• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: [v12+] Set the Controls Screen

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Will this be getting updated sometime in the near future for Ver. 19.1? If not, I'll respect that decision and I'm sure you're plenty busy as is.
    Essentials v19 (MKXP-Z) already was a control customization on F1, although Essentials system lacks on defining default controls. So there is little meaning updating this script.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Essentials v19 (MKXP-Z) already was a control customization on F1, although Essentials system lacks on defining default controls. So there is little meaning updating this script.

Ohhh, I see that now. I had no idea that one could do this. I had seen various forums and the such around on the internet that mentioned the use of the F1 key but the posts were dated back as early as 2017 and as old as 2013 if not before then. I figured that such a tool was outdated and no longer available in more modern versions of Essentials. Up until now, your resource here was the only way to edit the controls during gameplay that I knew of.

I only wanted it because friends of mine years ago suggested it as an option for my fangame and that's how I discovered this script to begin with. Well, I'm elated that there's a way to do that still, I just had no idea it was already available. Apologies for wasting your time, I truly didn't know. Thanks for informing me!

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Ohhh, I see that now. I had no idea that one could do this. I had seen various forums and the such around on the internet that mentioned the use of the F1 key but the posts were dated back as early as 2017 and as old as 2013 if not before then. I figured that such a tool was outdated and no longer available in more modern versions of Essentials. Up until now, your resource here was the only way to edit the controls during gameplay that I knew of.

I only wanted it because friends of mine years ago suggested it as an option for my fangame and that's how I discovered this script to begin with. Well, I'm elated that there's a way to do that still, I just had no idea it was already available. Apologies for wasting your time, I truly didn't know. Thanks for informing me!
    RPG Maker XP RGSS came with a control rebinder on F1, but is limited and doesn't cover all Essentials keys:

control.png

MKXP-Z came with a better rebinder on F1 who cover all Essentials keys (click to zoom):

Essentials started to use this second on v19.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Updated to Essentials version 20.1! A description for each action was added.
    Will this be getting updated sometime in the near future for Ver. 19.1? If not, I'll respect that decision and I'm sure you're plenty busy as is.

I haven't been able to figure out how to "translate" its pre-19.1 coding so that it's compatible with 19.1. I've been trying but I've no coding knowledge so I have little idea of what I'm doing.
    Due to many requests, this was updated latest Essentials.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Hey, that's awesome! Thank you so much, I would've never expected you to update this!

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Guys... I just started Pokemon rom hacks ! Pokemon Myth is my first one ^^ ( currently playing it ) Can i use this script on the game ? :o
    If i got it corretctly, the pokemon esssansiel you talking about is the engine of it ? :o

Also.. if it's a yes, where do i put this script ? :o

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Guys... I just started Pokemon rom hacks ! Pokemon Myth is my first one ^^ ( currently playing it ) Can i use this script on the game ? :o
    If i got it corretctly, the pokemon esssansiel you talking about is the engine of it ? :o

Also.. if it's a yes, where do i put this script ? :o
    Welcome! Pokémon Myth isn't a hack and this script also isn't for hacks. Pokémon Myth is a fangame made with Pokémon Essentials kit. You can put thi script if the game is open to edits.

To install this script, like the instructions says in the script, put it above main section, in the script editor section. You will need RPG Maker XP.

Back