• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    It's obviously not the coolest. It has no explosions that destroy the environment! Nor does it have the cheering fangirls!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I have another question, later on in the rp will we be able to fight using weapons or objects i.e. Setting cards on fire and shooting them in a flurry like bullets?

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • @Chuckles: Yes and no. Technically there will be weapons, but I'd rather keep that under wraps for now.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
    Years
  • If you're as timid as Michael, you can learn to use dancing to defeat your enemies!

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Okay... I typed this all up and accidently deleted my tab >:( anyways i retyped it very lazily soo yeah there's a quite a bit of not goodness in muh history XD

Spoiler:

Last edited:

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2014
    Impresive fight and quite fast also, i kinda figured you two would be the light and darkness magic users =P

I have one question regarding one of the spells, that fast movement I'm guessing its because he moves at the speed of light, but does that menas his entire body becomes light???

I understand wind magic to be used as a means for acceleration, but becoming light seems quite an overkill and not something one could use for en extended period of times, unless they had a massive amount of magic power and training.

But then again everyoen seems to be quite amazing for just being a bunch of kinds that just arrived to the school with little, or none, previous magical training. Or at least the ones that have fought so far =P

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
    Years
  • What should we do after the matches?

Well, I don't know about everyone else... however Indigo and Shion both have ended up in the infirmary after their evidently explosive battle... Though I'm not sure if there's anything in particular we're meant to do or anywhere in particular we're meant to go...

What say you, Colony?

Songbird

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    @Chili, Protip: make your sign-up in a text editor (Notepad++), word processor (Microsoft Word or Google Drive) or something like Google Keep. Seriously.

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • @Chili, Protip: make your sign-up in a text editor (Notepad++), word processor (Microsoft Word or Google Drive) or something like Google Keep. Seriously.

oddly enough, I hardly ever do that, and yet I'm the most pro of them all.

Kayle and Nathan didn't injure each other, so I don't think a nurse is necessary

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • Impresive fight and quite fast also, i kinda figured you two would be the light and darkness magic users =P

I have one question regarding one of the spells, that fast movement I'm guessing its because he moves at the speed of light, but does that menas his entire body becomes light???

I understand wind magic to be used as a means for acceleration, but becoming light seems quite an overkill and not something one could use for en extended period of times, unless they had a massive amount of magic power and training.

But then again everyoen seems to be quite amazing for just being a bunch of kinds that just arrived to the school with little, or none, previous magical training. Or at least the ones that have fought so far =P

You have to keep in mind that some of Zane's, or I'm guessing everyone's, SU has some history kept back; in fact Colony said so himself. Additionally they mentioned something about "every fifty years" in the post; if that's so, they're probably made to be better at birth to begin with.

Nyeh, not everyone is that strong. Everyone has had some training or control of their powers, as well as some have the generational advantage (see: Igna) and thus their powers are stronger since they've been taught by their parents or other important people in their life. But as you can tell, Sytano's screwed because let's face it, his powers < his opponent's powers.

---

Anyways, I'm guessing after the matches just roam the grounds and meet classmates.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • @ChiliDawgs: The history, personality, and pretty much everything is good to go. Only one problem that needs to be cleared up. The Earth Manipulation spell is a bit confusing, since it seems to have multiple effects other than manipulating earth. Specifically this line is in question: "She can also shift the earth around her, creating small earthquakes, speeding her up, or making her able to leap higher." Small earthquakes still seems to be in line with the spell and creative use could make sense for jumping, but propulsion seems a little out there. A little explanation on that or possible dividing it into another spell (you can start with 3) and you are good to go.

@ChaosCrystal: Yeah, the spell where Zane moves really fast is essentially him moving at the speed of light. Though it may seem really strong at first there are some key weaknesses to the spell. In most situations it wouldn't be useful since it can only move him two or three feet at a time, the only reason it worked against Christian is because he was using a close range attack. You're right, though. Extended use of the spell cause internal hemorrhaging and can kill the user. That's also why Zane didn't use the spell at the beginning of the duel, 'cause anything longer than the thirty or so IC seconds would've incapacitated him.

Edit: After a match is over there are a handful of options. You can observe other matches that are going on, take a trip to the infirmary of injured, go hang out at the Rec Center, check out the dorms, or find some students to interact with. After all of the matches are over a quick announcement will be made in the IC, which will spurn all of the students to meet at one of the classrooms.

Last edited:

Songbird

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    I made another character. She took forever to make.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back