• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] [v4.2 Out!] Pokémon Radiant Version!

Swdfm

Game Developer
Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Patch has been released. It is called 4.BETA.2
    Link on first page.
    Bugs fixed:
    - Wild Pokemon could not be encountered. Fixed this in about two minutes. It was from an error where I forgot to remove some script after playtesting. The irony is that me trying to remove bugs ending up with me causing one.
    - Names appear weird. That was due to me forgetting to test the game in US English, and also me changing the item IDs. Therefore, anyone playing in US English would have got the old item names for the IDs. Point is that it SHOULD be sorted.
    As usual, report any bugs. I may even release the next version next week if I find it appropriate.
    You CAN use previous save files from Version 4.BETA.1 on this new version. Just copy "Saves/Game" over to "Saves" folder, and the game will do a little update.

Oh, and @lancerian1, polite message from me. When I say on a certain day, then please take that to mean at any point during the day, rather than before 8am (in my time zone). I am not a superhuman. But I do thank you for keeping me on my toes.

Swdfm

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    sorry i was writing early i was just putting it there for when you could see it and thanks for the patch good job

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    is there mega evolution and/or z moves in this game and if so how

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    hi i did the red chain quest and completed it but i crash when i try to catch the lake trio right when i start the battle also i cant rest in an inn becuase if i do it takes me to the union club for the quest and when i get to the magicarp battle i cant use strugle so the battle is endless

Years
  • Picked this back up after finding out the bugs people reported were fixed. Only things I've noticed so far is some text getting cut off when looking at skills, and for some reason all of the tasks are already complete even though I'm starting fresh.

EDIT: Do have one fatal error that pops up after restarting the game via F12 button. Here's the error I get:

Script 'Radiant_Map' line 2648: SystemStackError occurred.

stack level too deep

from 'Radiant_Map' line 2648 in 'ow_shadow_visible'

EDIT2: Ok, once you complete a task, everything resets except for the task you complete. Still strange to see all of that finished right off the bat, though.

EDIT3: Perks button on the phone isn't working for me, although I thought the Pokemon Lab was the only place you can set up perks.

EDIT4: Quick Claw is not working properly. It sometimes says the item triggers, but it does not change the order the Pokemon carry out moves.

EDIT5: Game errors if a Pokemon is to hit themselves while confused:

---------------------------
    Pokemon Radiant
    ---------------------------
    [Pokémon Radiant version v4.0]
    Exception: RuntimeError
    Compiler:695:in `getConstantName'
    PokeBattle_Move:816:in `pbCalcDamage'
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:52:in `pbCalcDamage'
    PokeBattle_Move:1590:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3243:in `pbConfusionDamage'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3190:in `pbTryUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:3713:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4216:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4215:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4215:in `pbProcessTurn'

EDIT6: Changelog says Alolan forms can be found, but the only Pokemon I've seen so far from Alola are just the Pokemon native to the region. I haven't seen Alolan forms like Vulpix or Sandshrew.

EDIT7: Not getting the "Buy a Fire Stone From East Mall" task checked off despite actually buying a Fire Stone there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    where do i get keldio once i beat the sacred one quest also how do i open the door for the victini quest

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    i cant use the move relerner to remind a move to any pokemon when i try i get an error then the game crashes

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Glad to see the starters were fixed. And a shame from what I could see none of the starters besides Treecko, Charmander, and Totodile have immunities but I suppose it'd make sense considering it may be tricky to come up with new immunities for the rest of the starter choices.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    With the addition of 8th gen pokemon are here 8th gen game mechanics too? I doubt gigantamax is in for obvious reasons since that only makes sense in Galar due to the lore of the process of course, but are there TRs as well as TMs? What about the nature changing mints?

EDIT: Trying to rename a PC box crashes the game, its impossible at the moment to do the task "rename a box Rojosa" because of it.

Last edited:

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Ok, a lot of things to answer here:
    Spoiler:

Hope that solves or answers everyone's issues. I will attempt to release Version 4.BETA.3 on Tuesday 25th.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    ok thanks for the info if you want i can help by doing the quests and telling you if there is an error like for the quest where you talk to R on the west sea the zekrom quest it does not even start the quest the same dialogue just keeps happening no matter how many times you accept the quest i really like this game so i can help with reports it is one of the best games i have played the other being pokemon insurgence. also thx for the ETA of the next update

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I dunno if this is because I bought in bulk or not but the task "Buy super potion in Rojosa" didnt activate.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Another bug, when trying to speak to Flora to complete the picking flowers quest, nothing happens. No text box appears, as if the NPC is dead for lack of a better word.

Back