• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Underrated Pokemon You Use

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
Years
  • Charizard (Has a mega now, so it is a lot more popular competitively), Nidoking, Togekiss, Feraligatr...

I know that the Eevee family has never really been competitive, but I have always liked the idea and the looks of all of them. I very much look forward to getting the other half of the Eevee types over the coming years/games.

Espeon, Jolteon and Umbreon are all used in a lot of teams... Now Sylveon too.
    Don't know where you got that from ._.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    Espeon, Jolteon and Umbreon are all used in a lot of teams... Now Sylveon too.
    Don't know where you got that from ._.

Anecdotal. In all of the RMTs I have ever looked at, and team makeups I've looked at, have never seen an eeveelution that I can remember. And I do remember various threads over the years bashing many of them.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    I like Karen's quote from Gold/Silver:

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. "

I don't really care what the metagame says about Scyther, it's my favourite Pokemon and I've had him on my team for every Gen since Gen 2!

Cebreus

Anime Figure Collector~♪
    Years
  • I've been personally using the Pokemon I sticked with since Red & Blue, but when it comes to underrated Pokemon, I guess Gourgeist would be one that I've been using often, Trick or Treat is so much fun to use!
    Also Mawile, I've grown attached to as of recently, no idea if they are underrated or not, but I think they would be decent if they are trained properly.

Last edited:

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I've been personally using the Pokemon I sticked with since Red & Blue, but when it comes to underrated Pokemon, I guess Gourgeist would be one that I've been using often, Tick or Treat is so much fun to use!
    Also Mawile, I've grown attached to as of recently, no idea if they are underrated or not, but I think they would be decent if they are trained properly.

Mawile is actually used a lot. It also has a mega evolution and a very high attack I think.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
    Years
  • Hmmmm...Underrated? Well, I'm not exactly sure if you could count Aurorus as underrated, but it sure is pretty not-good and I don't see many people using it. It's ability is great in my opinion, and it has outstanding HP, but honestly... It's strongest Sp.Atk Rock STAB is Power Gem (I think) and it has around seven weaknesses, with two double weaknesses. It's probably the weakest link to my team, but I still use it for some reason. Guess I just like it in general. :) Anyway, don't know if it is underrated, but it sure isn't the best...

Moriarty

Lord of Areagan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2017
    What do you use him for? Bug type is underused. I use vivillon to slowly bring down other's health over time, then KO them with a more powerful move. Rocky helmet really helps doing this.

Fairy types, mostly. He can take down others, but that's mostly 'cause the IA is weak. I actually don't use him much, but it just feels normal to have one on my (story) team. And come on, if Giovanni has one, everyone should have one.

EB

Re: World
    Years
  • My Farfetch'd, Kei, is probably the most underrated party member for me this gen. I plan to use him for the Friend Safari after I finish the story (STAB False Swipe), but he isn't half bad of a 'mon -- his learnset is decent at least.

He'll get relatively weaker as I progress, I imagine.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I've been personally using the Pokemon I sticked with since Red & Blue, but when it comes to underrated Pokemon, I guess Gourgeist would be one that I've been using often, Trick or Treat is so much fun to use!

I second Mawile, had one on my team for the story. Had an attack boosting nature (completely by chance) and I maxed it's attack EVs. Even without its mega evolution it can be beastly in battle. Plus it's a great counter for fairy and dragon types.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    There are a lot of Pokemon with incredible typing that rarely get used. Each play through I try and use Pokemon that I've never used before. I loved using Toxicroak, Crobat, and Flygon on my various playthroughs of W2 (and Flygon in X).

Denarvi

Alchemist
    Years
  • Minun is probably my favourite under-rated pokemon to use, though I have yet to use it in this gen.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    Doublade.
    He learns sacred sword and retaliate, both awesome moves. Retaliate is especially useful when your weakest team member dies and you just pop out Doublade and pretty much OHKO non rock ghost or steel types. Everyone's going for Aegislash and different moves, but Doublade has unforeseen potential, No guard isnt a 1/2 bad ability either, not worth losing it for stance change.

Back