• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uncross your legs and take your left hand off of your face.

Years
    When I'm with the laptop in the living room, I sit up somewhat properly. I've got my feet on the floor, three pillows I prop behind me, with the laptop on top of a lapdesk, and then it sitting on my lap. (The lapdesk has a flat surface that comes out to use my mouse, which is why I use it.) If the laptop is on the couch itself, I lean over to look at it, which can get uncomfortable and awkward.

At my desk? Haha, my posture is so bad. I'm always leaning forward, sometimes using a hand as a support. The position of my feet and legs change depending on how they feel. Right now I have my left leg lying on one of the bars of the desk, with my right foot tucked under my left leg. And, for some strange reason, my back is actually hitting the chair in this position. Sometimes both of my feet are on the support bar, sometimes I sit on both of them, but my feet are almost never on the floor... it just depends.

...now I've got my right leg over my left, and I am leaning back at a weird angle. I swear, how I sit just gets stranger and stranger as the years go by. @___@

Last edited:

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I'm always in bed with my laptop. Either on my side or on my stomach. It's so much more comfy this way. That and I hate my desk. It's full of junk. >.>

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Typically it's on my desk on top of a cooling fan device. I sit in an office chair which is usually pretty comfy. I don't always leave my feet on the floor however, sometimes I do sit in the chair with my legs crisscrossed, usually right sitting atop left. There are a few other positions I take but those vary and are too numerous to name.

Occasionally I move to my bed with the laptop and it's fan and lay with my head on my pillow, on my belly, which is most comfortable.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Oooh! Fun thread! :D

Well, I change positions a lot because staying in one place is not as fun as moving around. n_n When I read this thread, I was downstairs on the couch (my right side exposed to the air) with my feet on the couch and my legs together and folded against my thighs at a 50° angle with my knees tilted to the left and my laptop resting on my thighs and my head low on a pillow on the arm of the couch, looking up at the laptop with my left arm in my lap and my right hand pressing the down button to navigate the thread.
    Then I moved upstairs to my bed, and as I type this I am lying on my stomach with my legs together and my calves once again folded towards my thighs at a 45° angle. My mouth is at the front end of my laptop sort of biting the edge of the trackpad and my elbows are out with my forearms folded back in as I type.
    Lying on my stomach is comfy. I think it is my favourite position. ^_^

Aaand as I post this, my left leg is folded towards me like a half pretzel-style, only my right leg is instead dangling from the knee off the end of my bed and touching the floor slightly, and I lean forward with my chest on my left thigh and my head tilted down and forward. xD

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I was sitting with my legs crossed and with my left hand on my face. Great title! :P

I try to sit upright but I always end up slouching. I have terrible posture. :(

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    How do you normally sit while you're on your computer?
    With my legs uncrossed

Do you sit upright at a desk, slouching on a couch, laying on a bed?
    If i'm feeling very lazy, I would go on my bed and bring my laptop with me (such as now) and use it there

Do you have favorite positions or sit in weird ways?
    When I am sitting at a desk or chair, I sit up straight and my legs are not crossed; thats the best way for me

:t354:TG

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I have two main positions. I have a laptop. I have a desk with an office chair in my room, so I'm either on the desk or I'm literally seated against the side of my bed. I usually change every hour.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    When I'm on my laptop I usually have my desk near my bed and I tend to sit up near my portable desk. While on the desktop, well I like to cross my legs on a chair. Nothing special.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I usually sit on my ceiling and hold my laptop to my back while I do leg raises and pushups.

I also usually lay down on my bed.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I tend to alternate equally between my bed and my desk, so my sitting position changes accordingly. Currently, I'm sitting at my desk: thighs are pretty much parallel to the floor, but my feet are scurrying around endlessly, with no real set position. For a few seconds, they're crossed; for a few more seconds, they're in a 'standard' position like you'd see on a demonstration for how to set up an office chair without getting carpal tunnel syndrome; they just change position all the time.

When I'm on my bed, however, (ladies, don't get too excited!) normally I'm just lying straight on it, with my laptop on either my stomach or my groin. Yes, I know it screws up fertility, but I just can't stop myself, mmkay? Again, the laptop finds its way to shift around when one position gets too uncomfortable, so it never gets boring.

Lightblind

For you never shut your eye ~
    Years
    I'm always in my bed when I'm on my laptop, since it takes up like all of my room haha. I usually move around though. I can't stay in the same position for too long, or I get antsy. Sometimes I'll lay on my stomach, sometimes I'll sit up with the laptop in my lap and I'll be Indian style, list goes on. lol

I am exactly the same way. I never seem to get comfortable for more than half an hour, and constantly shift positions. I find lying down with my laptop in front of me with my arms outstretched the most comfortable, but I always end up sore and feeling sick before to long if I remain like that.

When I sit in my family's "office chair" (when I use our desktop) I find myself sitting backwards in the chair with my legs under the the armrests, and my chin resting on the top of the back.

When I'm not on the computer and am sitting (like at school or something), I sit with my knees together and my feet spread apart, while I'm hunched over with both hands supporting my head. It's a very dignified position.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
    I usually sit on my bed with my laptop, legs crossed, back hunched over, although I'm trying to stop that, since I know that it's not very good for my back. xD So lately I've been sitting on the couch in the living room, feet up on the couch, with my laptop on my lap, where it belongs. It's much more comfy, except that the laptop gets so hot on my legs sometimes. X.x

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years
    On the bed, with pillows against the wall(no headboard yet, new bed), I constantly shift to different positions to keep my arms or legs from falling asleep.

Ayselipera

I use a desktop so for one thing I'm always sitting on a computer chair. Generally I'll either cross my legs or keep both flat on the floor. Other times I may put my feet up on the desk or on the couch that is next to me. Sometimes I'll put them on the lowest shelf level of the desk so they're just slightly propped up. I also will sit on one leg or sit Indian style so both legs are on the chair. Only other computer position I might do is turn the chair around and lean forward on my knees, but I rarely do that for long.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    If I'm using my laptop, I'm typically laying in bed, with my computer on my legs, on a huge board that also has my mouse and external keyboard on it. I find that I most often have my left hand on home row and my right hand on the arrow keys so I can scroll without using the mouse. (I'm not a huge fan of the mouse.)

And, if I'm using my desktop computer, I'm usually just sitting properly, at my desk in an office chair, with my feet on the floor instead of curled up under me. But once in a while, I put my feet up on the chair and set the keyboard on my knees. It's comfortable, but horrible if you're trying to do a lot of typing.

Back