• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PiPVoda

water, Forever
Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    YES! The Legendaries are both Epic in design! I am definitely getting the version with Zekrom in it. It seems they're based around Light and Darkness.

Zekrom's could be Dark/Dragon or Dark/Steel or Fighting/Dragon.
    As for Reshiram...Most likely part flying due to its feathers, maybe Psychic, though we already have a Psychic/Flying Legend as a version mascot, so maybe not...Other possibilites for either of its types are Normal or Ice. Not much else could fit...
    Ghost has a small possibility for either, though.

Edit: Took a while, but it finally hit me that they could be based around Angels and Demons.

Hmm yes i forgot about ghost. Reshiram could fit as a ghost type imo. Ghost/flying and dark/steel? Weird combo but different :D.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Can you say Blue-Eyes White Dragon & Red-Eyes Black Dragon!

I Love them but now I feel forced to get White version to get Zekrom. I can;t imagine what type Rezhram is though... maybe pure Dragon?

Last edited:

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • These legendaries are awesome. They are definitely a lot more "epic," if you know what I mean. It's the same reaction I felt when I saw Dailga and Palkia for the first time: legendary Pokemon are starting to look less and less cuddly. And that is only a good thing. :D

EDIT: HOLY BALLS! Did they reveal something to the US/Western countries before they revealed it in Japan??? WOW. Check out the (english) Pokemon.com.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I seriously don't see the white one being anything other than Light-Typed! (I still have hope)

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • It's possible that they could introduce the Light-type, of course, but you have to remember that the Dark and Steel-types weren't introduced in Gen II as a means of expanding the game, they were created to counteract the way overpowered Psyhic-type in Gen I.

Lua

dharma bum
    Years
  • oh wow EPIC i can just imagine the white one taking off and zooming away like a jet plane, hehehehehehe. i like the black fellows body<mewtwo much> but as for his face..looks like he hit a couple of walls..

yai they're amazing my faith is restored...

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I'm thinking that based on Reshiram, the introduction of the light type is a very serious possibility.

Who else is freaking out over this update? "An all new adventure!" Do you realize what this must mean? :D Something other than collecting 8 badges!!! I have impossibly high expectations for these games now.

Oh yeah, and thanks Globalization for revealing these to the west the same time they were revealed in Japan.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    OMG OMG, I like em both!!!! WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET?!??!!?!?
    I guess i'll buy both games instead! :)
    Reshiram looks superawsome... lts like a sorta mix of an angel and a beast! Zekrom looks utterly big and ultra mega awsome too!!!!

Looking at Reshiram there might be a high chance of there being a light type... though they could just make it a flying type :\ Lol..

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I'm thinking that based on Reshiram, the introduction of the light type is a very serious possibility.

Who else is freaking out over this update? "An all new adventure!" Do you realize what this must mean? :D Something other than collecting 8 badges!!! I have impossibly high expectations for these games now.

Oh yeah, and thanks Globalization for revealing these to the west the same time they were revealed in Japan.

Don't take it literally, they're going to say things like that in order to hype up the games. They're not likely to change the formula now, as it appeals to established fans while remaining simple and easy to follow for new audiences.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it etc etc etc.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2010
    the black one's tale reminds me of an airplane engine, like the ones on the wings of the plane

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • What the f------------------?

Oh well, now it definitely seems racist. Why does the 'White' version get the badass Pokemon? XD

Regardless, here is a conversation that I recorded.

Guy 1: So yeah, Pokemon is lyk so gay, right?
    Me: You really should check out the legendaries of the new Generation.
    Guy 2: MEWTWO is so BADASS, that he will beat anything ever made, by Nintendo, Game Freak, or that guy who coined "nine-thousand."
    Me: *shows them legendaries*
    Both: O.O

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    The reason Dark and Steel type were introduced was so they could balance the game (remember how beastly Psychic type was in Gen I?)

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I love, love, love these mascots. They look like mecha statues with aircraft engines for tails. I also like that they switched which mascot goes to which one (Reshi goes with black, Zek goes with white), it's a nice contrast.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This is the best region yet in my honest opinion. Awesome Starters, and now these phenomenal Legends. Anyone still have any doubts? also, they remind me of an angel dragon and a devil dragon... or like I said earlier, Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Red-Eyes Black Dragon from Yu Gi Oh.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2010
    Zekrom looks awesome changed my mind completly about getting pokemon black first, i'm getting white version :D

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • They're not likely to change the formula now, as it appeals to established fans while remaining simple and easy to follow for new audiences.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it etc etc etc.

I could rant (and trust me, I have) about how the fact they haven't changed the formula since the days of Red and Blue is the single greatest flaw with the entire series. I am 100% sure that even the most die-hard of fans, like myself, will grow tired of the same thing eventually, no matter how great. If I were to give an analogy, I would say it's like a drug addict chasing their first high. Eventually, you're going to need to move onto harder drugs. ;)

And besides, if they don't give a something different (and I'm not saying they need to do away with traveling around the region collecting gym badges, just that they should put a significant spin on that plot line), then they're outright lying, aren't they?

Back