• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
Years
  • I''m finally done, next i'll be playing Heart Gold (I really don't want to play Crystal again)

Name: Kendrix

Log:

If you are reading this, then you are the resistance. I came across something terrible and I think I can only manage to stall it.

Let me start from where I left off, after beating Koga I went to the Safari zone and after a bit a searching found the Warden's Teeth, which was actually right beside a sign that said it was missing. I got the HM for Surf in a building close to there, which meant that I had no reason to go to the Safari Zone again.

After that I took a detour to the Power plant and battled the Zapdos, who was causing major problems there. After a while it fled, but not before talking lots of damage from Almia's Psychic. Once that was over, I headed back to Fuchsia City where I would Surf on my Lapras to Cinnabar Island.

While that was my intention, some how I found myself on Seaform Island, with no way to get to my next gym badge without going through the cavern. When I reach the last floor of the very cold cave, I find an Articuno just waiting and as soon as it sees me, it attacks.

Can't say that the battle lasted too long, Almia managed to paralyze it with thunder wave and send it packing with her Shock Wave. After the legendary bird fled, I managed to find my way out and soon after reached Cinnabar Island.

Seeing that this might take a while I will summarize what I did in bullet points:

- Got key from Cinnabar Mansion
    - Gave my Dome Fossil to some scientist
    - Defeated Blaine in a rather easy battle (Almia's Psychic ripped through his fire pokemon)

- Did the whole Sevii Island Side Quest (at Bill's suggestion).
    - Battled Moltres, causing it to flee when it took too much damage.

- Surfed to Pallet Town and got to Viridian City
    -Beat Giovanni to get my last badge (battle wasn't hard, but when your pokemon is a strong as Almia, that is expected)
    - Taught Almia Mimic (since Thunder wave wasn't all that useful)

- Beat Arkrus on my way to the Pokemon League
    - Got through Victory Road, with relative ease (even though I ran out of PP for my moves at several points).
    - Gave all of my Rare Candies to Almia (causing her to reach lvl 97)

I then took the Elite four Challenge which consists of me talking on strong pokemon trainers on after another. After selling all my non essential items, and buying about 12 Full Restores, I enter the gates knowing that there was no going back.

Lorelei – Almia's Shock wave was strong enough to Ko most of her pokemon. Astonish was used to finish Slowbro and Ohko her Jynx. Overall I would say that this was a relatively easy battle.

Bruno – All of his fighting pokemon fell to Psychic in one hit. His two Onix survived longer, but thanks to her type, they didn't hurt her at all. They both got Koed by the same move, Psychic.

Agatha – I Koed her first Gengar with Psychic, but decided to switch things up and use Almia's Astonish, to clean up the rest of her pokemon. Her Golbat would have cause problems but a Shock Wave mad sure it didn't. I did also run into problems with her Arbok, but I just sent it on its way with Almia's Psychic.

Lance – This was my hardest fight in the whole run. His first two pokemon went down easily enough with Shockwave, but then he sent out his Dragonite and I found out how hard this was going to be. I tried using a Shockwave, but it really didn't do much to it and thanks to my previous battles the PP for Psychic ran out. I thought I this would be a long drawn out battle, but then he used the move that would ensure his defeat, Outrage.

Once he did that, I quickly had Almia Mimic it (bet you didn't see that coming, I didn't when I taught her that). You can easily see where this is gong as an Outrage from a level 98 Almia, is going to Ko anything that has the dragon type. His Dragonite fell and his two Dragonair after. I then used a Max Elixir after this battle.

Arkrus – Almia's moveset allowed her to hit anything he could throw at me with a Super Effective attack. His Pidgeot and Gyarados fell to Shockwave, and his Alakazam to Astonish. His Charazard eventually fell to Shockwave also, but not before landing a Fire Blast, which I mimicked for later use. He then sent out Exeggutor, which easily fell to Almia's new Fire Blast. His last pokemon, Rhydon to a Fire Blast to the face, and a Psychic attack

And there you have it, how I became champion of Kanto with just one pokemon. My victory is short lived as I am informed about a powerful force emanating from the Cerulean Cave. I am charged with the task of investigating it, and if it's a threat, contain it.

As I said above, I'm not sure if I can actually do this task, but if I fail, the rest is up to you.

Pokemon:

Almia (Misdreavus) F lvl 99

=>Psychic
    =>Shock Wave
    =>Mimic
    => Astonish

Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Last edited:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Small Update:
    Spoiler:

Just a short update to get me started. Bigger one tomorrow ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    charmander.

r > s > e > p

notiice how that speels ruby sapphire emerald. ha. but it goes red silver emerald, then platinum.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Sorry, I left town for a week and when I came back my save file was deleted :(

So I guess I'll restart this with Kabuto

FR -> C ->E -> P

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow Legendary Squirtle, didn't expect Mimic to be that useful. :D

Going to attempt Flannery RIGHT NOW!

EDIT: Thank you Fire Wolf, myrrhman and ExavierFR for the wonderful suggestion, I defeated Flannery! With 2 HM Slaves dying :( I feel sorry for them.

Update!!

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Gnawie! Level 61 Mawile
    Lonely/Hyper Cutter
    HP 146/Atk 137/Def 120/SpA 104/SpD 92/Spe 101
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Crunch
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Rock Tomb
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Vicegrip
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Ice Beam (HELL YEAH!)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nice mimic usage Legendary Squirtle ;), it must have been a nice battle.

But now, here is my (small) update of my second region I'm going to take on:

Next up I'll be doing Emerald as SS/HG will be the thoughest challenge..
    I also used A-starter to get my Zangoose and I named it HellSlash again.
    I gave my partner torchic so if we battle it's fighting vs normal to give me a challenge.

After I got my pokémon I went to see my dad and from there I went straight to the first gym.
    Damn it's hard gym, thougher than Brock's. Here a SD isn't going to cut it, even though HellSlash has better stats/IVs/Nature than in the FireRed version.
    Aaargh, it's a bit frustrating :p. Doing this for the 4th time and when I was sooo close she got a critical hit with here Nosepass..
    Wooohoo, 5th time worked like a charm!Now moving on to the next challenge on my adventure.
    I saved the devon goods and now I need to take the boat, but that's for next update ;)..

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Another small update:
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Not particularly

Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Yipee :(

Ultimate Solo Challenge
    It bit my hand a minute ago

Ultimate Solo Challenge
    It's a snake, I think that's a sign it wants to eat me

Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Or you can Download them from iTunes :)

Ultimate Solo Challenge
    My lowest point in any Pokemon game :(

More updates later on Today ;)

Edit: For the sake of time Im going to stop captioning every single image :P

Another Edit:
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Brock was pathetically easy :)

Edit:
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

So far so good :)

Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Im so smooth :P
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Last edited:
    Years
  • @Sleet: cool that you picked a Seviper, now I can follow up how the arch rival of my HellSlash is doing :p.

Update of my quest in Pokémon Emerald:

Ugh, next gym is a fighting gym. As you can see in the pictures they killed me many times over and over..
    On top of that, machop even got some critical hits, which meant OHKO for me. The picture of Machop KO'ing me was a crit. Anyway, after getting some crits of myself I managed to get my badge.
    Arriving in Slateport I dealt with some Team Aqua guys, one word: easy. And next event is another Rival battle, it was a good match; I wasn't overpowered ;)
    But then arriving in the next town and trying to clear the electric gym. I feel that I skipped to much trainers on my way to here and it's biting back now.
    HellSlash is around the same lvl as the gym leader's highest/strongest pokemon. It's not going easy and I got KO'd many times.
    Okay, this time I got many luck, I critical hitted all his pokémons. Not that I need all those crits, but I'm happy I got my badge now. It's not going smooth anymore so I guess I'll take on some more trainers ;). I also got some HM's now and I'm ready to go north!

PS: if someone is wondering why I upload my pictures as an attachment, it's because I can't share links yet (need 15+ posts)

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I like your updates :) But mine are only a little bit of text :( but it isn't my fault. i play in real...

I Found Roark in the coal mine. He has some dynamite (or a hard fist) to crush Rock Smash stones. I also want it but he won't give me it :( (or maybe i just have to train my fist)

Roark was (unlike his other gen mates) hard to defeat. But finally after a long battle with many Screeches (and Potions) Mountain finally got him.

Team Galactic was easily OHKO'ed with Rock Slide.

I am in Eterna city (or town) Now.

Mountain is now Lv. 21

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Oops. Just noticed I said I was doing Emerald when I meant Ruby.

Just for clarification instead of Emerald im doing Ruby, Sorry about that

Years
  • Okay, I'm done with Emerald. Speedran through the rest of the game from where I left off. Sorry, no screenshots this time as I was kinda bored.

Tate & Liza: Had to use Hyper Potions for this. Sent out my HM Slaves (Oddish, Tropius, Lotad) to anyhow tank, while Mawile devastated them with Crunch. The Earthquakes were not appreciated :(
    Oddish evolved into Gloom after the battle. o.o

Got myself a Tentacool, and HM Slaves became Tropius + Tentacool, ditching Gloom/Lotad.

Aqua Admin: Need I say more?

Called Rayquaza, challenged Juan.

Juan: Vicegrip. Period. Kingdra required a Hyper Potion.

Blah blah blah

Wally: Vicegrip. -.- Am I getting repetitive?

Elite Four - Taught Mawile Return. 102 power ftw.
    Sidney
    Return, Return, Ice Beam, Ice Beam, Return.
    (Ice Beam -> Grass/Dark)

Phoebe
    Crunch x2 (repeat x3), Crunch (repeat x2)
    Obviously, OHKOes on Banette, 2HKOs on Dusclops/Sableye.

Whoever uses Ice
    Return actually does more power than Rock Tomb, but I used some of them anyway.
    Hyper Potion x1 vs Walrein, others 2HKO by Return.

Drake
    Ice Beam (repeat x5)

Wallace
    Return x2 (repeat x5)
    Kinda surprised that Milotic also died to 2 Returns.
    Whiscash + Gyarados Earthquake killed me, sent Tropius out to Revive, and Gyarados retardedly used Hyper Beam.

HALL OF FAME!

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Gnawie! Level 79 Mawile
    Lonely/Hyper Cutter
    HP 186/Atk 176/Def 155/SpA 133/SpD 117/Spe 130
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Crunch
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Rock Tomb
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Return
    Ultimate Solo Challenge Ice Beam

Thoughts:
    Hyper Cutter is actually the better option for Mawile, as you will be OHKOing everything anyway, Intimidate is rather useless, and you won't get Intimidated by other people.
    Skipped a lot of trainers this time, that's why the lower level. Still surprised at Level 79 though, considering that I was only Level 61 at my previous update (which should be about ~70% completion)
    This runthrough was slightly harder than the Fire Red runthrough because of those goddamn Earthquake users everywhere. Charizard didn't give me a problem because of Rock Slide in Fire Red (it's unobtainable in Emerald)

I should be doing Platinum next, but I intend to take a break and play my Transformers game :D

Years
  • @Emoxy: jup I noticed too that Emerald is harder than FireRed. For me it was the steel types that got me sometimes :).
    @Daniehej: ++ for playing on the real thing. I got bored from doing it (no speed up) but respect for those who do.

Update of my Emerald quest:
    I did team Magma on my way to the next gym, as always those are easy. They're put in the game to give you some exp ;).. And I need to remind myself to get a good ground move asap. Because with only normal moves those Aron's become a real annoyance.
    Nevertheless I did Flannery without a ground move. But it wasn't a problem, they were all OHKO except for that Torckoal. He landed an overheat and I confirm that it does hurt, especially for steel so gratz @Emoxy and his Mawille to pass this one.
    After that match I ran off to the next gym, my dad's gym. That's a strong one to face if you go with the same lvl pokemons. And as expected I failed first. That Slaking with is damn counter attack, he was barely holding on himself. Even one SD wasn't enough to OHKO Slaking, thus got countered again, next time I used 2 SD and it worked.
    After that match I searched myself new HM slaves, now I've got a Linoone and a Tropius. I also challenged Winona and I was easy, but maybe it was because I learned HellSlash to use Thunderbolt? I did that for all those Skarmory which I can barely do damage.. But like I said, a smooth match and I got my feather badge!!

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Ohhhh Shi- Just created a save state instead of loading one :-(

Will have to start again going to speed run back to lavender :P

Edit: Oh yeah. Only taking screenshot's for Important event's now, cant be bothered cropping loads of them :P

Well Im roughly back where I was before I had to restart.

Only this time I saved just outside off the Rock Tunnel instead of going through it because I cant be bothered stumbling through the dark, bumping into walls and encountering Zubat's every 2 seconds <_<

Anyway here's a random Pic of me outside Rock Tunnel just because it didnt feel right not including a Pic :P

Ultimate Solo Challenge

More updates tomorrow ;)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    Ok, so here it is the entire Update containing Emerald!

Spoiler:

I'll warn you there are alot of videos there. There were only 3 main problems in this run. Winona was tough due to her first pokemon having perish song and her general flying disposition. Tate and Liza loved the psychic moves so I had to be careful but luckily my HM slaves took the hits while I seeded Xatu and grew enough to OHKO her other rock type pokemon. Then It was just a case of waiting it out.

One more problem was Flannery as her overheat could really hurt my Venusaur and if sunny day was up well forget it. It needed some careful strategy but I managed.

Ok now that's done I'll start on Diamond. Problem is I can't speed up the emulator so videos will be a long time coming especially as I got a job. But videos there will be!

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Ok now that's done I'll start on Diamond. Problem is I can't speed up the emulator so videos will be a long time coming especially as I got a job. But videos there will be!

If your using no$gba you can download no$zoomer.

It's basically an attachment for no$gba and im pretty sure there is a speed up button on it (Like vba has)

Of course I could be talking nonsense, Im no computer whiz ( As you can see by my last post :P )

It's worth a try though ;)

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • A quick update, I made some more progress although it took longer than it should have since I tend to multitask.

I'm not going to do what I did last time because that kind of annoyed me. Instead, I'll just do a summary of what I did.

From where I last left off, I began to grind so that SUPERMANLY didn't need to rely on BOB during battles. Then I made my way through Mt. Moon, leveling up even more. Afterwards, I had the Move Tutor teach SUPERMANLY Mega Punch, which is a much stronger attack than Pound.

Then I started on Misty's gym. The two trainers were no problem, but Misty gave me a bit of trouble. Especially her Starmie. After attempting a few times, I decided that I would try and fight my rival, Verde, first.

Verde was much easier, although his Bulbasaur annoyed me with Sleep Powder, so that took a couple of attempts. Afterwards, he gave me the Fame Checker, which I think is pretty much useless. Thanks a lot, bud.

Then I tried to fight Misty again, and it still took me a couple tries, but I beat her and got the Cascade Badge. I also taught SUPERMANLY Water Pulse, because I felt like it.

After that, I fought all of the trainers and helped Bill to get the S.S. Anne ticket. Then I fought some more and got to Vermillion City. I went on the ship, fought all of those trainers, evolved SUPERMANLY with my Moon Stone, fought Verde again, but by this point SUPERMANLY was a high enough level that it was a piece of cake. I got Cut from the captain, and I got off the boat.

After catching a Digglet (also named BOB) and teaching him Cut, I took on the third Gym with ease. I got the Thunder Badge, then began on Route 11, which is where I stopped.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

SUPERMANLY / Wigglytuff (M)
    Lv. 36
    Bold / Cute Charm
    1. Rest
    2. Water Pulse
    3. Mega Punch
    4. Rollout

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    have been getting on really well with this so far. Expect a somewhat large update tomorow!

Years
  • Koldsned said:
    Ok now that's done I'll start on Diamond. Problem is I can't speed up the emulator so videos will be a long time coming especially as I got a job. But videos there will be!

Settings -> Emulation Speed -> Unlimited MHz Disaster (10%).
    This speeds up the game to the maximum your PC supports. :D

Years
  • Sleet is right, no$zoomer just upgrades no$gba's nintendo ds emulation abilities ;). It's needed for HG/SS. But before you can use it you'll need 3 other files too but I'm sure there's a thread around here explaining all that.

Here is another update of my Emerald adventure:
    Hehe, after that last gym I was moving to the next town/mt.Pyre and I realized that I only had 1 attack for ghosts.. But thunderbolt uses SPA so I decided to go for a Shadow Ball and also Brick Break for the steel/rock types. Since I can't get to Brick Break yet I'll use Thunderbolt for a while.
    And now I've done mt.Pyre, the Magma's hideout is next.. It was easy, I just got some exp.
    Back at Lilycove city I also defeated my rival once more, all OHKO after a SD. Just that tropius did once a whirlwind so I needed to switch back in set me up again.
    I've also gone to Mossdeep and got the HM Dive. From there went straight to waken up Kyogre and Rayquaza. There's not much to tell, it's just defeating Team Aqua's and travelling.
    But after that it's the final gym. I didn't had any problems with it at all, it was a quick match.
    Now for next update the elite four!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back