• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Electric/Dragon is pretty cool, and makes sense. It's the industrial thing people are talking about. Though Grass/Dragon Reshiram, I'm not fond off. Makes sense though.

woh woh woh....now we're talking about Zekrom possibly being electric/dragon? Cool combo, but not as good as dark/dragon. Wouldn't that combo (electric/dragon) better suit Reshima? I mean when I think electricity I don't think some black looking pokemon that looks engineered from scratch; I think of something of a ligher-shade (yellow..to sky blue..to white) that has a more 'natural' appearance if I should call it that.

Now that I think about it... Zekrom does sound like an Electric-Type name.

To an extent...yes, but truthfully at first--and still sorta now--I don't see the resemblance. :D

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Everybody else just summed it up. 3 types would just mean more confusions for me and imbalances in the game. We should really work on combining more of the types we have now instead.

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    On a side note, what is up with Flygon's evoloution chain ? Garchomp makes sense. Gible and Gabite look like mini Garchomps. Vibrava looks like a mini Flygon, but what in the world is trapinch ? It looks like it would turn into a Mawile. Even Yanma would have been a more sensible pre-evolutionary form than Trapinch is. They could have kept the whole dragonfly thing going.

Actually, Flygon is not based on a dragonfly at all; rather, it is based on an antlion, a large desert insect whose large-jawed larva build pits in the sand and wait at the bottom for passing insects to fall in. The evolution chain actually mirrors the changes that occur during the antlion's metamorphosis. That the larva burrows into the sand makes it natural that Trapinch is Ground-type, although Ground/Bug would make more sense than Ground/Dragon.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    What I'm thinking is in Black, they'll be a Black-Ou. And in White, they'll be a Whitewash. Like my concept, due to forces clashing :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If Reshiram is Dragon/fire and Zekrom is Dragon/Electric... the third one will most likely be Dragon/Ice or if Reshiram is Dragon/Ice then the Third one will be Dragon/Fire much like the bird trio...with dragon rather than flying...and more powerful...

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Both Zekrom & Reshiram really have impressed me. I expected to see some really lame designs for the legendaries after gen IV, but these really look great. Zekrom doesn't strike me as a dragon-type though. It more closely resembles a Dark/steel type to me.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting white now that I've seen Zekrom.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    If Reshiram is Dragon/fire and Zekrom is Dragon/Electric... the third one will most likely be Dragon/Ice or if Reshiram is Dragon/Ice then the Third one will be Dragon/Fire much like the bird trio...with dragon rather than flying...and more powerful...

Dragon/fire for Reshiram? I think that the Dragon/Ice would better suit it, and the third would be dragon/fire (if they're having a trio thing again). Nevertheless, nice combos.

Fli

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    Actually, I have thought of this idea before too. And every time I bashed it down as wishful thinking and for the reasons already mentioned. I can't say why I want that either because the two types is already too much for me to remember (ex: Use thunder! Oh you [opponent] are part ground? What??? Well then, use ___(fill in a move here)__ instead. note to self- so-and-so is ground.... so-and-so appears again. Use thunder. It doesn't affect so-and-so. Oh yeah, how did I forget that you were part ground?) Though unlikely, I think it would be interesting if the legendaries (only legendaries, I shudder to think of the annoyances if it was every pokemon) were three types.

Also, Charizard never seemed like dragon to me, but Gyarados... He is not a flying type. At all. (in my mind at least) Where are his wings? He swims!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Feh, I wish they'd say Zekrom wasn't Electric. I can see why they'd choose that, kinda. It's just not what I would have chosen.

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    I really love reshiram, and zekrom is okay. I dont think theyre going to be new types in this generation, so i think reshiram-normal/dragon, zekrom-dark/dragon.

If they introduced light pokemon, i think it would be too yugiohish.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
    Actually, I have thought of this idea before too. And every time I bashed it down as wishful thinking and for the reasons already mentioned. I can't say why I want that either because the two types is already too much for me to remember (ex: Use thunder! Oh you [opponent] are part ground? What??? Well then, use ___(fill in a move here)__ instead. note to self- so-and-so is ground.... so-and-so appears again. Use thunder. It doesn't affect so-and-so. Oh yeah, how did I forget that you were part ground?) Though unlikely, I think it would be interesting if the legendaries (only legendaries, I shudder to think of the annoyances if it was every pokemon) were three types.

Also, Charizard never seemed like dragon to me, but Gyarados... He is not a flying type. At all. (in my mind at least) Where are his wings? He swims!

I would really get confused too. I can usually remember most of the pokemon and what types they are but three types would be way too complicated. You said it might be possible that it could be Dragon/Dark/Thunder? So it is weak to Ice, Fighting, Bug, Ground, Dragon and is unaffected by Psychic? This is too much to process. Even now I had to think really hard and reread what I had written just to write his weaknessess down. I think they won't do it. Why? Too complicated. See? Simplicity is way better.

Oh yeah and Gyarados is based on a japanese (or chinese? I forget) legend that if a fish jumped over some waterfall it would transform into a dragon and those dragons were like flying snakes with arms. I know you've seen them. Like in American Dragon:Jake Long his grandpa is that type of dragon. no wings but since he's a magical being he can fly...Yeah that makes sense.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    There is no way they would do that. It would be so unspeakably bogus and impossible to win most battles. Too many 1-type pokemon and pokemon with limited movesets would become entirely unusable and the game would cease to be good in any aspect.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    It would be very confusing especisally to those who plan and create offical battling teams. OU and UU ect. Plus it would take the little bit of simplicity left in the games. Nintendo will lose many fans and players and once the word gets around the White and Black games will probably be a fail. And we don't want that. Even to those who just play the game for fun, "like me" it would be confusing because I do use type advantages and disadvantages to good use.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Games that make you think are a good thing... people, stop being so simple. New Types won't be THAT dramatic when it comes to remembering resistances and such all over again. It's still the same math.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Games that make you think are a good thing... people, stop being so simple. New Types won't be THAT dramatic when it comes to remembering resistances and such all over again. It's still the same math.
    More types = More Math = People getting bored of statistics, and bored with the game altogether. It is supposed to be fun; it's a game.

Back