• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Unova starter codes not working?!?!

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Hello everyone,

The serial codes POKEMON497, POKEMON500, and POKEMON503 are not working for me and they were supposed to be working until today for the Unova starters and now they say expired? Could someone please help me and tell me what I am doing wrong because I believed I entered in the codes correctly? I live in the USA btw. Thank you all for all of your help and assistance!!! :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Hello everyone,

The serial codes POKEMON497, POKEMON500, and POKEMON503 are not working for me and they were supposed to be working until today for the Unova starters and now they say expired? Could someone please help me and tell me what I am doing wrong because I believed I entered in the codes correctly? I live in the USA btw. Thank you all for all of your help and assistance!!! :)

Hmm, I actually just tried it myself on my Alpha Sapphire cartridge, and I got the same thing. After checking with pokemon.com, it says:

You can use the codes to get your Pokémon any time until November 30, 2015.
    My best guess is that this meant "up to, but not including November 30", so a lack of clarity on the part of GameFreak, in other words. Or perhaps the event deadline goes by Japan's timezone? I'm pretty sure I entered it correctly though, so it seems like it's indeed expired, for whatever reason :(

Smiffy01

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    its a huge shame its expired now, luckily I remembered that the codes would expire on the 30th, so I decided to restart my game on the 29th, just so I could get the unova starters one last time before they expired :)

Years
    its a huge shame its expired now, luckily I remembered that the codes would expire on the 30th, so I decided to restart my game on the 29th, just so I could get the unova starters one last time before they expired :)

The event expiring is so not much of a problem since people are likely breeding them and sending the offspring onto the GTS and Wonder Trade. Remember that global trading can give you special Pokemon in whatever way possible.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Hika makes a good point. Missing out on a legendary distribution is one thing, but these are easily breedable with the offspring carrying the hidden ability, so you can certainly expect a lot of these to be floating around in GTS. I wouldn't even be surprised if you found a few through Wondertrading. Don't sweat it, I'm sure you'll get one :)

Back