• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated Pokemon?

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
  • Beheeyem seems to be a really underrated Pokemon. It is the least popular Psychic-type in Unova, and it is overshadowed by 2 overrated Pokemon. Well, one is overrated and one is just a really good Pokemon. While Reuniclus is very strong and cool-looking, I don't see any redeeming qualities for Gothitelle. It's just a pointless Gothic Lolita Pokemon that is really weak. Everyone likes Gothitelle, while Beheeyem is far superior. What Pokemon do you find underrated?

Years
  • BWHAHAHAHAHA! Gothitelle overrated? More like Beyheeem and Renuclus are overrated. They are two perfect Psychic types with fancy stats while Gothitelle is hated by most fans for not breaking 100.

At least as a Beyheem fan you don't have to deal with people saying your Pokemon sucks. I do.

So to answer the thread, I think Gothitelle is terribly underrated for not being perfect. She DOES have redeeming qualities and can do anything if you train her right. Swoobat and Simipour are also underrated.

Years
  • lmao, Beheeyem is just really underrated for the fact that it is overshadowed by the version exclusives quite early in the game. But it definitely matches up to the other two and can be seen as a nice balance between Reuniclus and Gothitelle (having decent speed and a high special attack stat).

But do you know who is underrated? Stunfisk, lol.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    BWHAHAHAHAHA! Gothitelle overrated? More like Beyheeem and Renuclus are overrated. They are two perfect Psychic types with fancy stats while Gothitelle is hated by most fans for not breaking 100.

At least as a Beyheem fan you don't have to deal with people saying your Pokemon sucks. I do.

I wouldn't say Reuniclus is overrated, because even as a general Pokemon, not even as a Psychic one, he's won me many battles, both competitively and in-game. I don't think something can be overrated if it's "perfect", because there's no rating above perfect. Although I believe that Beheeyem is underrated definitely, considering I barely ever hear anything about it.

So to answer the thread, I think Gothitelle is terribly underrated for not being perfect. She DOES have redeeming qualities and can do anything if you train her right. Swoobat and Simipour are also underrated.

Simipour always surprises me, being faster than my Volcarona EV trained in Speed, lol.

One Pokemon that I think is underrated is Heatmor. It's not the most epic Pokemon out there, sure, but it isn't horrible either imo. Because Chandelure/Darmanitan/Volcarona are all so epic, Heatmor is just left in the dust. Not to mention you don't even run into him until Victory Road, and by the time you're there you're usually not changing your party.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
  • lmao, Beheeyem is just really underrated for the fact that it is overshadowed by the version exclusives quite early in the game. But it definitely matches up to the other two and can be seen as a nice balance between Reuniclus and Gothitelle (having decent speed and a high special attack stat).

But do you know who is underrated? Stunfisk, lol.
    Exactly, my Stunfisk is underrated, even though its HP stats are quite high if EV'd trained (& its DW ability is great for sandstorm).

Years

• I wouldn't say Reuniclus is overrated, because even as a general Pokemon, not even as a Psychic one, he's won me many battles, both competitively and in-game. I don't think something can be overrated if it's "perfect", because there's no rating above perfect. Although I believe that Beheeyem is underrated definitely, considering I barely ever hear anything about it.
    So has my Psychic type. She's won me many battles as well. And Renuclus is overrated because one everyone likes it and two and gets treated better by the people making the games. Also it's fans get much better treatment than I ever get. If that's not overrated than what is?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

So has my Psychic type. She's won me many battles as well. And Renuclus is overrated because one everyone likes it and two and gets treated better by the people making the games. Also it's fans get much better treatment than I ever get. If that's not overrated than what is?

Overrated is when the Pokemon isn't as good as people make it out to be. For example, I used to think Volcarona was overrated because I didn't see why it could be so good, yet my friends would constantly talk about what a great Pokemon it was.

Being designed worst statistically than another Pokemon doesn't mean the other one is overrated. Gamefreak can't make every single Pokemon equal to the other 648, there have to be better and worse Pokemon. Just because Gothitelle is generally not as good as Reuniclus doesn't make her bad or unusable. Gothitelle is like Heatmor, not bad but overshadowed by other Pokemon in the game.

Fans making fun of you for liking Gothitelle has nothing to do with it being over or underrated, just with people being dumb. (:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I actually think that Leavanny is underrated. Sure, it's walled by Steels, but it has strong STABs, has good Attack and decent Speed.

Back