.
    The 7th gym hurt a little, even against a normal-type those fire-blasts did good damage. I lost once due to a miss on my side and a crit on blaine's but hey, that's pokémon :). Finally I defeated this gym using only rock slide!!
    Oh yeah, after blaine I realized I forgot to do the saffron gym and with it beating team rocket and my rival once more. And now it is clear why those fire blasts hurted so much :p, and clearing team rocket and rival was too easy after that 7th gym. So now I've done that gym and I'm standing before the
    Vermilion gym. But that's for next update ;)..

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • Pokémon Diamond first update:

I started the game. I don't have a NDS emulator so I play it in real. So no videos this time.:(
    I got to Jubilife City and got my Pokétch.
    I got to Oreburgh City (or Town)

Mountain is now Lv. 12

Years
  • Guys thank you all for the suggestions, I really appreciate it. I don't really want to grind my level 46 Mawile against those 10+ Level pokes :( I'll try it the HM-Slave style. Thanks!!! :)

Years
  • Ok, I've beaten the FireRed version!!
    Now I will tell you how:
    Final Rival battle (he isn't champ yet) + Victory Road was easy..
    But then the league, the ultimate challenge for a trainer.
    Lorelei is describable in one word: brick break
    Same for Bruno although he is fighting my HellSlash never took a hit because I'm faster and I OHKO all the pokémons after a one SD.
    Agatha was a bit trickier because I can only hit her ghosts with Rock Slide.
    Lance was harder, to be honest here I failed a few times because I missed Rock Slides and a hyper beam from that Dragonite does damage! However I did this guy with a combo of Rock Slide and Crush Claw, they were all OHKO'd after a SD I just needed them to hit ;).
    And finally my rival, KAZ, it was hard to be honest. That Pidgeot with his Sand Attack took a chunk out of my accuracy and everybody knows it's mostly the pp what's going to kill you when soloing the league. I even had to use a few max potions because I missed and got hit back hard. And then it happens.. Battling his Gyarados I miss another attack and now I had only 2 pp left to KO 2 pokémons (his last was his Charizard). I went for it and HellSlash landed those 2 attacks perfectly KO'ing his last 2 pokémons. It was an epic adventure that actually has only just begun!!

HellSlash/Zangoose:
    LVL 84
    HP /ATK /DEF /SPA /SPD /SPEED
    245 /209 /131 /129 /133 /207
    PS: I actually recorded that epic battle between me and lance/my rival
    but I need to upload (doing soon and then editing this post).

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • I'll Do this with a Seviper. Because it's one of my favourites ;)

The order will be:

Fire Red > Emerald > Platinum > Heart Gold (Like Emoxy I'd rather do Heart Gold last as I'm scared of Red :P )

Will probably start in the morning :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back