• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Myles

Seriously?
Years
  • 4Kids no longer has any affliation with Pokemon, so why even grin them up? Besides they didn't have any power over GameFreak/Nintendo/etc.

Were dialga and Palkia called deities? Either way deity means god anyway.

Oh and digimon was always more 'mature' in that way. And the later series started to get pretty dark too.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    4Kids no longer has any affliation with Pokemon, so why even grin them up? Besides they didn't have any power over GameFreak/Nintendo/etc.

Were dialga and Palkia called deities? Either way deity means god anyway.

Watch the English Dub for Movie 10: "The Rise of Darkrai".

And while it DOES mean the same thing, to me, it kinda downgrades their status a bit...

However, at least they actually call them dieties instead of "beasts"... I'm looking at YOU 4KIDS! (Watch 2000)

The main characters is Digimon were ALSO older than Pokemon as well.

Also, I hate that I'm gonna hafta wait until at least AUGUST to hear what their Legendary Battle Music sounds like. :(

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    After what Pokebeach posted earlier this morning, I'm quite convinced that there just might be a Light type... the name Reshiram has a direct connection to Light, but relating to the time of day, and Zekron with darkness and night. That, and the fact that they'd reveal the legendary Pokemon without giving us their types...

Also, I feel like these legendary Pokemon are the epitome of Darkness and Light... and Zekron's special move will be called Black Hole, and Reshiram will have White Out

Last edited:

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    lolz, that would be interesting attacks.

Anyways, while these games ARE exciting, and I EAGERLY await their arrival, I think I'll be even MORE anxious when the Ruby and Sapphire Re-Makes are announced...

All things considered though... I AM looking forward to THIS generation more than I was for Diamond and Pearl.

The black one is deadly cool.

Teh white one is not much appealing, though, IMO.

I thought the same, at first... But the more I look AT Reshiram, the more I like it.

It could also just be that it's a White Dragon with Blue-Eyes... :D

It is also VERY elegant.

I can definitely say that, as far as design goes, while Zekrom DOES look VERY badass... Reshiram's tail looks WAY better... And Doggy-face kinda grows on me as well! X3

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • lolz, that would be interesting attacks.

Anyways, while these games ARE exciting, and I EAGERLY await their arrival, I think I'll be even MORE anxious when the Ruby and Sapphire Re-Makes are announced...

All things considered though... I AM looking forward to THIS generation more than I was for Diamond and Pearl.

I thought the same, at first... But the more I look AT Reshiram, the more I like it.

It could also just be that it's a White Dragon with Blue-Eyes... :D

It is also VERY elegant.

I can definitely say that, as far as design goes, while Zekrom DOES look VERY badass... Reshiram's tail looks WAY better... And Doggy-face kinda grows on me as well! X3

-Tackleglomp-
    Yesyes! Elegant! :D

Years
  • My thoughts "oh christ, I'm not buying them. I hope they're on normal DSi etc. though, coz I want an R/S remake".

Seriously, more dragons???

And I can just tell the whole story will be based on them!

I prefer how G/S/C/Hg/Ss did it. Not much backstory, but you still meet them.

Or even better.....the R/G/B/Y/Fr/Lg way: you don't even have to realise they exist!

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    -Tackleglomp-
    Yesyes! Elegant! :D

OW! I THINK YOU BROKE MY... Mmmmmmm... Ribs........... lol

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Honestly... There's something about these new pokemon... The more I look at them, the more I like them.

And while at first glance, Zekrom seems like the more badass of the two of 'em... And then I take a closer look at Reshiram...

Look at Reshiram's face! It's gaze! SCARY! It has that look of: "You call me 'girly' and you are SO gonna die!" I think that Reshiram will end up surprising A LOT of people out there.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • My thoughts "oh christ, I'm not buying them. I hope they're on normal DSi etc. though, coz I want an R/S remake".

Seriously, more dragons???

And I can just tell the whole story will be based on them!

I prefer how G/S/C/Hg/Ss did it. Not much backstory, but you still meet them.

Or even better.....the R/G/B/Y/Fr/Lg way: you don't even have to realise they exist!

I just hope it's not only for DSi s:
    (I got 2 DSL, seriously)

OW! I THINK YOU BROKE MY... Mmmmmmm... Ribs........... lol

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Honestly... There's something about these new pokemon... The more I look at them, the more I like them.

And while at first glance, Zekrom seems like the more badass of the two of 'em... And then I take a closer look at Reshiram...

Look at Reshiram's face! It's gaze! SCARY! It has that look of: "You call me 'girly' and you are SO gonna die!" I think that Reshiram will end up surprising A LOT of people out there.

*Replace Ribs*
    :P

And yeahs, she's just, gorgeously deadly!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Haha, it is funny how we all start saying the same things... I too fell for Zekrom initially but now I am really starting to appreciate Reshiram... it's beautiful and it will be the most unique Dragon Type yet... being non-reptilian like Altaria.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    I just hope it's not only for DSi s:
    (I got 2 DSL, seriously)

*Replace Ribs*
    :P

And yeahs, she's just, gorgeously deadly!

One of the reasons I am actually looking FORWARD to this Gen. Maybe I'll be able to play it right away! Doing it for only the DSi and on is STUPID! DSi sucks anyways. I have an old RED DS that I got JUST to play SoulSilver.

And, you know that "SHE" is probably gonna be genderless right?

Unfortunately, even if Reshiram DOES have a gender, you probably won't be able to breed it.

Haha, it is funny how we all start saying the same things... I too fell for Zekrom initially but now I am really starting to appreciate Reshiram... it's beautiful and it will be the most unique Dragon Type yet... being non-reptilian like Altaria.

Yeah, Altaria was a bit of a disappointment stats wise...

Although, it IS the only Dragon that can Perish Song... That counts for something right?

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • One of the reasons I am actually looking FORWARD to this Gen. Maybe I'll be able to play it right away! Doing it for only the DSi and on is STUPID! DSi sucks anyways. I have an old RED DS that I got JUST to play SoulSilver.

And, you know that "SHE" is probably gonna be genderless right?

Unfortunately, even if Reshiram DOES have a gender, you probably won't be able to breed it.

Yeah, I only call her and her just because she looks more gracefully evil :P

&&. Yeah it'll be silly if it's an DSi-only game.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I, too, am warming up to Reshiram more now.

And I'd say there's a different code for DSi-exclusive.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • The one I like about Reshiram is because its unique and I like its Blue Eyes. Zekrom, Its cool with the Black color like a machine especially its Arms and the Foots like Palkia!

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Judging by what was posted on Pokébeach I think I'm getting what will be the storyline of these games; I think Team Generic will try to summon either Zekrom or Reshiram (depending on version) and in White will try to create eternal night and in Black create eternal day. Similar Ruby & Sapphire did with land and sea. Alternatively it could be to do with eclipses.

As long as the legendaries have a decent backstory I'm happy. Even if it isn't explicitly noted in the main story.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Some of the most original deisgns I've seen for a pokemon. in fact, they almost look like Digimon to be quite frank. But they're really really awesome, I'm happy with the outcome. My only issue is the "White" legendary actually looks quite demonic rather than a pure hearted being.

x0xave

A MonsTer of Mother MonsTer
    Years
  • Well Reshiram is for Pokemon Black.
    Zekrom is for Pokemon White.
    Reshiram could be the Pokemon of the day.
    Were as Zekrom could be the pokemon of the night.
    Both pokemon hold the key to Day/Night.
    Put them together, you can rule the planets weather, and life source.? I Don't know. :D

Yeah, there is some extra content, and speacil stuff for people whoi have the DSi. There could be more to do with the pokemon games.

Last edited:

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    Could Zekrom be a man-made Pokemon? Its covered entirely with armour plates and has a jet engine as a tail, and seems pretty bionic and robotic, so it is plausible.
    As well, these legends may represent heaven/hell, day/night, angel/demon, good/evil, how knows... but as long as there's a good storyline supporting the theme, the outcome should be epic.

Back