• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Ive gotten hope now that the starters may be better now. Looking at these guys apart from the white ones hands are pretty much flawless imo. I really like these two. the black one is on par with mewtwo in terms of my favourite. Maybe theyve but the black one in white to show harmony or someething? :s

I think it has something to do with yin & yang. If so then black and white's storyline will definitely be the most interesting we've had since the beginning of pokemon.

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
    Years
  • The gen 4 legendaries still havent grown on me yet. I'm waiting for the right trade to get rid of them.

The white one might actually be sort of buggy now that I look at it......it's butt looks like an ant's rear end.

Edit: I meant the one on the white box, not the white pokemon itself. -.-

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Ehem, Zekrom will be White Version.

Because of this do you thikn people will move in favor of white version now? Like it seemed like black was gonna be the top dog this gen, but with Zekrom on white that might change.
    What do you guys think of the box art? I love the simplicity of them:
    http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/product

Maybe they'll grow on me somehow(like the Dragon Trio and Arceus. thanks to Pokemon Adventure manga to grow it on me), but that doesn't mean Pokemon have to lose their unique charm. What must i do if Pokemon in latter generation somehow become indistinguishable to Digimon? just like I said its cool for the eyes but not enough charm

Hmm, well you have a point and yes they somewhat resemble digimon (Zekrom more than Reshiram to an extent) but I'm sure once the games come out and we know their moves, the stories behind them, and their stats their 'resemblance' to digimon will start to fade in most of our minds. They appear to be sort of Angelic pokemon which may be a reason to why they resemble Digimon (or have influences from Angemon?) Pokemon losing its charm imo seems to be an opinion that varies from person to person.

Last edited:

shot571

i preffered ones with more art. like Hg. I hope they improve it.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Hmm, well you have a point and yes they somewhat resemble digimon (Zekrom more than Reshiram to an extent) but I'm sure once the games come out and we know their moves, the stories behind them, and their stats their 'resemblance' to digimon will start to fade in most of our minds. They appear to be sort of Angelic pokemon which may be a reason to why they resemble Digimon (or have influences from Angemon?) Pokemon losing its charm imo seems to be an opinion that varies from person to person.
    Maybe that because i'm heavily influenced by both Generation I, II. It just recently that Pokemon got more and more man shaped Pokemon and material/thing based Pokemon(which many digimon does). I'm in that hope Ken Sugimori got his touch back from generation I, II, III.

Last edited:

abood321

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    I think the black one is dragon/dark type and the white one psychic/flying.
    They both look cool, but I will choose the white version.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    YES! The Legendaries are both Epic in design! I am definitely getting the version with Zekrom in it. It seems they're based around Light and Darkness.

Zekrom's could be Dark/Dragon or Dark/Steel or Fighting/Dragon.
    As for Reshiram...Most likely part flying due to its feathers, maybe Psychic, though we already have a Psychic/Flying Legend as a version mascot, so maybe not...Other possibilites for either of its types are Normal or Ice. Not much else could fit...
    Ghost has a small possibility for either, though.

Edit: Took a while, but it finally hit me that they could be based around Angels and Demons.

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    Ugh, seriously? Sure, they look cool, but they're probably going to be Dragon type. More Draconic Legendaries? No thanks. My Weavile doesn't need more work/

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • Well assuming Zekrom is the black one, and that the black one will be in Pokemon Black. and also considering that Black is my favorite color....I think it's obvious which game I will be getting...Pokemon White! jkjk - no seriously, Pokemon Black ftw! XD

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Has this been confirmed? Cause they look sorta fake, especially the Black Palkia-looking one.

EDIT: NVM this is on Serebii. It's real, alright.

Last edited:

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I think the black one is dragon/dark type and the white one psychic/flying.
    They both look cool, but I will choose the white version.

The dark should be dark/steel (dark/dragon okay..but not as good). If Zekrom is Dark/steel then I predict it will have higher atk/def Reshiram will more than likely have a higher speed/sp.atk/sp.def if psychic/flying. Basically just like in D&P one will have higher atk/def than the other and the other higher sp.atk/sp.def.

Sidenote: Reshiram being psychic/flying would be ideal but for some reason I see psychic/dragon or if lucky a pure flying type or psychic/steel more appealing.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • These are weird and complicated ...
    But, I still like 'em ! :)
    These are two Pokemon of a design we've never seen before ! I'm most definetly looking forward to the next updates !
    Also, it's quite odd : www.pokemon.com , the american site, already announced the games ... lol, isn't it a little bit too early ?

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well assuming Zekrom is the black one, and that the black one will be in Pokemon Black. and also considering that Black is my favorite color....I think it's obvious which game I will be getting...Pokemon White! jkjk - no seriously, Pokemon Black ftw! XD

Zekrom will be the mascot for pokemon white and Reshiram pokemon black. http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/product

I think you meant you're getting white now huh? D:

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Look too similar to palkia to me. I refreshed Serebii earlier and thought that as soon as I saw them.

Still, I guess they'll grow on me. Having said that, I loved the Gen IV box art legendaries straight away. =/

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I'm getting Black Version for sure! I really love the white Pokemon, but I'm not so crazy about the black one... XD Spring 2011...

Back