• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Untitled Unova Game - DEMO 3 Available! Rebranding Soon!

Years
    • Seen today
    I forgot about gray lol as there was rumours black and white 2 would b called gray when will untitled unova b completed as prefer completed roms to download

I'm hoping to get the 3rd demo done by the end of the year. The full game should be finished some time in 2020.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • I'm hoping to get the 3rd demo done by the end of the year. The full game should be finished some time in 2020.

that's good to hear. good luck with the hack. and just a suggestion you should come up with a name for the hack. it's just a suggestion you don't have to but it would be cool if it had a name. have a great day.

inared

Just a PokéCommunity User.
    Years
  • The best GBC Game i've ever played it, but..
    I have a idea for the game.. I would want you change Ethan & Kris (Pokémon Crystal, Gold & Silver Protagonists)'s Overworld Sprites & Battle Sprites to Hilbert/Hilda (Pokémon Black/White Protagonists) Or Nate/Rosa please!

Will you?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    The best GBC Game i've ever played it, but..
    I have a idea for the game.. I would want you change Gold And Crystal (Pokémon Crystal, Gold & Silver Protagonists)'s Overworld Sprites & Battle Sprites to Hilbert/Hilda (Pokémon Black/White Protagonists) Or Black 2 & White 2 Protagonists please!

Will you?

Thanks!

Yes, I will be re-designing the player character sprites at some point, I just haven't finalized the designs yet, and have mostly been focusing on the new maps in the last few demos. But I will definitely have new player characters by the time the game is finished.

Probably won't be Hilbert/Hilda or Nate/Rosa though, since this game is supposed to take place after B2/W2, so it wouldn't make sense plot-wise for them to start a new journey all over again.

inared

Years
  • Thanks!

Yes, I will be re-designing the player character sprites at some point, I just haven't finalized the designs yet, and have mostly been focusing on the new maps in the last few demos. But I will definitely have new player characters by the time the game is finished.

Probably won't be Hilbert/Hilda or Nate/Rosa though, since this game is supposed to take place after B2/W2, so it wouldn't make sense plot-wise for them to start a new journey all over again.

Oh Great! But i found some Pokémon B2/W2 Sprites with the GSC (Generation 2/II) Style and i think it may work in the Game.!

msx7ga.png

Unfortunately, i found this in Deviantart and i Don't know who made this.. (Sorry for my bad English c:)
    Ah yes, And when you release new Betas, or the game finished, make sure you need to edit the post here and add the new Link!

Last edited:

inared

Years
  • that's good to hear. good luck with the hack. and just a suggestion you should come up with a name for the hack. it's just a suggestion you don't have to but it would be cool if it had a name. have a great day.

That's a Good idea, boi! I want really play the Beta 3, or 4, or the Final In the next year! (The beta will be released in 2020, Where Flash will disappear from Google Chrome Browser?!

Years
    • Seen today
    Oh Great! But i found some Pokémon B2/W2 Sprites with the GSC (Generation 2/II) Style and i think it may work in the Game.!

msx7ga.png

Unfortunately, i found this in Deviantart and i Don't know who made this.. (Sorry for my bad English c:)
    Ah yes, And when you release new Betas, or the game finished, make sure you need to edit the post here and add the new Link!

Those sprites are by someone called Solo993, I have actually used some of these in the game (their name is in the credits section as well). They are very good quality sprites!

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2022
    wow this hamck looks really good. I like your choice of starting town <:^)

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
    Years
  • I'm gonna start playing it, and also, let me give a name suggestion: 'Pokémon Unova Gray' With gray being a reference to the mix of Black and White, and Unova to keep a piece of 'Untitled Unova Game'.

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
    Years
  • Ok, I have played to the first gym, and thats what I got:
    The early game lacks of difficulty, I've went to the first gym without leveling up, maybe some better placed trainers would correct this(At least two that directly block the way, so the player must fight them).
    Also, the first city (forgot the name, srry), needs to be remodeled. It needs some fences to the left, having just the trees doesn't really looks great, so you should add something there.
    For the other things, it looks ok, also Snivy it's very cute in GSC style ^^
    Good luck with the hack!

PD: If someone needs to know, it's for 1.1 crystal, 1.0 will give some errors and get stuck at a glitchy boot logo.

Years
    • Seen today
    Ok, I have played to the first gym, and thats what I got:
    The early game lacks of difficulty, I've went to the first gym without leveling up, maybe some better placed trainers would correct this(At least two that directly block the way, so the player must fight them).
    Also, the first city (forgot the name, srry), needs to be remodeled. It needs some fences to the left, having just the trees doesn't really looks great, so you should add something there.
    For the other things, it looks ok, also Snivy it's very cute in GSC style ^^
    Good luck with the hack!

PD: If someone needs to know, it's for 1.1 crystal, 1.0 will give some errors and get stuck at a glitchy boot logo.

Thanks for the feedback! Just curious, did you find the first gym leader to be difficult? I had intended for the trainers in Route 14 (which is an optional area) to help give experience to make the gym easier, but the player can just go straight to the gym instead if they want. Though I was wary of making him too difficult.

Also thanks for the feedback on the map, this is one of the first maps I laid out, so it could probably use some touching up!

jensmoking

Little boygirl.
    Years
  • Wasn't really difficult, but also not so easy. It's like it should be.
    Also, there's a bug with the first trainer. You should make the bridge only one tile wide; If the player stepts on the left one, the trainer will swim over the bridge, and it looks weird.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Wasn't really difficult, but also not so easy. It's like it should be.
    Also, there's a bug with the first trainer. You should make the bridge only one tile wide; If the player stepts on the left one, the trainer will swim over the bridge, and it looks weird.

Ok thanks, that's good to know! I see what you mean about that swimmer, I'll go ahead and fix that as well. Thanks for the feedback!

Years
    • Seen today
    Demo 3 is very close to completion. Currently in the process of adding all the town NPCs and trainer dialogue. After that, I'll be doing a full playtest to ensure I didn't forget something, then the demo will be publicly released. It'll include up to and past 6 gyms worth of content. So it looks like I'm on track to have the demo out by the end of the year!

Years
  • I just started demo 3 and I already have a badge even though I haven't even fought a single gym leader, and based on the trainer profile it is the second badge. Just a oddity that I came upon.

Back