• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Underrated Pokemon You Use

Years
  • I'm planning on breeding a Chatot. With its egg move of Boomburst (140 power Normal move w/o any drawbacks, with STAB that's 210) I think it might finally be somewhat competitively viable.

And even if it wasn't, I've always wanted to use one.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I use Rhyperior in battle station singles and doubles. He Usually wrecks face.

edit:
    The Rhyperior sweep is here! #shofu
    CWNG-WWWW-WWW3-XA6Z
    Y2VG-WWWW-WWW3-XAN3

Sweet! :D I have to admit I do see more people using Rhyperior now which is nice. :) Hopefully it can climb a few tiers this gen. o3o

Frogadier

Frog Friend, Frog Foe
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    honestly, i feel like froakies pretty underrated, it has super rad potential and honestly, the coolest evo out of all 3 starters. its stats are pretty decent in my book, i guess, and froakies just plain fun to use 8v

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2014
    Love my Glalie. I beat a mega blaziken with it(guess it was a noobish trainer online), but anyway, I beat it. I also really like my Lilligant. She's the best grass type i've used so far. Toxicroak is also on my list. Even it's defence is rly low, it's fast and a powerful attacker against fairy types. As my ghost I use Cofagrigus, if you know him he's a great pokemon to have on your team.

Last edited:

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 1, 2015
    When I get a Sharpedo, imma going to use that

honestly, i feel like froakies pretty underrated, it has super rad potential and honestly, the coolest evo out of all 3 starters. its stats are pretty decent in my book, i guess, and froakies just plain fun to use 8v

You, sire, are awesome. I mean, it's a ninja frog.

Last edited:

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • Love my Glalie. I beat a mega blaziken with it(guess it was a noobish trainer online), but anyway, I beat it. I also really like my Lilligant. She's the best grass type i've used so far. Toxicroak is also on my list. Even it's defence is rly low, it's fast and a powerful attacker against fairy types. As my ghost I use Cofagrigus, if you know him he's a great pokemon to have on your team.

Cofagrigus is a killer ghost. He's hard to take down too, in spite of being a monotype.

Pilkie

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • My Yanmega is the staple of my team. Its amazing Sp.Atk along with the Speed Boost ability have proven to rattle any teams that have the misfortune of encountering it after it has set up with a few speed boosts.

Years
  • I would say the most underrated superstar of my team is Clawitzer. The fact that he boosts aura/pulse moves by 50% makes him a wild card :) Unlike the builds I have seen on certain websites, I believe the most effective build his Special Attack / Speed EV with a choice scarf...now THAT suprises a lot of people

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2014
    I like using umbreon, he isn't the greatest but he's still one of my favorite pokemon ever since he came out in gen 2. I like to use Curse/Assurance/Moonlight/Toxic. He's actually saved me a few times

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Absol, love this thing. Im gonna try Helioisk he looks good. I also use a Golduck :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I'm sorry if there is a thread like this. I DID search for one like this and couldn't find it. What underrated pokemon do you use? I really like using my Vivillon. It has good defenses. It sweeps with infestation and struggle bug. I always use infestation first, then depending on the pokemon, I use psybeam or struggle bug. Sometimes I use stun spore, but I will replace it with fly once I find it. Soooo...discuss!
    Are you training you Vivillon to have good defenses? Cuz... it doesn't have them naturally -.-;

I liked my Furfrou for the whole game, until I found it was awful in Triple Battles.

The under-used Pokemon I get the most use out of currently is my shiny Luvdisc. My first shiny ever, so of course I had to use it! (+SAtk, -Def) Surf, Protect, Sweet Kiss, and the fourth move is always changing until I find one I like. Built a Triple Battle team around her that's great fun.

I like using umbreon, he isn't the greatest but he's still one of my favorite pokemon ever since he came out in gen 2. I like to use Curse/Assurance/Moonlight/Toxic. He's actually saved me a few times
    I am loving all my Umbreons too, but adding weakness to Fairy damage was a little unecessary in my opinion... especially since all the new tricks/attacks are Fairy. Being weak to Fighting was bad enough.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I always have a Snorlax in my team, my absolute favorite. I give him return, giga impact, rest, and sleep talk.

I'm also a big Muk and Relicanth fan.

Edit: Also, with it now being fairy type, I like Granbull a lot.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Weavile. I guess most people think he's good, but few realize just how OP he is at high level with Beat Up and focus band. If you EV-train him, his attack stat can be over 300, making Beat Up's power over 210. Add stab and focus band bonus to that and it is a 447.5 power when it is neutral. With PP o-power I can beat the elite four without taking any damage whatsoever.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • Weavile. I guess most people think he's good, but few realize just how OP he is at high level with Beat Up and focus band. If you EV-train him, his attack stat can be over 300, making Beat Up's power over 210. Add stab and focus band bonus to that and it is a 447.5 power when it is neutral. With PP o-power I can beat the elite four without taking any damage whatsoever.

Erm, hate to break it to you, but at a high enough level any pokemon is really tough against a level far below it. ;)

Though Weavile is a pretty good pokemon, you compare them at level 50, taking into account the move selections and abilities.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    Under rated Pokemon huh... I always use Mawile whenever the chance comes up. Mainlly Mega Mawile because of the Huge Power ability and I absolutely love that! Also, I used to use Stoutland and Liepard all the time because they are pretty good. And lastly, I used to love using Lopunny because it seemed like such a hard to get Pokemon to me.

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
  • i use dragalge and camerupt which are pretty underrated i think, but i think tyranitar pidgeot raichu and gogoat get plenty of rep.

Back