• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kendall

Fool of a Took
Years
  • I was hoping that we wouldn't have another "robot overlord". But Zekrom is pretty cool I guess. His jet engine tail must have some strange purpose. Reshiram looks angelic, definitely my favorite of the two. Since Reshiram is in Black, I probably will get Black, unless more version differences make me decide otherwise. Hell, I might even get both. One to casually play as the girl (she's hot, what can I say?), and one for serious play and competitive battling as the guy.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Do you guys think that the upcoming Pokemon Sunday will reveal the Types for Reshiram and Zekrom? I surely hope so... I can't stop thinking about it. Oh and also, it's strange, we already have 3 Pokemon who's names start with the letter "Z"... and also, seeing Reshiram and Zoraork side by side is awesome, they look somewhat related.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • To sought this out, this is what types we have had for legendaries.

Fire - Moltres, Entei, Groudon, Heatran, Ho-Oh.
    Water - Kyrogue, Suicune, Phione, Manaphy. Lugia.
    Electric - Zapdos, Raikou.
    Grass - Shaymin, Celebi.
    Psychic - Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, Jirachi, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Jirachi, Deoxy, Cresselia, Latias, Latios.
    Dark/Ghost - Giratina, Darkrai.
    Dragon - Dialga, Palkia, Rayquaza, Latios, Latias.

So please don't tell me we have too many dragon legendaries, thats 5, 3 from one generation.
    Correct me if im wrong, but Dragon Pokemon are supposed to be the strongest, and rarest, so it suits perfectly that a legendary Pokemon is a dragon pokemon. Dragons were sacred creatures from Ancient Japan so yea?

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • To sought this out, this is what types we have had for legendaries.

Grass - Shaymin, Celebi.
    Psychic - Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, Jirachi, Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Jirachi, Deoxy, Cresselia, Latias, Latios.

So please don't tell me we have too many dragon legendaries, thats 5, 3 from one generation.
    Correct me if im wrong, but Dragon Pokemon are supposed to be the strongest, and rarest, so it suits perfectly that a legendary Pokemon is a dragon pokemon. Dragons were sacred creatures from Ancient Japan so yea?

We have 6 Dragon legendary, not 5. You forgot Giratina buddy! :)
    But he's right! There's not too many though! Now we got total 8 Dragon type Legendary. Who know, maybe there's more than Reshiram and Zekrom in the 5th gen. But it doesn't bother me much! They're cool

Vicousvirus

The Poison Master
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Zekrom looks like a clone of Palkia, just darker. I love him all the same though.

Reshiram is kinda cool, it is original, but personally, I prefer Zekrom.

I was kinda banking on new type combinations for these two though, like Fire/Dragon or Electric/Dragon. But meh. This idea of a new type called 'Light' is pretty good for Reshiram though. :)

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    To sought this out, this is what types we have had for legendaries.

Grass - Shaymin, Celebi.

People aren't complaining about the amount of Dragon-type legendaries, they're complaining about the amount of Dragon-type boxart legendaries. With B/W, we will have had six games in a row with a Dragon-type mascot. Too much.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This just in: Zekron could possibly the first Electric/Dragon Pokemon. coming from the host of Pokemon Sunday's blog, but the comment was quickly removed. I will totally hate it if this is true.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well considering the blog post's general gist was about how she mentioned about her love for electric types and stated that due to this, she wanted to get Zekrom', and the person was the host of Pokemon Sunday (and a voice actor in a poke. movie as well?) and the fact it was hastily edited out... seems to be the case. Not confirmed but seems to be an accidental leak there - probably a safe bet that it's electric now tbh.

i don't think it all that bad - kinda like the idea of it being Dragon/Electric. But what does that make the other legendary? (And tbh the chance of the ying/yang theme doesn't mean that the legendaries have to be dark/whatever type either... dragon itself is kinda symbolic as it is both weak and strong against itself).

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Ugh, your right... and if it is indeed an Electric type, I still hate it and that would also REALLY lead me to believe that it is a man made Pokemon. I guess since Dialga already has Steel/Dragon typing they didn't want to reuse it.

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
  • It doesn't add up, if it's an electric type why is it entirely black?
    I know it's one of the versions colours but really?
    I think it's fake info or the colours will be changed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2010
    It doesn't add up, if it's an electric type why is it entirely black?

most pokemon can be a color and not be a type of that color
    there are many ways for this to happend but thatll take forever

Wat r dere stats hopefully dere gud but there legendarys so dey have 2 b

sorry but i couldn't read that the first time around
    and bad grammar killed the cat

Last edited:

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Ugh, I don't like the sound of dragon/Electric (for Zekrom, not in general).

But if they turn out to not be dragon-type (it isn't actually confirmed, only that they're dragons, not that their dragon-type), it could be dark/Electric and than Reshiram could be Light/Flying, Normal/Flying (opposite of dark, if there's no Light-type), Light/Grass (opposite of Electric) or Nomal/Grass.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Since when did black have to equal dark type? =/ (And not the first instance - look at Luxray and its dark appearance...and its lack of a dark type. Or Flygon and its bug-like appearance...and its ground-dragon typing). Not all electric types are yellow either. (Again, luxray). It being electric could come from that tail of its which is reminiscent of a jet engine, and hey, appearances can be misleading.

And again, although it's not yet 100% confirmed the source is something one would generally trust (voice actor for anime and host of Pokemon Sunday's blog - Pokemon Sunday a show where we've gotten many screenshots and bits of info about 5th gen and HGSS). And it's too late to change colours - why change them when they've been released, and wreck with the black/white colour theme as well? =/
    Wat r dere stats hopefully dere gud but there legendarys so dey have 2 b
    I understand I believe W don't know, and will likely find out only when the games come out. (I believe we didn't even know the typings of Dialga/Palkia until D/P came out...so we're way ahead with the now, bar not knowing much at all what their role will be). But yes, it is likely they will have very good stats. =P

EDIT:
    Ugh, I don't like the sound of dragon/Electric.

But if they turn out to not be dragon-type (it isn't actually confirmed, only that they're dragons, not that their dragon-type), it could be dark/Electric and than Reshiram could be Light/Flying, Normal/Flying (opposite of dark, if there's no Light-type), Light/Grass (opposite of Electric) or Nomal/Grass
    Pretty sure that it has actually been said they are Dragon types from what I have read... that's the wording serebii stated the Daisuki Club used anyways.

Am I the only one on PC who likes the typing so far? =P

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Oh, I hadn't read the Serebii.net version of that update. People's insistence on them being 100% without doubt Dragon-type is starting to make sense. From what I've read Daisuki Club only referred to them as 'legendary dragon Pokemon'. But, anyway.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • I just saw these. o__o

And they look damn awesome. I'm at a loss so far as to which one I'd pick. D: Hopefully they'll have some interesting backstories and typings that'll help me decide ( although Dragon/Electric sounds pretty cool).

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years

And so may I ask - Why is a Pink and whitish dragon part water aka Palkia?
    Why must electric be yellow, and why can't it be like, say, brown?
    Hilarious how people see things, much?

Back