• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    It seems like one way to look at it. It's completly DUMB for Nintendo to release a new ability without saying what it does. And, yes, I know they've always done that, but it shows stupidity.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    It seems like one way to look at it. It's completly DUMB for Nintendo to release a new ability without saying what it does. And, yes, I know they've always done that, but it shows stupidity.

No its not stupidity. They like for fans to get more excited and involved. If more people are curious then more people end up purchasing the game. It is marketing genius.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm just disappointed that neither of them levitate, especially since they both end up with noticeable weaknesses to ground-type attacks. >_>

...unless Terra Voltage and Reshiram's TurboBlaze are both akin to Motor Drive, except activated by ground-type attacks, effectively giving both of them an immunity to Ground-type attacks, and a chance to power up their signature attacks in the process. :P

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I was actually thinking along the same lines. Ground types would be susceptible under Terra voltage. However, we don't know what the USA name is so obviously we're unsure.

redzb1

KING~N!!!!!
    Years
    for me zekroms kind of a dragon and dark type, does it match pokemon black version and zekrom being dragon and dark?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Also it's CONFIRMED to be Electric/Dragon, not dark.

OMGWURMPLES!

För Sverige i tiden
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012

Reshiram is definitely a boy. I'm afraid if I tell you why, I would get banned :S

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    So if we go by the theory that Reshiram, being Fire/Dragon, represents natural light...
    And Zekrom, being Electric/Dragon, represents artificial light...
    Then what's the third one?

Pokebeach claims to have information saying that it will be a green Cobra thing. But what other type of light could it represent? I'm thinking biological light, like the kind you find with fireflies and anglerfish. Maybe the next legend will be Bug/Dragon?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Bug/Dragon... is just impossible. I mean weaknesses and such...would be greatly flawed.

It'll either be a dark/psychic/ice/something else I'm betting.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I like this idea

From Serebii (I love aimlessly browsing their forums and finding great stuff :laugh:)

I am really intrigued by the dragons complex design. At first I thought they looked nothing like pokemon, but I've grown to think they're pretty awesome.

I think reshiram is fire, which is supported by the its torch like tail and slight red glow. Zekrom is electric, which is supported by its generator like tail adn slight blue glow.

As for what the dragons maybe about, well I think it is a battle between past and future. Reshiram looks very ancient and mystic like while Zekrom looks metallic and really advanced. Look at it this way Fire was used to light up darkness in the past and today we use electricity to do it. Hense Black and white, light and dark, yin and yang. Light can't survive without darkness and vice versa.

Hiun city is very futuristic and most of Isshu is (what we've seen of it), but what if the other parts are old and ancient and the evil team(s) are trying to preserve the past or expand the future. At the end of the game we and the villains will realize that without the past the future couldn't exist yin and yang both are one. Maybe Gamefreak is trying to send a message about the pokemon franchise via the game. They want to say pokemon can't survive without old mechanics, but in order to preserve the franchise they have to advance further with new mechanics and ways of playing. So in away the new games are trying to tell us not to forget about the past, but embrace the future.

It's just a theory of mine. It may or may not be true, but it was thing that I had to share with you all.
    By Pokeholic.

I'd love this to be true, beats good/evil to me :) And it makes so much perfect sense. Really nice creative idea :D

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I really doubt it's past and future kind of thing...brings dialga to mind... though there is lots of nature in the region and industry as well...So maybe it's Wild life vs. Industrial life...reminds me of Hoenn in a way...

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Hmm... Sounds very unrealistic in my opinion.

Reshiram is in no way glowing in red except in that scan. It's eyes are actually blue.
    Zekrom is in no way glowing in blue except in that scan. It's eyes are actually red.

The two Pokemon are in no way related to being the representatives of the past and future.
    Yin and Yang means they can represent Light and Dark, and a lot of other things, but this is too far-fetched.

Really, the good evil idea is awesome this time around, with rumors floating about how your good or bad decisions can influence the plot of the game.

Lelouch vi Britannia

99th Emperor of Britannia
    Years
    Really, the good evil idea is awesome this time around, with rumors floating about how your good or bad decisions can influence the plot of the game.

I really doubt this. Pokemon isn't that type of RPG. Besides there are already a bunch of games that have that type of mechanic. Fable and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic come to mind. I would actually like Pokeholic's idea to be true. It's different and it has a message besides the whole good will always prevail or evil is not the right path.

Back