• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
  • I do not understand him being an Electric, I already do not understand Lucario being a Steel type, along with Palkia being Water type

I think she knows it's part electric, but she hurried up and removed it, because she remembered that no one is supposed to know.

After reading that, I wondered if this is the location where Zekrom may be found.
    Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread
    It's a possibility. It could just be a random cave, but I think there's a chance Zekrom's location is here. Zekrom has some blue in his design, and the electricity in this picture is blue. He also seems to have a robotic look. Robots are electronic. It makes sense for him to be part electric.

Well, Zekroms location would have to involve the plot with "Team X" (placeholder name until the actuall name is revealed) summoning him to do their evil bidding

Electricity can be blue. Zekrom has some blue in his design. It doesn't necessarily have to be yellow to be electric. Have you ever seen lightning? Lightning has tints of blue in it.

Spoiler:

Manetric is blue, and he is Electric type, so there.....

[/quote]Reshiram has a possibility of being part fire seeing as there is a torch for its tail. Maybe it controls volcanoes or actual fire. [/quote]

The slot for a volcano legeendary has already been taken by Heatran >:)

That's probably why the protagonists are older. 10 year olds shouldn't be messing with fire or electricity. It also explains the boots and the shoes they are wearing. Hiun city is an industrial city that uses a lot of electricity and fire. I think I figured it all out.

Then tell me, how in the world does that explains how someone who is 10 years old can own something like CHARIZARD OR RAICHU!?

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • ... I think we may be overspeculating here. I mean really. You guys are theorizing that Reshiram and Zekrom must be electric and fire because a certain charge in volcanic ash can create lightning. Don't you think the company would base the legendaries on something less... Obscure? Maybe it's just me, but that aside, I would still love to see an electric-dragon/fire-dragon pairing.

I completely agree. And I doubt the highlights were put into the artwork to give away a second type for each. And after reading the pokebeach paragraph earlier I'm more convinced of a light type. Going with the speculation that these games will have a darker story due to the older protagonists I don't see them as electric. Dark vs light is much more closely related to life vs death, and seems more appropriate for the expected apocalyptic story.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I completely agree. And I doubt the highlights were put into the artwork to give away a second type for each. And after reading the pokebeach paragraph earlier I'm more convinced of a light type. Going with the speculation that these games will have a darker story due to the older protagonists I don't see them as electric. Dark vs light is much more closely related to life vs death, and seems more appropriate for the expected apocalyptic story.

I think its just something sky related.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I'm going to agree with Sweet Smoochum here the idea of electric dragon and fire dragon seem real plausible considering the points and observations made.

Also like Timbjerr, the idea of industry for these legends have always been a thought for me considering the technological advances of the Isshu region. Its far to obvious by the tail resembling a generator in my opinion.

Random: I like Smoochums :3 <3. They are indeed sweet.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Like I have said before I have some agreement on both the legendaries typings because of there tails as well. Maybe Gamefreak was being crafty this time so they didn't want to reveal the second type yet. They wanted fans to speculate their types mainly due to there body color knowing that most would not think so much about the way both their tails looked and the industrialized region they reside in.

There is no doubt in my mind that lady is lying to the public just by Sweet Smoochums statement, the tail, and glowing blue on Zekrom that it isn't part electric. I'm not safe to say that I can agree wholeheartly with Reshiram being part fire but I welcome that as more fire types are need, fire dragon sounds like a very interesting type, and fire types are awesome period. Well we have to wait and see now and see if we are correct.

Damn you Gamefreak for making me think so hard.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    I like how this new generation will hopefully focus less on myth and more on more modern themes. Kanto was originally more technological than the other regions so its legendary was a genetically engineered thing. I would like to see more legendaries along that theme.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    uggggggg..

magnimite? magniton? electrode? voltorb? flaffy? do any of them have yellow?

and rotom is red and blue. color has nothing to do with type. at all.

flaffy may not be prodominantly yellow, but AMPHAROS is! Magnemite and Magneton have magnets.

And it usually doesn't but I'm just saying MOST electric pokemon ARE yellow or have it on them.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • flaffy may not be prodominantly yellow, but AMPHAROS is! Magnemite and Magneton have magnets.

And it usually doesn't but I'm just saying MOST electric pokemon ARE yellow or have it on them.

Most? Not really Voltorb and Electrode want to talk, and you know what they say? "We're not Yellow! We're Red and White!". Besides, most Forum says Zekrom would be Dragon/Electric type and the color is actually black. Which it has nothing Yellow on its body.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Most? Not really Voltorb and Electrode want to talk, and you know what they say? "We're not Yellow! We're Red and White!". Besides, most Forum says Zekrom would be Dragon/Electric type and the color is actually black. Which it has nothing Yellow on its body.

That's only because of some "slip-up" Shokotan did on her blog.

Voltorb and Electrode are Joke Pokemon really. Pick up a voltorb thinking it is a pokeball, KABOOM!

Those and the Magnet Pokemon are the ONLY ones who break this rule. Every other Electric Pokemon is either predominantly yellow or has electric qualities and yellow on it somewhere!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Ugh, on a positive note from me, maybe we could expect an attack caalled Black Lighting from Zekrom, and maybe White Flames from Reshiram.

Setosama

LegendaryPokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    I'm going to agree with Sweet Smoochum here the idea of electric dragon and fire dragon seem real plausible considering the points and observations made.

Also like Timbjerr, the idea of industry for these legends have always been a thought for me considering the technological advances of the Isshu region. Its far to obvious by the tail resembling a generator in my opinion.

Random: I like Smoochums :3 <3. They are indeed sweet.

Ok. Levitate or Pressure?

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • I'd like to say they will have weather effects like Kyogre and Groudon. NEW weather effects.
    (if he's electric) Zekrom could have the Thunderstorm weather. (It sometimes hurts you and sometimes doesn't.)
    (if he's fire) Reshiram could have the Rising Smoke weather. (Decreases accuracy.)

EDIT: And the legendary trio master would have Air Lock like Rayquaza did. :)

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Reshiram has a possibility of being part fire seeing as there is a torch for its tail. Maybe it controls volcanoes or actual fire.

The reasons why the legendaries for Black and White could be fire and electric:

Fire--you light a candle to see in the dark. It's light in darkness.

Electricity--you turn on a lamp when it's dark. It's also light in darkness.

Therefore, Fire and Electricity tie into the light/dark aspect. Both create light when there is darkness. It doesn't have to be so literal and be part light and part dark types. The legendaries could be part fire and part electric and still convey the same message. The titles make sense, because Black represents dark and white represents light.

But then they're both the same. Unless you're going for lamp = technology and candle = natural, but from where this goes, I don't think that's where you're getting at.

Also, with fire and electricity, not only can they bring light, they can cause darkness as well. If you use too much electricity, it causes power outages (like the one in Sunyshore). Without power, you're in darkness. Fire also creates smoke. You can't see when there is smoke and ash. Therefore, there is darkness.

Fire and electricity control light and dark. Therefore everything I've said makes sense for the legendaries to be part fire and electric.

Too much electricity didn't cause Sunnyshore to go out. Too little electricity did. They were trying to use more than they had. And the smoke thing is a bit Farfetch'd imo.

It's possible that the evil organization(s) in this game are looking to harness the legendary powers for their own advantage. It could be a battle between light and darkness using fire and electricity.

But it would work better if they clashed. Both being able to create light and 'remove it' doesn't.

That's probably why the protagonists are older. 10 year olds shouldn't be messing with fire or electricity. It also explains the boots and the shoes they are wearing. Hiun city is an industrial city that uses a lot of electricity and fire. I think I figured it all out.

._.

Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric legendaries seem very possible for Black and White. According to wikipedia, "lightning can also occur within the ash clouds from volcanic eruptions, or can be caused by violent forest fires which generate sufficient dust to create a static charge."

This is a combination of fire and electricity taking place at the same time. Light is the electricity. Darkness is from the smoke caused by the fire. Notice the colors? (White and Black.)

If you place the Pokemon onto the background, it seems like a very plausible idea.

Way too obscure.

Anyway, I just don't think this is likely.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Considering the fact that Zekrom's design makes it incredibly plausible it is Electric-type, I have the feeling that Reshiram's whiteness and shininess might make it Ice, Electric or Fire. It would be pretty cool if they were both Electric/Dragon. Their two STABs - one super effective against the other Pokemon, one ineffective. Fire/Dragon seems more plausible in terms of story-wise, although I don't really see how it'd work with evil teams...

Back