• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uncomfortable

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Is there anyone who you converse with that you feel uncomfortable talking to? Like you can't be yourself? Also, if you don't want to mention names, you can say types of people. Like, if you felt uncomfortable talking to Chibi, then just say OC mods or something. This can be IRL too.

Um, for me I guess people that seem popular.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Yeah...
    Totally.

Let me think of the types of people I don't feel right talking to.

1: Anyone with a superior attitude: That just gets my chaotic nature boiling.

2. Self-Righteous people: I constantly feel as if these kinds of people are hopeless and I'm better off not saying anything.

3. Homosexual Guys: No offense... As a girl I just feel sort of unwanted around homosexual guys. This does not occur with bi guys.

4. Overly sexual people: Yeah, I get nervous and freak out around anyone who acts like this. I'm a genophobic, I swear.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • When my RL friends (keeping in mind I go to school in the Bible Belt) start talking religion, it unsettles me a bit because they're hardcore. And on this one forum I quit awhile back I had to pretend to like certain people on there that I honestly wanted nothing to do with.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • adults a lot of the time.
    i feel like i have to impress them or something, idk D: it's awkward!

and people who are sad/pissed off
    i'm not good at cheering people up most of the time, and i just generally avoid mad people

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • Adults.
    I feel like I have to act proper around them, which seems to be the case most times :-/ I need to show that I do have manners.

Sexual Things.
    I just give people the ._. face when we talk about stuff relating to that... Its really awkward sometimes...

Mods on Here.

^^

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • I feel like this around everyone to some degree. The only person I'm 100% comfortable around is my sister. But yeah, probably the most uncomfortable group for me is girls my age, especially those that are attractive/popular.

Around older people/authority figures I put on a really polite/innocent/sweet facade.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Everybody.

I can't really be myself with anybody, because "myself" is annoying. I won't have a single person I can even pretend is a friend if I be myself. And there are also aspects of myself that many people just can't accept, so I can be myself there either. D:

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    • Parents of friends - I'm always afraid they don't like me >.>;
    • Friends of friends - I just get this competitive feeling. Either that or I'm afraid they think I'm trying to be competitive :P Depends on if I've known the friend longer.
    • Flirty people - I'm not a flirty person, so...I feel awkward.
    • Sporty and hot guys >.>;;; - I-I don't feel like they want to talk to me! They're too cool...
    • "Gossip Girl" girls - cause I instantly label them as the highschool "2kewl4u" type girls. And skanks.

Fyi I'm the only OC mod so that would still mean me...

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I feel pretty uncomfortable around people I just met (specially girls). Maybe it's because I'm just starting to know them or maybe I'm too worry about making a great impression, I honestly don't know. Sometimes it's awkward when you are having a great conversation and then suddenly silence kicks in, I hate that feeling, specially when you are having a date.

I also feel pretty uncomfortable being the third wheel when I'm hanging out with friends.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I feel really uncomfortable when talking to a strict, gossipy, or shady person. When talking to one of those two category, I would have to watch what I'm saying at all times. One might not know if they might use your words against you or not. That, or they could just spread an edited version around school. If I somehow got caught in a conversation with a douchebag, it would feel awkward because I don't associate myself with that kind of people.

Besides that, I can talk to everyone else.

Years
  • In general, people I don't know well (or at all), and/or people in a higher position of any sort. Typically there's a lot of overlap if it's a person of higher standing, because 9 times out of 10 I don't know them very well if at all. It's kind of intimidating, knowing that they have more power over me than I can dream of, and I don't want to offend them at all. .___.;

The awkwardness is x10 if I have to speak to them about any sort of serious issue instead of small talk.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I'm comfortable around everyone I talk to n_n. Maybe it because I have high confidence in my self. However, there are some topics that I will get uncomfortable around <_<.

Ayselipera

Well the one generalized statement I can think of is intimidating people. Which is a poor example since if you're afraid to be yourself around someone then they must be intimidating in some way. I just can't think of an actual group of people I can't be myself around so I'm going to stick with the term intimidating.

Sometimes I shy away when it comes to people who are hard to read. This happens a lot online which I think is a bit silly since most of the time I live hundreds of miles away from the people I "see" on here. Still I can't help, but get shy or intimidated because of the fact that I can't see them and I have to base what they're like off of their posts alone. Which I'll admit there have been many times where I have gotten the completely wrong impression of someone on here just from reading their posts and maybe lurking over their profile. :3

In real life I'm way more likely to approach and be myself around others, especially when I have the company of a good friend with me at the same time. Overall I think it's really weird that I'm semi shy in real life and extremely shy online. I guess there have been weirder things though.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Children and Old People.

Children are unsettling because they don't seem to be in control over their own voices.

Old people are unsettling because they can't hear you so they'll carry on talking regardless of what you say. In the off chance that they do hear you they won't understand and they'll just hear what they want to hear.

Children and Old people should just talk to each other and leave every one in between alone!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Hmm, some specifics:

Katie! I just can't talk to her normally. I must be extra sweet. =)
    Borey, too. We're in a bromance, so to speak

Otherwise... eh, must agree with Nica. People who look popular.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I feel uncomfortable talking to people that are mad. Cause then I get mad, and they're already mad, and I don't want any madness.

I also feel uncomfortable talking to people that you can just smell uprising tension on. No thank you. I don't need any bs right now.

Back