• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VB From a webmaster view point?

vbulletin?

• Total voters

Jack bauer

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    So what Do you guy's think of the vBulletin from a webmaster veiw point?
    The reason for this is I just tryed the demo and I think it's nice.

So mods if there's somthing wrong with this thread.

Poke Trainer Gary

Optimistic
    Years
    In one view, I don't like vBulletin because of its high cost. But in an another point of view, I love it because of its add-ons, and many additional features. I also love it because PC has been made using it..LOL!

Anyway, I seriously don't think vBulletin is collecting a fair revenue for making a forum. But still love its features!

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    It's great for commercial use but you're better off using free alternatives for general use. That's my opinion on vBulletin.

CHG-Swampert

Do not make Wigglytuff Laugh
    Years
    Personally i know exactly why some people put too expensive. I put Very good. It is a little costly but from my P.O.V., its totally worth it

and
    It's great for commercial use but you're better off using free alternatives for general use. That's my opinion on vBulletin.
    if you're just using it for a simple thing and you have good experience with mySQL and mess yes. That is absolutely correct you can get free forums that you can use /forums/index.php? like phpBB. thats the only one that comes to my head as now but there are many

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, now that Kioshi has gotten a hold of MyBB and migrated all of vB's features to it (with his own custom coding of course) I honestly think that vBulletin is a big waste of time. You just pay a ton of money for a license and then turn right back around and pay more when you need it upgraded. MyBB is completely free, and now has almost all the features that vB has.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    MyBB has improved leaps and bounds because of 1.4. I still give a slight edge to vBulletin overall even though the interface is dated. What really makes vB great is its mod/theme community - it walks all over MyBB's.

If I was going to go commercial, I'd pick vBulletin. It's the best forum software out now, imo. But for a free forum right now I'll stick with MyBB.

Years
    *looks at last post and sees that its not a month yet since the last post was posted XD* umm, I hope I am not reviving this thread or anything since its not been a month since the last post yet.

Anyway onto the topic at hand, I think VBulletin (if I just said VB, I would think of Visual Basic XD >_> ) is very good and one of the best forum software however it does cost too much imo (its what I voted, the cost option).

If you have the money, I would suggest getting VBulletin since it probably outdoes all the other forum software in terms of security (although I think SMF has/is catching up with it, not sure on that but I am not a fan of SMF software anyway)

However, if you know how to make your own forum and have enough programming knowledge, I would recommend for anyone to make their own just because then you get total control since its all your own work. Plus you don't have to pay to make your own unlike if you bought something like VBulletin or Invision Power Board

Umm, I suppose that's my take on this anyway.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    vB is awesome for the mod community, seriously. Best mod community I know of.

Back