• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] [v4.2 Out!] Pokémon Radiant Version!

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I ran into a little problem when trying to access King's Tomb in Azulantis Province - in the starting room, when I press X to open the menu, the game crashes, with this message:

Script 'Radiant_Map' line 1152: NoMethodError occurred.
    undefined method 'include?' for nil:NilClass
    from 'Radiant_Map' line 1152 in 'pbGetRegion'
    from 'Radiant_Map' line 1151 in 'each'
    from 'Radiant_Map' line 1151 in 'pbGetRegion'
    from 'Radiant_Movement' line 26 in 'pbGetRealRegion'
    from 'Radiant_Phone' line 63 in 'pbGetReqForApps'
    from 'Radiant_Phone' line 632 in 'pbCollectApps'
    from 'Radiant_Phone' line 630 in 'each'
    from 'Radiant_Phone' line 630 in 'pbCollectApps'
    from 'Radiant_Phone' line 126 in 'initialize'
    from 'Scene_Map' line 197 in 'new'
    from 'Scene_Map' line 197 in 'call_menu'
    from 'Scene_Map' line 168 in 'updateOldFL'

It works fine in the dungeon itself, though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    I checked out the discord but its....small. I had some questions and concerns which I don't know if were addressed
    I saw through a google search that IVs are not a thing anymore on this, is that right?
    Do trainers actually scale with you and change their team to match yours? I encountered a different trainer team by the dodrio statue than my friend at a different level
    WHY, just WHY do i lose 1300 for losing with a lv 10 sobble but only get 130 for winning?
    How do we strengthen our pokemon outside of EVs and perks?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Bug: West gate of azulantis leads to taxi but going through from that side leads to naaranha gate
    Bug: Virtually impossible to enter azulantis of own accord by walking
    Bug: https://puu.sh/Hg6Bt.png Before pressing up
    https://puu.sh/Hg6Bx.png After pressing up
    Bug: Prize counter crashes unless you have battle points (battle tower confirmed)
    Bug: Front entrance of spirited path gets you stuck somewhere, can't see player
    Bug on escaping sepia, trainer 2: https://imgur.com/a/TiDNoKQ another bug with azulantis

was not warned of fast travel costs until i had no money

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    Please tell me there's a way to change the resolution. My eyes can't handle it. e.e

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Sorry for long reply.
    I will look at all these issues and send you a private message soon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Cool :) I did send an email more in depth as per the crash reports, explaining stuff

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @Prowlcorp Not much of an option at the moment. Google being a pain. Your best bet is to send me a message here
    EDIT: Ignore last. Email away!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2021
    I ran into a little problem when trying to access King's Tomb in Azulantis Province - in the starting room, when I press X to open the menu, the game crashes, with this message:

Script 'Radiant_Map' line 1152: NoMethodError occurred.
    undefined method 'include?' for nil:NilClass
    from 'Radiant_Map' line 1152 in 'pbGetRegion'
    from 'Radiant_Map' line 1151 in 'each'
    from 'Radiant_Map' line 1151 in 'pbGetRegion'
    from 'Radiant_Movement' line 26 in 'pbGetRealRegion'
    from 'Radiant_Phone' line 63 in 'pbGetReqForApps'
    from 'Radiant_Phone' line 632 in 'pbCollectApps'
    from 'Radiant_Phone' line 630 in 'each'
    from 'Radiant_Phone' line 630 in 'pbCollectApps'
    from 'Radiant_Phone' line 126 in 'initialize'
    from 'Scene_Map' line 197 in 'new'
    from 'Scene_Map' line 197 in 'call_menu'
    from 'Scene_Map' line 168 in 'updateOldFL'

It works fine in the dungeon itself, though.

Hey, I'm trying to confirm this bug, but was unable to reproduce it myself. Are you playing version 4.1? Can you post a screenshot of your ePhone as it is when this bug is reproducible?

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    how can I full screen or adjust the resolution? I can't see the bottom screen properly 😢

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2021
    how can I full screen or adjust the resolution? I can't see the bottom screen properly 😢

You can't. I don't know if there is any 3rd party software that can make that happen in a safe way, but there's no normal way to do it.
    Sadly, it's one of the bigger flaws. You do get used to it though. The bottom screen isn't particularly important. It shows experience for player skills, your stamina bar (for sprinting), and, on the top part, the date and region. As long as you can see the stamina bar and date/region, you're fine.

chaosqueen

Contest Enthusiast
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Jan 18, 2022
    I've been trying to play this game since version 3.11, because it seems really fun and interesting, and redownloading completely with every new release, but I've never gotten past the first few screens. With 4.1 it doesn't even get that far - I just get the 'script is hanging' error right on startup, and it crashes to desktop no matter what I do (including with no other programs running, on a gaming-specific PC). The tiny bit I have been able to experience makes me definitely want to play the rest of it, but I'm not sure how.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2021
    I've been trying to play this game since version 3.11...

Taking a stab in the dark, but are you running on non-windows? I'm guessing MAC? Regardless, if you are using pretty much any non-windows OS, you could try running it through WINE.

As a side note, I recommend waiting for the next patch. Pokemon Radiant is an exciting project in that it offers a lot that other games don't. Sadly, it's minefield of bugs right now. Swdfm seems cool as far as devs go, but I know he's also working on his new project, Pokemon Fantasy, so I'm not sure when he'll get around to fixing Radiant. Definitely worth keeping tabs on though as this fan game will be worth it when it's fixed.

Swdfm

Game Developer
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    @chaosqueen Extremely disappointed to hear that. I will try and find a way to get it to load easier in the future. The problem is I only have the one computer to playtest on, and so if it works on there, I can only assume that it must work everywhere. Of course I know this not to be the case.

chaosqueen

Contest Enthusiast
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Jan 18, 2022
    Taking a stab in the dark, but are you running on non-windows? I'm guessing MAC? Regardless, if you are using pretty much any non-windows OS, you could try running it through WINE.

Nope! I'm running Windows 10. Thank you, though!

Extremely disappointed to hear that. I will try and find a way to get it to load easier in the future. The problem is I only have the one computer to playtest on, and so if it works on there, I can only assume that it must work everywhere. Of course I know this not to be the case.

That makes sense, yeah - I appreciate your taking the time to respond at all, thank you! I'll definitely still be keeping an eye on this project. <3

Back