• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Uxie Lv. X (Legends Awakened 146/146) Non-holo fake?

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
  • Hey, so I was looking through some of my old cards recently and checking out some of their values and I found something weird with my Uxie Lv. X. Everywhere I look it says that it should be holo, as every Lv. X apparently is, but mine is definitely not. I've heard a few mentions of some of this card being misprinted without the holofoil, but I don't know if that's true or not. If someone could check out the pictures below to tell if it's somehow a fake that would be really helpful since I know nothing about checking for fake cards. (for reference, I got this card from a friend back around 2012 I think. Don't know if he just pulled it from a pack or got it in a Lv. X tin, or if he got it from someone else as well.)

Pictures (sorry they came out massive):
    Spoiler:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Counterfeit. If it were somehow "misprinted as a non-holo," you wouldn't see the holo dots in the background.

A few other things:

• The "p" in "put onto Uxie" should be capitalized
    • "(before your attack)" should be italicized
    • misspells "card" as "cad"
    • apostrophes (') should be curly
    • Poké/Pokémon missing the accent
    • Weakness orb highlighted from wrong side
    • card back too light and borders too thick

There are non-holo prints of Uxie Lv.X, but they're World Championship proxies that have a different design on the back, a silver border, and a signature.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
    Years
  • Counterfeit. If it were somehow "misprinted as a non-holo," you wouldn't see the holo dots in the background.

A few other things:

• The "p" in "put onto Uxie" should be capitalized
    • "(before your attack)" should be italicized
    • misspells "card" as "cad"
    • apostrophes (') should be curly
    • Poké/Pokémon missing the accent
    • Weakness orb highlighted from wrong side
    • card back too light and borders too thick

There are non-holo prints of Uxie Lv.X, but they're World Championship proxies that have a different design on the back, a silver border, and a signature.

Spoiler:

well damn after pointing all that out it seems like it should have been obvious to me. Thanks for the really thorough response, it was really interesting to see all the little things that can stand out. Gotta wonder what the history of this card must be since it probably went through a number of people before my friend ever gave it to me.

Back