• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Both look epic, but I like Zekrom more.... probably since it's so much like Palkia, who I also love. =P

I'm not surprised that Nintendo hasn't lost its creativity. xD Zekrom being part electric would be awesome!

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
    I too think that Zekrom is a very good choice.

I feel that most of the people like ZEKROM. ;)

Of course! When the first time I saw those two I really don't like them and me and my friend and the other members said like this,

Me : Man! I wonder when we'll get the Legendary mascots!
    Other member : Hey guys! Check this out! (Showing the Link)
    Me : Huh? Those two look cool! But We'll just have to wait when will the Legend reveal!
    My friend : Ummm...those ARE the mascots!
    Me : What?!! Ow don't tell me!
    Other member : It's okay idiot! I'm not telling you either.
    Me : Shut it you wimp! I'm wasn't asking you either!
    Other member : Sorry~
    Me : Ow Man! The White one is the worst!
    Other member : Thought so...
    Me : Hey does anyone know which is the Black version mascot?
    My Friend : Oh! The White one would be the Black mascot...
    Me : Grrrr! That's it! Get out of my mindBlack version! And Welcome to my mind White version! Haaahahaha! :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Zekrom looks cool.

Reshiram just looks like a pokemon fusion gone wrong.

Years
    Well I guess I'm the only one, and I expect people to be like "wtf are you talking about???" but... I really am not impressed with these legends. They honestly look to me like they belong in some kind of mythical creature smackdown game. Like WWE for fantasy creatures or something. Say what you want, but this is my own personal opinion. I'm especially disappointed that they decided to go with Dragons again for the legends. I was hoping for something different.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    This is the announcement I have been waiting for all year! The legendaries are one of the main reasons I'm still into Pokemon... :D Reshiram and Zecrom FTW!

As for critique...those are the best tails on any animal/beast/monster I have ever seen... I've always wanted a drill-tail concept, but I'd figured it would get ruined if implemented... but these TURBINE TAILS look EPIC!

Both Pokemon look awesome! Game Freak is on a fiery streak so far with their release of Generation V Pokemon! I'm extremely annoyed by the switch thing, though... Confusion ensues...

Reshiram looks mystical, while Zecrom looks like a freaking threat. You would not want to encounter that [Zecrom] anywhere (unless it was on your side :D). I love the names as well, as they signify that each Pokemon is turning to their respective color.

Reshiram reminds me of the concept of reishi from Bleach, coupled with the term 'ram', resulting in the Pokemon personification of spiritual energy ramming into your enemies. Which is freaking awesome.

I like how Zecrom feels when you say it. :) Something powerful and enigmatic, yet seldom seen. Originally, I wanted a 'u' in there to make Zecurom, but now I feel that would distort the name too much for my liking.

As much as I like Dragons, this typing thing (which isn't actually confirmed, as these guys may be dragon-like similar to Charizard and Gyarados) is a bit much. I'm wondering what their sibling, if any exists, will be... Zecrom being dual-type Dragon/Electric or Dragon/Light would be interesting. Well, at least the Dragon-type matches the epicness of Reshiram and Zecrom in a way... 2 Dragon trios could be awesome, though, if implemented correctly...

Either Reshiram, Zecrom, or their 'sibling' should learn Luster Purge... Fits with the whole monochrome idea. These guys made me have an idea that in the plot, there should be an event where one of them causes the overworld and battle scenery to go monochrome/black-and-white for a while. Then it'd sort of feel like you were playing a Generation I game in Gen V!

Ugh...the version switch thing is just what bothers me. How can you have a vicious menace like Zecrom representing the color white? From the outset, one could think it was full of malice or something from its portrayal/design... I get the yin-yang symbolism, but still... :\

Keep up the excellent work with Pokemon designs, Game Freak! :D

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think the the third one should be gray with purple eyes, and should be Psychic/Dragon or Ice/Dragon.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2015
    At first, I thought Reshiram was so cool, but then I realized how epic Zekrom's design is. But both are effin awesome. and epic really.

Years
    it looks like ill be buying white then, especially if Zekrom turns out to be Dragon/Electric. Awesome typing there.

im guessing reshiram will be like Dragon/Ice then, it just looks like an ice type to me. and we need more ice legends (besides Arty) or some other unique combo

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    I will be getting Pokemon White probably. Zekrom looks so strong I like it instead of Reshiram.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I don't see where you guys are seeing any resemblance to Palkia. I see none. ):

Anyway, as for my thoughts, I can really see Zekrom as a Dragon/Electric type. Look at it's tail... does nothing about that scream "generator" to you? And the appendage on its head looks like a lightning bolt, too..

And if Zekrom is indeed Dragon/Electric, Reshiram must be Dragon/Fire, I think. His tail, in comparison with Sir Generator Tail, is like a celestial torch. And then look at this:

PokeBeach.com said:
    But as it turns out, the names also originate from the Japanese words "shiramu" and "kuromu," which mean "to grow light" and "to grow dark." Specifically, these words are used to refer to the sky becoming light and dark.

Maybe the plot will have to do with the legendaries doing something to the sky..?

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    They're awesome :3
    I lovelovelove Reshiram. I'm definately getting Pokemon Black now haha.

(btw this is my first post here, so hi! *waves*) :D

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I'll get Zekrom, giant dragon robots of destruction is a must have. Reshiram is OK, I like the wings and the tail.

lucy_goosey

10 years and counting...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Well I didn't know which version to get but these legendaries have made the decision for me. Pokemon Black it is! Reshiram is just amazing!

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    So far, I prefer the look of Zekrom. But, once I know the second types, I'll be sure which I prefer. I hope none are like Palkia, whose types didn't complement each other well

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    The black one looks cool and scarry, but I like the white one, too. Maybe I'll get both.

Back