• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated or lesser known Pokemon

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Star said:
    A Pokemon you never seem to see is Smeargul. (sp)
    If you use NetBattle, you see Smeargle a lot. Its ability to learn any move in the game makes it incredibly customizeable to any strategy. As usual, I tend to make my Smeargles into poison annoyers XD

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I?m particularly fond of the endeavor+endure+spore Smeargle, pretty clever. ^_^

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
    Years
    I don't use NetBattle, so I wouldn't know. =P I like Smeargle though...he's pretty cool.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Chairman Kaga said:
    I've always wanted a Smeargle that knew Explosion, but I could never get one to survive being Explosion-ed :P
    I think that if you had another of your pokemon killed with explosion, then send out Smeargle, Sketch would copy Explosion, given that Smeargle has a higher speed than the opponent's new pokemon.

Skarmory469

I r t3h 1337skar
    Years
    I think that Murkrow, Venomoth and Aerodactyl are underrated. If you have the patience, they can be indispoable. But no-one uses them. *sniff*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Skarmory469 said:
    I think that Murkrow, Venomoth and Aerodactyl are underrated. If you have the patience, they can be indispoable. But no-one uses them. *sniff*

Ahem!? Aerodactyl? That thing dominates netbattle and is on many MANY teams due to its vast movepool and being the 4th fastest in game along with Jolteon and Crobat

Venomoth is not used due to poor stats... you need a heavy amount of luck with sleep powder for Venomoth. It's not even that fast too... However you still see it fair amount of times in Kanto episodes ^^;

Murkrow is just useless beyond belief though... certainly underused but not underrated. It appears once in the anime and that's it... however it dominated TCG though with mean look and feint attack.

Shana

bigmouth strikes again.
    Years
    An lesser known Pokemon out there is Paris. The only time you see him is in that one earlier Pokemon episode where Team Rocket evolves him into Parasect.

shinyditto

Dittologist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 16, 2004
    Ditto, because everybody knows about him, and yet, knows nothing about him. They just know that he transforms. Thie first extra thing I learned was that he can't hold his form if you tickle him.

Back