• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unfezant is really quite unpleasant

Years
  • Age 31
  • they/them
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I use Swanna over Unfezant (who was a solid team member rhank you very much). I liked Ash's unfezant until it got the generic Pokemon bird treatment after it fully evolved lmao.

Years
I use Swanna over Unfezant (who was a solid team member rhank you very much). I liked Ash's unfezant until it got the generic Pokemon bird treatment after it fully evolved lmao.

I can stand with you here. I feel the only special thing Ash's Unfezant had going for it was being female, and I admit Swanna is a better bird Pokemon since it gets that rain abuse with Hydration, Hurricane and powerful Water-type moves.

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 7, 2017
Unfezant wasn't that bad for me in my first Pokemon Black playthrough, just stuck a scope lens on him and he went wild! Or got KO'd by axews.

Years
Unfezant wasn't that bad for me in my first Pokemon Black playthrough, just stuck a scope lens on him and he went wild! Or got KO'd by axews.

Don't get me wrong. That trick with Super Luck + Scope Lens is definitely fun to use, since it's always so fun rampaging your opponent with all those critical hits.

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 7, 2017
Don't get me wrong. That trick with Super Luck + Scope Lens is definitely fun to use, since it's always so fun rampaging your opponent with all those critical hits.

With air cutter as well it's so frequent lol, just a shame Unfezant has low special attack.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I never used one because of how there are better Flying types in Unova, though I think it and Toucannon are competing for the worst regional bird.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I had a female one in my initial Black run which was good for hitting Bugs and flying which I replaced with Mandibuzz. I had a male one called Jared in my Black Nuzlocke which fell at Big Stadium of all places.

Unfezant is fine as early game birds go but as far as Flying Types go I will always use Mandibuzz, my favourite flying type.

Years
I used an Unfezant in Black until I had enough badges to get a Rufflet from my sister in White to actually listen to me, and traded her a Vullaby later on because she wanted girl Pokemon (she was nine at the time, I believe, so it was more important to her to have an all-female team and shunned the idea of Braviary. A bunch of soft resets for that female Snivy and who knows what else she did to obtain the rest. I didn't argue because I wanted the Braviary.)

Back