• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen use a guide / walk sinnoh alone

any type of guidance / walk alone?

• have used some sort of guidance (guide, walkthrough, online help for knowing where something was)

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • walk sinnoh alone (w/o any sort of help)

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

coolmancam

refreshed trainer
Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    just wondering how many of you have ever used a guide or gone online for ANY type of help, or do the game without knowing a thing and EVER using any help online.

Alexstrasza

Luxray Fanatic.
    Years
  • I used a guide from Mahalo so I knew what Pokémon were in the Elite Four, and how to get through the Distortion World...

Other than that... no

WhiteTux

[G]reen_[L]antern
    Years
  • me, never i have never gotten help, whats the fun in the game is you find cheats or help

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
  • use a guide / walk sinnoh alone
    use a guide / walk sinnoh alone

Nope, no guide.
    Sometimes I read guides before I play them so I know what to do and what not to do. (like, not miss anything, skip events if possible that I can't re-do.)

If I hadn't checked my Ruby/Sapphire guidebook after playing my second time, I would have missed that masterball again. lol

Years
  • I never need guides for Pokemon honestly. They tell you what to do in the game..
    I only need to look at the guide when I need something,like breeding,EV's,Locations and all that.

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • In the first game, I usually use the guide. In the second one, I'll not use a guide. For example, the first game I got was Diamond, and I used the official guide when I played that game. But when I got Pearl later, I didn't use my guide. I like the guides--they're useful to have. ^_^

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • It was easy enough for me to complete D/P/Pt alone without a guide, and I have never used a guide to complete it or any other pokemon game.

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I used Marriland's guide to get to Riley but thats about it.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I selected the first option, but only because I will look up gym leader teams up on Bulbapedia so I know how much to train my team and which of mine to put up against theirs.

It's handy to look up where to find TMs and hidden items, too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Yeah I used bulbapedia to see what pokemon the gym leaders and that would have and what each of the pokemons weaknesses were so I knew which ones of mine would be best. Sometimes I'd be really stuck and look something up then realise how much of an idiot I was lol. (Stuff that I was actually doing but just wasnt doing quite right lol)

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • The only time i ever checked a walkthrough for a Pokemon game was when i was a little unsure of if i were to go to Spear Pillar now or later, it's a little sad if you go all the way there too soon :D

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I voted "walk sinnoh alone" but I did use Serebii for Platinum, to find out what Pokémon the Elite 4 had. I also sometimes use it to check when things evolve, or where that last damn Pokémon I haven't seen is.

Years
  • I use guides for things like checking when my pokemon evolves but other than that the only time I ever used a guide in a pokemon game was for a little part of the distortion world.

Back