• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated Pokémon Games

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • oh this thread is back? i'm coming in hard w this one bc i know a lot of people will disagree with me and i get it i completely understand that it is NOT everyone's cup of tea and the limitations are very glaring and obvious but hear me out: let's go eevee/pikachu are really fun. you cannot go in expecting what you would get out of a normal main series game, though. you have to go in for a simple, but fun adventure - even better if you're active in the go app, which i was at the time i was actively playing LGE. i find the more laid back gameplay style to be relaxing. this isn't a game i would go all in for to have some big strategic challenge or whatever, it's just a game that boosts my mood, lets me see some of my old friends follow me around, i can put a diglett hat on my head, shiny hunting is really fun in this game (if not a little nerve wracking but that's kind of exciting), eevee on a surfboard!!!!! like the game is simple and silly and honestly it can be difficult in spots if you don't catch enough pokemon like my dumbass lol.

some people were way too hard on this game but i hella enjoyed it and i think if you go in with a different pair of glasses on, it's more enjoyable. it also came at a time in my life where i really needed something chill and relaxing and i think that's part of why i'm so fond of it and will defend it to the grave, but i just found it a very pleasant time.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I think people forgot Pokémon Shuffle existed (including the people who made it) and it makes me sad ;-;
    It was a pretty fun game for a match-3 game, but the game hasn't gotten an update in almost 3 years and all the weekly events are stuck on a permanent loop.

Impuulse

sent out Politoed!
    Years
    • They/Them
    • U.S.A
    • Seen Oct 20, 2020
    In my opinion, X And Y are super underrated in my opinion, they get way too much hate for what it actually is.😕

Years
  • I think Fire Red and Leaf Green are very underrated games, a lot of people overlook these remakes because when they think of great remakes most people think of Heart Gold and Soul Silver and forget how great the first ever remakes actually were. Even ORAS is more popular/talked about because from what I saw in the last couple of years, ORAS are considered to be the best 3DS era Pokemon games by a lot of fans. Another reason why I think that FR/LG are underrated is because a lot of people ignore these games just for being the Kanto games and people are tired of Game Freak's Kanto pandering but that shouldn't be a reason to not give these great games the credit that they deserve. We even got the Switch versions of Kanto remakes with LGP/LGE but in my opinion you will still have to play FR or LG if you want the best Kanto experience. In my opinion FR/LG are one of the top 5 best Pokemon games we got so far and I wish people talked about these games more often.

Back