• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] ***UPDATE***: Pokémon Red Lion (21th August 2020); Beta Version 0.1.5

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
Intro

uj7nk05rrcb11.png

Hello, I am Obermarschall and since I played Pokémon Yellow (which was my first Pokémon game) I always had this idea of making my own game. Moreover as child I always tried to imagine how my world could be if there were Pokémon. This idea followed me for a long time until I found ROMhacking and much later fangames done by Pokémon Essentials.

Well...I was basically trying to make my own ROMhacks, fangames but it never lead to anything...until a year ago I started to make a more serious project, which eventually become Pokémon Red Lion.

Story

3sNj7gG.png

In Pokémon Red Lion, you play as a soon-to-be professional Pokémon Trainer. Yes, being a Pokémon Trainer is a job and you won't start as 10-year old kid, no you will start in your mid-twenties and you live with your girlfriend. You start in the town of Esch-sur-Alzette which is in Luxembourg. You pick up your starter from the town hall and need to pass some exams at university in order to become a professional Pokémon Trainer.

Later on you travel all across Luxembourg, to collect the gym badges. You need them to qualify for the National Pokémon League. Besides you will also fight against an extreme left-wing and right-wing group. The extreme left-wing group wants a 'trainerless' society, while the extreme right-wing wants to keep autochthonous Pokémon of Luxembourg.

You will discover many dirty secrets behind the scenes, which I will not spoiler you of course... However, let me tell you this, you will travel in the past! Eventually after you finish your adventure in Luxembourg, you flee to Peru and hide your true identity; you will live your live as a new person. After your Peruvian adventure, you will compete in the Pokémon World Tournament and later on return to Luxembourg...to finish some business... So yes the so-called post-game will not be a post-game per se...

Progress

--You are able to catch and have around 350-400 Pokémon, including Fakémon so far--
--You can play until the 8th gym--
--You can access 16 towns/cities--
--I think you can play around 20-30 hours already--
--There are around 40 accessible Fakémon-- (more to come)
--I finished to map most of Luxembourg. I only need to do the Capital--
--You can already use the car after some hours in the game--
--You can already use your bike after completing a side mission--
--around 350 Pokémon have their Albino and Melanite sprites correctly done and resized. Some are missing, others need to be resized--
--Hunger/thirst system totally implemented--
--Banking system totally implemeneted--
--Train and bus system totally implemented--
--Side missions for the starter town are totally implemented--
--Some side quest in Esch-Belval are also already implemented--

Starters

Pqy4EUG.png

The starters will be Fakémon. They are called: Acoon, Charcoal and Jackalope. You will get your startes in the town hall.

Features

*some Fakémon
*some custom Delta/Alola forms
*albino and melanite Pokémon exist too
*HM Fly is not usable, but instead you have a new system of travelling (you can take the train/bus) for that you can buy an 2-hour, daily or monthly ticket.
*you can skate, ride a bike or drive by car
*deep relationships with specific people
*banking system
*you are able to buy houses/plots/flats/...
*different Pokémon teams based on the region (when you flee from Luxembourg to Peru you have to start from 'zero' but later on you recover your old Pokémon of course)
*hunger/thirst system for the player

and much more.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Team recruitement

So far I made most if not almost everything alone, except for few scripts and few Fakémons. If you find some hmmm 'bad' Fakémon it is because well those artists are not cheap and I really wanted to have Fakémon. And as one Fakémon alone is expensive I started also to do my own Fakémon. I'd be glad to welcome new artists, scripters, mappers and other collaborators. Every help is appreciated just pm me.. Please also check the reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonRedLion/

Download&Changelog

The current version of Pokémon Red Lion is Beta Version 0.1.5
You can download Pokémon Red Lion here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/94751no6g3zv63q/Pokémon Red Lion Beta 0.1.5.rar?dl=0

Changelog:
Spoiler:

CREDITS

Pokémon: Nintendo/GameFreak
RPG Maker: Enterbrain
Pokémon Essentials: Maruno/Poccil/Flameguru
Ressources Gen 7 PBS:: Marin, Zeak6464, Tapu Fini, SpartaLazor, leparagon, BlackOutG5, Rune, M3rein, Rigbycwts, Rot8er_ConeX, James Davy, Luka S.J.
Project: Generation 6: mej71, WorldSlayer, Pokemon Sprites: http://www.pkparaiso.com/, /u/sicns, /u/Evolemon, Pikachumazzinga,
karstictrainer, TheDeKay, viperk1, SunakazeKun, Radical Raptr, RPD490, Takyon!, Pokegod7020, Drakath569, Florio, MrDeepDarkMind, snooper117
Fakémon: me, MaksimFadeev, Metehan A.
and many more. If I forgot some please tell me so.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
Hi guys quick update, had not so much time these last days, but I show you some new Fakemon designs which are going to be included in the game.

hICCwnO.png

VQkZfKn.png

3bofKmf.png

Spoiler alert the first gym leader will use the hedgehog Pokémon :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Why the game is not opened up ? I downolad it extrated the files and when pressed open on the game file nothi ng happened

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
Strange, it works for me normally... Do others have similar troubles?
Edit: Tried it on another laptop and it worked just fine.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
the download froze at the very end and I cant get the game for some reason

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
Update: Okay guys I changed from mediafire to dropbox. Now you should be able to download it without further problems

Years
  • Age 49
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
When i play the game and get beat and am sent to the pokestore i can not leave as i am stuch on the shelf just inside the store,

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
Pokémon Red Lion Beta Version 0.1.0 is out now! It has many deep changes. I advice you to not use your old savegames.
These changes include:
-added the food and drink system; it works kinda like the repel system, but once you are out of food you are teleported back home.
-added costumes and uniforms; you can now dress as Pokémon or as Team Rocket member or in a retro fashion.
-added Bitcoin; while not needed at the beginning, Bitcoins will be useful later on in the game.
-changed the PokéMart in Esch-Belval into a mall; you can eat, buy lottery tickets, buy food, get a Bitcoin wallet, get books and even clothes.
- the bakery now finally works, have fun eating some sweet doghnuts or Boxemännecher (speciality of Luxembourg).
- restaurants also now work. Every restaurant will offer different cuisines. The more you progress in the game, the more steps you can do after eating in new restaurants you meet in your adventure

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 9, 2022
Hey guys, sorry to keep you waiting, after so long I could finally find a good artist who was able to help me in creating some Delta Pokémon and Fakémon.

Here are some of the new Delta Pokémon that will be included:

XBY6xxH.png

HEHvOJX.png

LmK63vp.png

19nmzrT.png

Sie0SqA.png

a1IhCra.png

0AUsrFY.png

NwIo32g.png

S0rrHQy.png

GkKWYMB.png

we7OLbR.png