• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Upcoming Events Information & Events Discussion Thread

Which game do you plan to get Jirachi on?

• Diamond

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Platinum

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • I don't plan on getting it

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • What I found out about the Wi-Fi Events is that it is not country based it is game code based so if you have the japanese version you cannot do the american events and when the game gets released in the uk you will not be able to recieve the japanese or american events because of the region code of the game and not the counrty you live in, so at the end of the day if you live in the uk and have a copy of the us version of platinum you can boast to you friend that you have rotoms alternate forms, shaymin and darkrai.

PS. only two days to go to get the secret key.

Years
  • I was wondering that as the Secret Key is released tomorrow and I am one of the lucky residents of the UK that has a copy of the US version of Pokemon Platinum so is the event going to be launched over WiFi smack on midnight or a certain time tomorrow.

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
  • I'm getting the Secret Key off of Wi-Fi!
    I have no time at all to go to Target. The nearest one is miles away.

I'm going for the toaster form. I wonder why? :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Does anybody know the OT/ID#/any other info (like what exactly did the Mail say) for the recent GTS distribution by Daisuki Club Shinx, Starly, and Bidoof?

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • Got the Secret Gift as soon it was released over the WFC and wow, what a dissapointment...

I already knew that the forms wouldn't work over the WFC, because they didn't on the japanese version, but what's even more annoying is that they DO work over the local battle. I got my brothers DS and used my Heat Rotom fine against my brothers Diamond team - so why doesn't this same system work for the WFC area?

Another annoying/worst thing about it is the lack of being able to use them in the Battle Frontier. Yes, these new forms automatically revert back to their normal forms even when your trying to do the Battle Tower 100. I still don't know why on earth they have done this - what difference does it make!?

So, in conclusion, you can only use these new forms either over local battle or in-game. I'm soo glad I didn't go all the way to TRU in order to get this really lame event!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Got the Secret Gift as soon it was released over the WFC and wow, what a dissapointment...

I already knew that the forms wouldn't work over the WFC, because they didn't on the japanese version, but what's even more annoying is that they DO work over the local battle. I got my brothers DS and used my Heat Rotom fine against my brothers Diamond team - so why doesn't this same system work for the WFC area?

Another annoying/worst thing about it is the lack of being able to use them in the Battle Frontier. Yes, these new forms automatically revert back to their normal forms even when your trying to do the Battle Tower 100. I still don't know why on earth they have done this - what difference does it make!?

So, in conclusion, you can only use these new forms either over local battle or in-game. I'm soo glad I didn't go all the way to TRU in order to get this really lame event!

Wifi battles also include D/P. Since there were no alternate forms for Rotomu in D/P, it is not possible to use them in battle over the same connection.

Years

this.

fillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllller

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • The Finnish Nintendo site has announced some dates when they are going to give out Shaymin next month. It was a real surprise for me, I didn't expect that I would actually get my own event Shaymin! <3 For the Finns, here are some details about it~
    https://www.nintendo.fi/?file=1243

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • I'm going up to Toys R Us tomorrow to get the secret key downloaded into my game.
    If you have Wi-Fi, you can do it anywhere. I went to the Times Square TRU, but didn't get the Secret key there because I didn't have Platinum yet and it takes a bit to get to the point where you can enter the Jubilife TV building. The first thing when I got home was to download the Secret Key. The hotel's Wi-Fi was down so I couldn't do it there...

Back