• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: [v19+] Near-Universal TMs

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Makes all pokémon, except a few specific ones, learn the near universal moves as TM/TR/HM/Tutor, so isn't necessary to add the move to the PBS learnset.

Example: All pokémon can learn Snore, except some species like Magikarp.

Link

Tested on Essentials v19.1, v20.1 and v21.1. If this script isn't working on latest Essentials version, please inform on this thread.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I am using v21.1 of Pokemon Essentials. I am using this resource in the form of a plugin. It lists itself in the plugin list when the game complies, but it does not kick in and teach the Pokemon I want to have universal moves.

Code Block:

#===============================================================================
    # * Near-Universal TMs - by FL (Credits will be apreciated)
    #===============================================================================
    #
    # This script is for Pokémon Essentials. It makes all pokémon, except a few
    # specific ones, learn the near universal moves as TM/TR/HM/Tutor, so it's not
    # necessary to add the move to the PBS learnset.
    #
    #== INSTALLATION ===============================================================
    #
    # Put it above main OR convert into a plugin. No need to add/remove anything
    # from PBS.
    #

if !PluginManager.installed?("Near-Universal TMs")
    PluginManager.register({
    :name => "Near-Universal TMs",
    :version => "1.0",
    :link => "https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=492298",
    :credits => "FL"
    })
    end

NEAR_UNIVERSAL_TUTOR_MOVES = [
    :ATTRACT,:BIDE,:CAPTIVATE,:CHARM,:CONFIDE,:CURSE,:DOUBLETEAM,:DOUBLEEDGE,:ENDURE,
    :FACADE,:FRUSTRATION,:HEADBUTT,:HELPINGHAND,:HIDDENFORCE,:HIDDENPOWER,:MIMIC,:NATURALGIFT,
    :PROTECT,:RAGE,:REST,:RETURN,:ROUND,:SECRETPOWER,:SLACKOFF,:SLEEPTALK,:SNORE,
    :SUBSTITUTE,:SWAGGER,:FLATTER,:TAKEDOWN,:TOXIC,:WEATHERBALL
    ]

# Ignores forms
    NEAR_INCOMPATIBLE_TUTOR_SPECIES = [
    :DITTO,:SMEARGLE
    #:CATERPIE,:METAPOD,:WEEDLE,:KAKUNA,:MAGIKARP,:DITTO,:UNOWN,:WOBBUFFET,
    #:SMEARGLE,:WURMPLE,:SILCOON,:CASCOON,:WYNAUT,:BELDUM,:KRICKETOT,:BURMY,
    #:COMBEE,:TYNAMO,:SCATTERBUG,:SPEWPA,:COSMOG,:COSMOEM,:BLIPBUG,:APPLIN
    ]

class Pokemon
    alias :_compatible_with_move_FL_near :compatible_with_move?
    def compatible_with_move?(move_id)
    if (
    NEAR_UNIVERSAL_TUTOR_MOVES.include?(move_id) &&
    !NEAR_INCOMPATIBLE_TUTOR_SPECIES.include?(@species)
    )
    return true
    end
    return _compatible_with_move_FL_near(move_id)
    end
    end

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I am using v21.1 of Pokemon Essentials. I am using this resource in the form of a plugin. It lists itself in the plugin list when the game complies, but it does not kick in and teach the Pokemon I want to have universal moves.
    I tested right now and it was working in v21.1, in plugin form. Did you use any script that may change TM learnset? I suggest testing in a vanilla kit to make sure.

Days
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Hi FL. I have yet to test things out in a stock Essentials Build. The problem I was trying to solve I was able to solve after the fact. I was able to use the Tera Plugin's method of applying Tera Blast, to allow almost every Pokemon to learn Hidden Force. Now I am in the process of making a gameplay build of my project before the 25th May 2024. I have a Game Jam I plan to attend on the 25th May 2024. Thank you for your reply. I'll eventually see if it was something I did wrong on my end.

Back