• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News US-Iran crisis intensifies after general assassinated

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    The power of Rob Wolchek is greater it seems. No wonder that people want him as a new president.

Years
    ALT, you know as well as everyone else does that Trump's true goal is to loot their oil fields like a common thief.

HE started this mess, now HE can either clean it up or shut up about it.

Oh, and there's also this:

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...ews-more-about-strike-than-congress/23899824/

Pray tell what mess did he start? I seem to remember it was Iran's militias that attacked the US Embassy, something that should be considered an act of war.

In other news two Iranian reporters have quit their jobs, saying they could no longer lie for the government.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...iranian-state-broadcaster-over-crash-cover-up

This follows massive street protests against the government and Iran's only female Olympic medalist defecting from the nation.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The situation in Iran, and the Middle East in general, isn't the result of one particular president, or even one country, but rather a 100 year long history between the West and the Middle East. Trump is responsible for it, as is Obama, as is Bush Jr, as are probably most of the presidents dating back to WW1, as well as several other western nations. It's another chapter in the West's roughly 500 year long story of imperialism, where money+power>literally everything else.

Years
    I think the increase in population in general will create more crime, bc there's more people, so naturally more criminals. You can't really say x population is more crime laden.
    But I do agree that countries should be more careful if the economy they have can't handle it, because it hurts everyone then.

Years
    I think the increase in population in general will create more crime, bc there's more people, so naturally more criminals. You can't really say x population is more crime laden.
    But I do agree that countries should be more careful if the economy they have can't handle it, because it hurts everyone then.

I may have phrased it wrong, but I think there is a possible clash of cultures. People who have been say living one way in which women and LGBT and others are treated in a certain fashion, are suddenly in a country where they are treated much differently. That in turn creates problems with refugees who have to adjust, some of whom though do not wish to adjust, for cultural or religious reasons.

So I would say that some things that are crimes in western countries, may not be considered crimes in middle eastern countries, thus gaining tens if not hundreds of thousands of refugees could cause an increase in crime due to differences.

Last edited:
    Back