• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen V-Create Rayquaza

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • From Serebii
    Late last year, a promotion ran to discuss the Pokémon to be given in Japan during February. This promotion was to give a Pokémon that used to cover a version of the Pokémon games. When the voting ended on December 25th, Rayquaza was found to have won. Today, the official site revealed the details of this event. This Rayquaza is Level 100 and has its usual ability of Air Lock. However, the moves it has is are more unique. It has the moves Extremespeed, Hyper Beam and Dragon Pulse, but more shockingly, it has Victini's special move; V-Create. The giveaway will be in store from February 10th to February 27th. We'll provide more details as it comes. The Event Database has been updated with details of this event.

Or if that was a tl;dr, I'll sum it up in a sentence. There will be an event next month in Japan with a Rayquaza that knows V-Create.

V-Create Rayquaza

What do you think about this event Pokémon? Do you think V-Create is a suitable move for Rayquaza? Do you think there is any possibility of non-Japanese countries getting a similar Rayquaza?

Please discuss and debate and don't discuss in dot points.

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • This is interesting. Shame it probably won't become international. I mean I still want my Ash's Scraggy >_>

EDIT: Am I the only one who has noticed there's been tons of focus on Dragon Pokémon lately?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't know how it can even PERFORM V-Create, like Victini makes sense but Rayquaza is a flying dragon! There is no fire aspect apart of it, how does it produce the flames?!

Either way, doubt it'll ever be in English. :( /sad
    ...only cause I like collecting unusual things.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • V-Create Rayquaza? That's one heck of a deal. Physically-oriented Rayquaza now has another toy to play with. I can imagine a set like this when it's released:
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake/Waterfall
    -ExtremeSpeed/Waterfall
    -V-Create
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf

I think that the US may get this Rayquaza event a few months or so after Japan.

Personally, I wouldn't use Dragon Dance (or Swords Dance) on this Rayquaza because V-Create kills Dragon Dance's Speed boosts, while Swords Dance variants will be more prone to revenge killing.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • Its a shame if this doesnt become international and only in Japan. I'm still waiting if there's ever going to be an event in Europe and America.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2012
    This is interesting. Shame it probably won't become international. I mean I still want my Ash's Scraggy >_>

EDIT: Am I the only one who has noticed there's been tons of focus on Dragon Pokémon lately?

If I remember correctly it's the Chinese year of the dragon and I think that's why they've been dragon related the even did those shiny dragon pokemon eggs too.

It looks interesting but since it's useless in competitive battle like all legendaries it will most likely become a trophy pokemon to most.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Pretty cool event. Saves me the trouble of migrating a Rayquaza! Haha. But yeah, I just read about this, so this is a pretty cool one. I'm not super stoked, but hey, free stuff. A little unfair to Victini though. Getting robbed of one of its signature moves. :(

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • V-Create Rayquaza.... that just doesn't sound right. Since it's Uber, I really don't see a point in getting it. And, really, what's the point of giving a Rayquaza such an incompatible move? Sorry, but this event just doesn't really make sense to me. There's no connection with Rayquaza and Victini whatsoever.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • It is kinda weird that they choose Rayquaza (I would rather another mascot, like Dialga but w/e) of all Pokemon and then even weirder that they chose to give it V-Create as a special move. If anything I thought it would have it's DW ability. (does it even have one? lol)

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • It is kinda weird that they choose Rayquaza (I would rather another mascot, like Dialga but w/e) of all Pokemon and then even weirder that they chose to give it V-Create as a special move. If anything I thought it would have it's DW ability. (does it even have one? lol)
    No, Rayquaza does not have a DW ability. This makes me further ask the question "Why Rayquaza?"

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years

• No, Rayquaza does not have a DW ability. This makes me further ask the question "Why Rayquaza?"

Because that's what people voted for, I guess. You can see the rankings here. It's not being released through the DW anyway. At least it's getting a special move, though, unlike our useless Arceus event.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I would be perfectly happy with Rayquaza if they were gonna release this event outside of Japan. I think Rayquaza is a good choice since it's been out of the spot light for a while. Also it's a Rayquaza, why would anyone complain about getting a Rayquaza? I would however like to see international events for some Dragon Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    I would be perfectly happy with Rayquaza if they were gonna release this event outside of Japan. I think Rayquaza is a good choice since it's been out of the spot light for a while. Also it's a Rayquaza, why would anyone complain about getting a Rayquaza? I would however like to see international events for some Dragon Pokemon.

You're completely right.

And I've got a lot of Rayquazas... Another one for the collection.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Personally, from the candidates, I'd have preferred Charizard. 180 BP STAB on Charizard? Yes, please! At least it would kinda-sorta make sense.

Thing is we don't even know if a different winner would've had v create. Like we could've had

Shell smash blastoise
    Hurricane lugia/ho-oh

Back