• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Finally! A Fire/Dragon Pokemon!!! :) However, I don't understand why it's fire/dragon. It doesn't look very firey (is that even a word? :P) to me... :\ It looks more Dragon/Flying or Dragon/Normal. :\

I think the fire is referenced in that Reshiram's tail looks like a tiki-torch. The same way Zekrom's jet-engine tail makes it electric type.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    What's Bruce Lee's favorite drink???

WAAH TAAAAAAHH!!!!

Well I know that, but Ground is unaffected by Electric. So if Terra Voltage allows Zekrom's ability to hit ground with electric, then it would be extremely one-sided in comparison to Reshiram's ability if they didn't have a new type that is immune to fire.

Years
    My own post, #584, posted on May 31st:
    Well, this may dispel the Dark/Light rumors, if it is confirmed, but it gives hope for one more thing. If Zekrom is Electric/Dragon, do you think that Reshiram might FINALLY give us the Fire/Dragon combo people have been looking for?! Electric and Fire have no type advantage over one another, and Reshiram's tail DOES look like a torch. Here's hoping.

So, here's my moment of gloating. I totally called it. I'm just sad that our best hope for Light Type pretty much went out the window.

Anyway, do you think there will be a third creature to round out the trio? Maybe they are going to do another generation like G/S, which only had two mascot pokemon and borrowed the Crystal mascot from a different trio. If they were going to include another Legendary Dragon for "Gray" Version, what type combo could they use? Off the top of my head, I could only see a Ground/Dragon which would be strong against both. Any other ideas?

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    why?
    why gamefreak why?
    i wanted a light ype.......................
    soooooo badly....................
    fire dragon?
    why......................

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    Anyway, do you think there will be a third creature to round out the trio? Maybe they are going to do another generation like G/S, which only had two mascot pokemon and borrowed the Crystal mascot from a different trio. If they were going to include another Legendary Dragon for "Gray" Version, what type combo could they use? Off the top of my head, I could only see a Ground/Dragon which would be strong against both. Any other ideas?

I'm assuming it will be an Ice-Type, because Game Freak seems to be trying out the whole "new-but-retro" trend for Black and White... Luckily, they're doing it right, by understanding that 8-bit =/= nostalgic, and that great, memorable designs = nostalgic.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    You guys probably have seen on Bulbapedia, Reshiram going to be a Dragon/Fire type and Zekrom a Dragon/Electric type ! No new types, yeah...As mentioned above :cccc
    And, I'm "glad" Reshi is taller than Zekrom xD
    I personally would have prefered it the Dragon was their second type, not the first :c
    Makes them weak to ice and all ;w; But at least Reshiram isn't "Dragon/ice" so Zekrom can kill it easily xD *Reshifan*

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Although I really want a new type, I had a feeling Reshiram wasn't going to be it. I- - I still have hope (hnnnnng).

I think the third mascot will be Dragon/Psychic, only because there is a very blatant pattern going on here: both Ram-chin's and Rom-chan's types are a form of energy. The third dragon could be a Psychic-type, to represent psychic energy? (Or maybe it'll be a new type woohoo.... probably not, I know.)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Although I really want a new type, I had a feeling Reshiram wasn't going to be it. I- - I still have hope (hnnnnng).

I think the third mascot will be Dragon/Psychic, only because there is a very blatant pattern going on here: both Ram-chin's and Rom-chan's types are a form of energy. The third dragon could be a Psychic-type, to represent psychic energy? (Or maybe it'll be a new type woohoo.... probably not, I know.)

Interesting... the forms of energy concept could work alongside the whole light-dark theme I'm deriving from the legendaries... And I'm pulling for a new type as well! (Go Light!)

I've been skeptical about a Dragon/Fire combo Pokemonfor a while, since dragons are commonly depicted breathing fire, so it seems sort of redundant IMO. But Reshiram seems to execute it perfectly. :D With its TURBINE TAIL OF DOOM resembling a torch, and being a sort of personfication of white fire, it just seems to fit.

And Zecrom+Thunder+Electricity complements each other perfectly (the name sounds computer-ish, even!). For some reason, I've wanted to teach Zecrom Thunder ever since I saw it. Dragon/Electric looks like it will be very fun to use (reminds me of Cyclohm from the Smogon Create-A-Pokemon Project...)

I really hope the third mascot legendary sibling isn't Dragon/Water. It makes sense with fire, water, and electricity, though, but Dragon/Water is popping up a bit too much now (and we just had Palkia feature that combo, with Kingdra tagging along from Gen II) :\

Still, I have a feeling that all of the Gen V legendaries will be awesome!

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    You guys probably have seen on Bulbapedia, Reshiram going to be a Dragon/Fire type and Zekrom a Dragon/Electric type ! No new types, yeah...As mentioned above :cccc
    And, I'm "glad" Reshi is taller than Zekrom xD
    I personally would have prefered it the Dragon was their second type, not the first :c
    Makes them weak to ice and all ;w; But at least Reshiram isn't "Dragon/ice" so Zekrom can kill it easily xD *Reshifan*

Actually, the order doesn't matter for weaknesses; Zekrom will be weak to Ice, and Reshiram won't because of the fire typing.

A full list of weaknesses:
    Reshiram: Rock, Ground, Dragon
    Zekrom: Ice, Ground, Dragon

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I've been skeptical about a Dragon/Fire combo Pokemon for a while, since dragons are commonly depicted breathing fire, so it seems sort of redundant IMO.

This is really only true outside of Asia. Asianic Dragons are born of singular elements. They have Dragons of Ice, of Fire, of Earth, of Air, of Water, etc. The Oriental Dragons were not all fire breathers, that was a western rendition when they also made dragons the embodiment of greed and evil.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    This is really only true outside of Asia. Asianic Dragons are born of singular elements. They have Dragons of Ice, of Fire, of Earth, of Air, of Water, etc. The Oriental Dragons were not all fire breathers, that was a western rendition when they also made dragons the embodiment of greed and evil.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. Since most Dragons learned Dragon and Fire moves, I figured they came hand-in-hand... The 'singular elements' things makes the Dragon-type more unique for me, as it doesn't reference just fire, but the other elements of power as well...

Anyway, Reshiram and Zecrom are going to be awesome in battle. Maybe the third sibling should be Dragon/Ground, to exert strength over both? But we've already seen that type combo twice (Flygon and Gablias/Garchomp, the latter of which it doesn't really fit, IMO)... Otherwise, the typing should be a combo that isn't too strong or too weak against the other 2 combos...

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Zekrom's Terra Voltage Ability!

It was revealed in the CoroCoro magazine on June 11th 2010 that Zekrom is Electric/Dragon and the Black Yin pokemon. It was also revealed that he has a new ability called Terra Voltage.

Terra - noun earth; land

Voltage - noun electromotive force or potential difference expressed in volts

I think that this ability allows Zekrom to hit Ground type Pokemon with Electric type moves.

What do you guys think?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    A large gray with purple eyes dragon of Ice/Dragon typing would be orgasmic! It could represent balance between the two.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    A large gray with purple eyes dragon of Ice/Dragon typing would be orgasmic! It could represent balance between the two.

With the Monochrome Legends now...could happen. Though with it being close to the Ying/Yang symbol, I'm praying that Reshrim and Zerkom are the two major with no added third. Threes are great for the past set or Earth/Sea/Sky and Time/Space/Dimension sets. But this is close to balance. Grey is the middle color and though represents the perfect balance, it also represents nothingness.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That's one way to look at it.

By the definitions provided, I'm thinking something along the lines of boost speed when hit by ground attacks or I really don't know...make electric attacks stronger after Ground attacks.

All seem wierd and we don't know their English names. These were just released after all and not all have been translated.

Look at Sunny Day. Its Jap name is Clear Skies. We just have to wait for another update to see what it does.

Back