• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Use Slash to cut Bush ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2018
    Hello there.

It's possible to change the CUT script so you can cut trees with SLASH and CUT ?

Don't know if you can add a second if there so you can use both moves.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
    I'd also like to know about this. It could make things interesting for my game

Years
    Yes, you can
    All HM's use the command "checkattack"
    You can learn more about that in some tutorial or even open up the script for cut on a-map
    to check for both cut AND slash, you just use the command kinda like this
    Spoiler:

Obviously you'd have to replace "cut" and "slash" by their values

Years
    • Seen today
    Note that a checkattack script will only allow you to interact on the field. You could "talk" to the tree and cut it with either Cut or Slash, but if you go into the Pokemon menu and select a Pokemon, Slash will not appear there as a potential field move like Cut will.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    If your using pokemon red, theres actually a tm cut. so with that you can have both.

In anything else, just edit the hm cut text to slash and edit the move to be identical to the slash attack and properties.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2018
    Thanks guys.
    :P it seem if you use more than one checkattack in the same script it will cause some problem and it will work only if the pokemon is in determined position in the index...and creating a new cut script would interfere with CUT from the pokemon MENU.

So i got it working the way i wanted like this. (way less elegant : P) but in the end i don't need to change all the scripts on the maps

It will work like this , you will create a new move script and will add its offset in the original CUT script in the part where it would say the tree can be cut

FIRE RED US

CHECK IF THE OFFSETS OF YOUR ROM ARE THE SAME, OTHERWISE DON'T COPY AND PASTE THIS.

1-
    -OPEN THE ORIGINAL CUT SCRIPT, MAKE BACKUP (DON'T MAKE ANY CHANGES IN THIS SCRIPT YET )

-COPY THE MAIN PART AND CREATE A NEW SCRIPT[/B], ADD YOUR CHOSEN MOVE (MY CASE SLASH...

-NEXT_MOVE_OFFSET[/B] (IF YOU PLAN TO USE MORE MOVES LIKE ME) OTHER WISE JUST ADD THE OFFSET FOR THE FINAL MSG "This tree looks like it can be CUT\ndown" IN RED IS 0x81BDFE3

in FIRED RED it will look like this. coping from checkattack to the end of that script
    ---------------------------------------------------
    NEW SCRIPT : NEXT MOVE
    #dyn 0x740000
    #org @BEGIN
    checkattack SLASH
    compare LASTRESULT 0x6
    if == jump *NEXT_MOVE_OFFSET OR END MSG OFFSET*
    setanimation 0x0 0x800D
    storepartypokemon 0x0 0x800D
    storeattack 0x1 0xF
    msgbox 0x81BDF94 ' This tree looks like...
    callstd MSG_YESNO ' Yes/No message
    compare LASTRESULT NO
    if == jump 0x81BDF91 ' Equal To
    msgbox @USED_MOVE
    callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
    closemsg
    doanimation 0x2
    waitspecial
    jump 0x81BDF76

#org @USED_MOVE
    = \v\h02 used SLASH!