• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[UNCONFIRMED] Wii battling game similar to XD : Gale of Darkness ?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    This news makes me SO HAPPY. :) SHADOW SEED BBY, I WILL SAVE YOU. But seriously, it better feature Shadow Pokemon, or at least be an RPG. This will be aweeesome. If I am disappoint, then I will be angry at Nintendo.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    It would be Epic, if they had a co-op line play ^_^

Years
    Not much news but its still some in-site on the BW thing. The game is said to feature the new 156 Pokemon from BW, and has connectivity with the 2 new games.

Source; https://www.cubed3.com/news/15056

So, I think this is more than a rumor now...
    Am I missing something, or is that source just stating what Bulbanews said? That doesn't really support this rumor at all.

I'm waiting for this to actually be confirmed; otherwise it's not worth my time. Right now all I expect out of them is something new. A new Shadow Pokemon game would be great and all, but let's see what else the devs can think up.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years

Am I missing something, or is that source just stating what Bulbanews said? That doesn't really support this rumor at all.

I'm waiting for this to actually be confirmed; otherwise it's not worth my time. Right now all I expect out of them is something new. A new Shadow Pokemon game would be great and all, but let's see what else the devs can think up.

The news I gave revealed that all the new 5th Generation Pokemon will appear, I forgot Bulbapedia mentioned the Compatible part >>

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Well, this has made me very happy, especially if Mirror B appears again (he'd better!). If this turns out to be false, there shall be a grumpy star in the sky. I can't wait for it if it is true though. It would be a great game, and would get me back on the Wii, after its period of neglect xD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yay for more speculation! There's been more info about that Pokemon Typing game at an official investor meeting in Japan and apparently there has been confirmation that there are other Pokemon 3ds and Wii games in development.

It doesn't mean that such a Wii game is this one (whatever 'this one' is =p) but it's curious that such news is close together. Make what you will of it.

lucariopulse333

Yeah you
    Years
    • Age 27
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 26, 2019
    Has anyone ever seen what the Original battle Revolution was SUPPOSE to look like?
    My friend sent me a link on facebook of a pre-release trailer of the game.
    It looks so much better!
    Wow... You actually see how much health you had left on the health bar when it drops, and a awesome hole was blasted through the background when Groudon used hyper beam on Deoxys. Oh Nintendo, why did you not bless us with those battle features in PBR? D=

pokefan41

RMXP Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Wow... You actually see how much health you had left on the health bar when it drops, and a awesome hole was blasted through the background when Groudon used hyper beam on Deoxys. Oh Nintendo, why did you not bless us with those battle features in PBR? D=
    It would be nice if they could bring those features back into this unconfirmed Pokemon Wii game. I would love to see this again.

Years
    I hope this title will have a narrator similar to the one in the Stadium games. I seriously consider the lack of narrator to be the single biggest flaw of the Colosseum game. It was spot-on in the original, and I still take out my n64 and transfer pack to play it sometimes.

"Oh, taken down in one hit!"

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I hope this title will have a narrator similar to the one in the Stadium games. I seriously consider the lack of narrator to be the single biggest flaw of the Colosseum game. It was spot-on in the original, and I still take out my n64 and transfer pack to play it sometimes.

"Oh, taken down in one hit!"

If it's a game like Gale of Darkness, then it won't have a narrator, but I admit in PBR I did love listening to the narrator do his stuff :3 It was a good feature and hopefully can return if it isn't a GoD sequel.

I hope it's real, I've never played Stadium or Gale of Darkness so it will be great!

OMG ;;; You have to play them; those games are treasures in the Pokemon Spin-Off world, you need to try them.

Years

If it's a game like Gale of Darkness, then it won't have a narrator, but I admit in PBR I did love listening to the narrator do his stuff :3 It was a good feature and hopefully can return if it isn't a GoD sequel.

When I spoke of a narrator I was referring to the non-story part of the game. A narration of the story mode would be a pain.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    When I spoke of a narrator I was referring to the non-story part of the game. A narration of the story mode would be a pain.
    Note that the 'non-story' parts of Colosseum and XD did not have narrations either, only the Stadium games and PBR did.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I suppose that's a good thing. I've never played battle revolution (well like intensely played) nor have I really tried out colosseum or xd gale of darkness. :o So if this is true then I'll finally have my first home console pokemon game.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    Ign pretty much un-confirmed this, In an interview with Junichi Masuda...

But they're talking about the main series. As in R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S/E/FR/LG/D/P/Pt/HG/SS.

Not Colosseum or XD.

There's still a chance, I guess.

Don't forget B/W!
    But yeah, this article pretty much says that we won't have any main entries on the consoles (which is a good thing). It never said anything about spin off titles such as Colosseum or XD. In fact, it doesn't even allude to them. While the chance of getting a battle simulator similar to PBR is very high, it is still very likely that we could get a game similar to Colosseum or XD. Personally, I'm hoping of a combination of the Stadium games and XD.

Back