• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric legendaries seem very possible for Black and White. According to wikipedia, "lightning can also occur within the ash clouds from volcanic eruptions, or can be caused by violent forest fires which generate sufficient dust to create a static charge."

Spoiler:

This is a combination of fire and electricity taking place at the same time. Light is the electricity. Darkness is from the smoke caused by the fire. Notice the colors? (White and Black.)

Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

If you place the Pokemon onto the background, it seems like a very plausible idea.

This is from Pokebeach:
    "Reshiram's name comes from "shiro," which means "white" in Japanese, whereas Zekrom's comes from "kuro," which means "black." But as it turns out, the names also originate from the Japanese words "shiramu" and "kuromu," which mean "to grow light" and "to grow dark." Specifically, these words are used to refer to the sky becoming light and dark. Like we pointed out a few weeks ago, "hiun" in Hiun City's name can mean "clouds being blown by the wind." In addition to this, the bridge connected to Hiun City is named "Sky Arrow Bridge." So, we obviously have a sky theme going on in these two games in addition to the possible lightening or darkening of it.

What do these tidbits and the names of the Legendary Pokemon tell us about Black and White's plot? This is just speculation, but perhaps the games will involve a story related to making the sky night or day, similar to the whole land and ocean dichotomy in Ruby and Sapphire.

On Pokebeach they also theorized that Zekrom's tail could be a night generator.

This makes the Electric/Dragon and Fire/Dragon theory even more realistic because there is a sky theme going on already, and Fire and Electricity can each cause light, darkness, and problems with the sky.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    He looks like a robot. Robots are electronic. Electricity can be blue. Zekrom has some blue in his design. It doesn't necessarily have to be yellow to be electric. Have you ever seen lightning? Lightning has tints of blue in it.

Spoiler:

Reshiram has a possibility of being part fire seeing as there is a torch for its tail. Maybe it controls volcanoes or actual fire.

The reasons why the legendaries for Black and White could be fire and electric:

Fire--you light a candle to see in the dark. It's light in darkness.

Electricity--you turn on a lamp when it's dark. It's also light in darkness.

Therefore, Fire and Electricity tie into the light/dark aspect. Both create light when there is darkness. It doesn't have to be so literal and be part light and part dark types. The legendaries could be part fire and part electric and still convey the same message. The titles make sense, because Black represents dark and white represents light.

Also, with fire and electricity, not only can they bring light, they can cause darkness as well. If you use too much electricity, it causes power outages (like the one in Sunyshore). Without power, you're in darkness. Fire also creates smoke. You can't see when there is smoke and ash. Therefore, there is darkness.

Fire and electricity control light and dark. Therefore everything I've said makes sense for the legendaries to be part fire and electric.

It's possible that the evil organization(s) in this game are looking to harness the legendary powers for their own advantage. It could be a battle between light and darkness using fire and electricity.

That's probably why the protagonists are older. 10 year olds shouldn't be messing with fire or electricity. It also explains the boots and the shoes they are wearing. Hiun city is an industrial city that uses a lot of electricity and fire. I think I figured it all out.

Wow you've put a lot of thought into this. I love the idea! (And it would make up for my false hope for a Light type) It makes complete sense, and this way we would finally have an Electric Dragon and a Fire Dragon. As someone else pointed out, Reshiram has red highlights and Zekrom has blue highlights. I also noticed Zekrom has red and yellow eyes (fire) while Reshiram has blue eyes (electricity), to balance out the colors for the whole yin-yang thing they've got going on. Then, as you said, there's the torch tail and....electrical generator tail.

JakeClowd

the Silent Clowd
    Years
    Legendary Origins?

Reshiram / Zekrom

O.k. Here's what we know:

Spoiler:

The question is, What purpose will the new legendaries have in the new generation?

In Gen. 4, they had legendaries that created all space and time!
    What Could Possibly Top That?

Now, Taking into account the big cities, electric type, and strange turbine tail, I'm thinking region wide energy crisis (sound familiar).
    But, if that is what we guess about Zekrom, what about Reshiram.
    One other thing I don't think anyone has noticed:
    The suffixes - ROM & RAM - respectively could stand for the data terms - Read Only Memory & Random Access Memory - prehaps pertaining to the digital age???

Love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2015
    I think an Electric/Dragon would be cool but I would rather see Zekrom as a Dark/Dragon. I hope this isn't leading onto the fact that Zekrom could be Electric. But honostly I don't know what to expect.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
    ... I think we may be overspeculating here. I mean really. You guys are theorizing that Reshiram and Zekrom must be electric and fire because a certain charge in volcanic ash can create lightning. Don't you think the company would base the legendaries on something less... Obscure? Maybe it's just me, but that aside, I would still love to see an electric-dragon/fire-dragon pairing.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    Both of these Pokémon look amazing! I am definitely gonna get both games. They aren't way over the top like the 4th generation's legends (especially Arceus, though it wasn't a mascot, but come on! The GOD OF POKéMON!? That's just... nevermind). I like Zekrom a lot, but I like Reshiram too. Zekrom doesn't look like an Electric-type, though, but it'd be wicked-cool if it was!!

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    Naw, I doubt it, HIGHLY. AS I stated in the other thread about this, Zekrom IS NOT YELLOW, nor does he have yellow ANYWHERE on his body. All electric pokemon are yellow or have yellow highlights.

Zapdos and Raikou are both IN YOUR FACE with yellow, and Rotom has a yellow arua with lightning bolts underneath it. it is HIGHLY unlikely Zekrom is gonna be an elecrtic type.

uggggggg..

magnimite? magniton? electrode? voltorb? flaffy? do any of them have yellow?

and rotom is red and blue. color has nothing to do with type. at all.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i dislike the electric/dragon and fire/dragon. i really do.

i was really pulling for a light type. but all this new speculation dashes my hopes away.........

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    uggggggg..

magnimite? magniton? electrode? voltorb? flaffy? do any of them have yellow?

and rotom is red and blue. color has nothing to do with type. at all.

Flaaffy evolves from and into something yellow, and has a lightbulb on it's tail. Magnemite/tron look mechanical and have MAGNETS, and Voltorb looks like a Pokeball. Color is significant, but so is design.

Hey, guess what? 493+7*=500. Somebody get a big cake!

*-That's Pokabu, Mijumaru, Tsutaja, Zoroark, Zorua, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    but i was talking about COLOR not shape, form, evolution, ect. just color. is there even a specific color for dragon types? no.

all I'm saying is that types are not depended upon color.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I agree with the new speculation 100%. It all makes sense now people have made it all clear. Electric/Dragon and Fire/Dragon would be great new type combos as well. For those who connot see the blue on Zekrom, look closer. They are there. I wont repeat what people have said because people don't want to read the same stuff over and over again. On a side note, as excited as I am about the new games, the new legendaries do live up to my expectations. I do not like their designs.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Flaaffy evolves from and into something yellow, and has a lightbulb on it's tail. Magnemite/tron look mechanical and have MAGNETS, and Voltorb looks like a Pokeball. Color is significant, but so is design.

Hey, guess what? 493+7*=500. Somebody get a big cake!

*-That's Pokabu, Mijumaru, Tsutaja, Zoroark, Zorua, Reshiram, and Zekrom.
    Add the evo's of the starters (which we have yet to see) to the 500 and you get 506 so we most definitely have 13 new Pokemon!
    The color does play a big part in type but not always... I always saw dragon as blue...there's Dialga, Bagon, Dragonair, Salamence, Altaria,ect. but not all are blue though... water is almost always light blue,fire is orange, Electric is Yellow,orange/red, and blue. Ground is brown,grey,ect. Dark has Black,grey,ect. you ge the point.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    but no one type is limited to one color.

if you go by colors them octilary should be fire, wobofet should be water, and rayquaza should be grass.

once again, any type can be any color.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    hahah...after I read the article on Serebii this morning, I spent the whole day at work thinking over what implications this may have on Reshiram's and Zekrom's roles in the game and in nature. The best I came up with is since Zekrom is now ostensibly an Electric/Dragon, he represents modernization and industry. Following that logic, I theorized that Reshiram would represent primacy and nature. To this end, I theorized that Reshiram would be a Grass/Dragon or Bug/Dragon, but nothing of his design supports either of those options. XD

I come on PC and see Sweet Smoochum's Fire/Dragon Reshiram theory and I slap myself silly for not seeing it sooner. XD

Years
    If we're going with the natural/industrial thing shouldn't we consider a Normal typing for Reshiram? I mean, Normal is what represents some of the plainer, one might argue, more natural looking Pokemon.

Back