• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Legendmaster#1

Tamer of Legends
Years
  • ...no, they are not legendaries. XD;

The only known legendaries are Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini at the moment.

That stinks. In case nobody has noticed, i kinda LOVE Legendaries. Even puny worthless ones (Yay Rotom!). I have also noticed all Dragon types except Rayquaza are based on European dragons, not Asian dragons which don't have wings and are more serpentine. I think it's weird because these games are Japanese.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hmm I thought Reshiram was based on the Asian firelighters, or crackers, or something? -recalls Gym posting something along those lines-

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • That stinks. In case nobody has noticed, i kinda LOVE Legendaries. Even puny worthless ones (Yay Rotom!). I have also noticed all Dragon types except Rayquaza are based on European dragons, not Asian dragons which don't have wings and are more serpentine. I think it's weird because these games are Japanese.

sadly, rotom is not a legendary because it can breed.

and i share your observation with the dragon pokemon.
    except for kingdra which is a sea dragon (only 3 specieces exsist in the world) i think there is a species of sea dragon in ausralia and i think there might be one in japan.

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
    Years
  • Reshiram looks more epic in my opinion but what it all comes down to is strength saying that I think Zekrom looks more likely to win in a battle .

The Red Chain

In one of the handbooks it says Rotom is a Legendary.
    The official Pokemon website stated that Rotom is not a legendary.
    I assume Rotom was meant to be legendary originally.. making sense out of it having the legendary battle theme. But they changed their minds in the long run.

Anyway, back on 5th gen legendary topic.
    I like Victini a lot but the only thing that bugs me about him is this :

"It create infinite energy inside it's body. It can transfer this energy by touching another Pokemon or human."

Rough translation of Victini's Pokedex entry. Now that to me sounds a lot like Azelf.
    Infinite energy = Willpower. Azelf can also share his infinite willpower with other beings. Pretty much the same dealio if you ask me. Reshiram is my favorite of the two beasts. I think the fact he's white with blue eyes is what's making me love him more. I never did like the color black. :x

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    The only known legendaries are Reshiram, Zekrom and Victini at the moment.
    Makes me think Ho-Oh/Lugia/Celebi. Now where's our Suicune/Raikou/Entei?

In one of the handbooks it says Rotom is a Legendary.
    The only resemblance it bears to a legendary Pokemon is that it's a one-per-file scripted encounter. And the fact that there's a bit of talk about it. True legendary Pokemon cannot breed, and, generally if not all the time, have higher base stats than Rotom.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nooooo! 3 is finee, don't jinx it! ;__;
    The last thing we need is more legendaries after Sinnoh. D:

...but it's kind of tradition to have a legendary trio. Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno & Entei, Raikou, Suicune & Regirock, Regice, Registeel & Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie.

So it's sort of expected. :x

The Red Chain

...but it's kind of tradition to have a legendary trio. Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno & Entei, Raikou, Suicune & Regirock, Regice, Registeel & Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie.

So it's sort of expected. :x
    Tradition can be changed. Afterall, the standard Gym buildings have changed and have become completely different from each other.
    But Nintendo does get carried away with legendaries, so I honestly don't doubt there will be a trio.. but I hope not. :x

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It would be nice if Black and White kept only a few amount of legendaries. This makes legendaries more special and keeps the "legend" of them keep carrying on. Their little tradition I don't mind, and as long as they don't overly have legendaries to keep the game up to catching a challenge to make it more 'interesting', I'm fine. However, Black and White does seem to be having a fresh start so we're going to have to find out when the time comes.

Moreover it will always be good for the legendaries to have their strong stats, strong. A good challenge is needed; and that's what everyone wants these days. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It would be better if the amount of legendaries matched up more with generation 1, rather than have a large amount of legendaries. If this is really a new start (and with Pokemon similar to generation 1, as well as other things, too) then it might be likely. For now I'm just not going to believe in the rumours, since... I'd rather it this way.

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Instead of a legendary trio, I'd like to see Nintendo introduce four legends, each representing a different season, It would also be interesting if each legend could only be obtained during its season. I know Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres were influenced by seasons, but I'd love to see four Wolf like Pokemon as legendaries, here's my prediction:

Spring: Grass / Summer: Fire / Autumn: Ground / Winter: Water
    I'd love to see this, mostly because with the above types each Pokemon has a type advantage over the one that comes before it and a type disadvantage to the one that follows it to represent how seasons replace each other.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • hmm i was hoping this generation the legendary trio would be powerful bug legends
    honestly i would have more respect for bug types if there was 3 uber ones ^^

Back