• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Yeah graphics cards can be annoying to sort out, had to buy one myself but it is only definitely worth it. They aren't aren't cheap but I'd still recommend buying one and doing some PC gaming. I've not regretted the decision to dedicate to PC gaming and selling some of my consoles to be able to do so.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Trainer Timothy - Just a suggestion, nothing's wrong with getting a card in the GTX 300 or 400 series, which are relatively cheap. It'd be rather effective as a medium end card, and you could still play modern games without having to resort to the lowest graphics possible.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
Link plox. I mean I use a Toshiba Satellite. So it's not a gaming computer in the first place. It's a miracle it can play Civ V without crashing every time.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
Bah Sims is amazing, get it every time a new one comes out w/ most of the expansion packs. Sims 4 is really something I hope excels! Generally, PC gamers have a lot to be looking forward to because there are several exclusives games, many of these coming from Steam. But you also have the big games across all consoles to look forward to.

i love the sims! i have the sims 3 and it's amazing. i haven't played it in a while because i'm addicted to it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Appreciate the help. But I think I'll just save for a Gaming Computer. Seriously, though, thanks.
No problem, I'm just sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Just remember, for when you do buy a gaming computer, don't go GTX 700 series or above just yet. It's good, but the price will no doubt drop next year, and they'll probably be releasing a few more 700 series cards and possibly the 800. I'm pretty satisfied with my 660, which I got for a good price, and it plays games great on ultra, but I'd say that the 560ti/560m was a powerful pick if you're something that's worth more than what you pay.

Reactions: T!M
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
If you guys are into MMO, then what do you play and what are you looking forward to playing?

Currently, I play Aion. It's a classical MMO, but also has a lot of unique features. It combines PvP and PvE into a new concept known as PvPvE, which allows the world to be run by players entirely. I used to play Monkey Quest, too, but I stopped playing it a few months ago because I lost interest. One MMO that I'm looking forward to playing is Seven Kingdoms. It's based on the popular HBO show called Game of Thrones, and the story takes place after the events of the first TV season~

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
The closet to a MMO that I play is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and that's only really a larg on-line component to a single-player game. Quite enjoyable really, and worth the cost of a Wii U for me.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
I've played quite a few, but I've only gone deep into Maplestory and Trickster Online, and the latter had its servers shut down earlier this year. I played a handful of other ones like Elsword occasionally, but I mainly played those two. Slowly I got tired of the constant monotonous gaming that MMORPGs so plentifully offer, haha. I don't play them anymore. :c

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'd like to see more Action MMOs. I don't mean like Elsworld or Rusty Hearts, but rather I'm referring to open world ones, like Dot Hack (The World and The World R:2) and Sword Art Online. Action RPGs are probably my favorite genre, so series like Dot Hack and SAO have always really appealed to me.

They're a far off dream, basically, and they always have so intriguing. I've always loved the idea of an MMO that isn't entirely based on level and equipment, but skill as well. It's the dynamic nature of the combat, as well as the larger chance for success (and failure) that makes them so fun. That's largely the appeal of Action RPGs, as well as the series in question. It has its place in MMOs, and would be greatly welcome.

I've always wondered, why they didn't exist now. I mean, there are RaiderZ and TERA, but they still seem very "MMO-like" in quite a few aspects. Years ago, I would have understood why this was the case, as an Open World Action MMO 5-10 years would basically be impossible, but it seems that they should exists by now. Unfortunately, it's still to early. It seems that the gaming industry still seems to see the term "MMO" as a genre of its own, using a standard sort of gameplay for any game that carries the term unless it defines itself as some specific variation. Games like RaiderZ and TERA should be primitive, but they are the epitome of Open World AMMORPGs at the moment. It's a shame, but I'm hopeful to see where the Action MMO genre will go.

Years
I've played WoW, Final Fantasy XI, RaiderZ, DDO and Neverwinter. I really looking forward to the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, and I wish I still had a device I could play it on :(. I'm not a really heavy MMO player, but some of my most enjoyable times in gaming were spent in FFXI and RaiderZ. I would really like to see a localization of Monster Hunter Frontier, as that would be an ideal MMO experience for me. I don't see it happening though sadly...

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Does anyone think it's worth it for the companies to try and adapt their MMOs into console games? The extremely popular ones have given it a shot, like Maplestory coming out with several apps for iOS systems. What would be your opinion on it if they did?

Years
I think it would be nice to see some MMOs released on some consoles, I think it would be quite nice. But I wouldn't wanna see it spread to that many consoles because they would lose popularity on PC and whatnot. I don't know, it wouldn't hurt them to try and release it on iOS systems I guess, see how that goes and then decide what to do.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It would be great if they did, but I don't think the games are going to be that much of a hit. One of the reasons why is that consoles are mostly used for casual games, such as Mario Kart, Call of Duty, Sonic, etc. The developers know that, which prooobably makes them not want to take a risk like this.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Whew, a few updates:

BSw_g58CIAII6ve.jpg:large

You can get a Wii U bundle that comes with the Wind Waker remake for $299.99 :3 Also, as you can see, alot of games are coming out on 11/22.Are you going to get any of these games? =o

Years
I'm actually thinking about buying the bundle or getting it as a Christmas present because our family Wii U is unavailable to me most of the time because it gets used by my sister a lot and when we both wanna use it, my parents let her. Plus, Wind Waker remake should be amazing. Definitely gonna pick up Super Paper Mario World and DK Country, 2 games I've been looking forward to for a while.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I already have a Wii U, but if I didn't have one, then I'd definitely buy this bundle. You're getting a Wii U system and a game for just ~$300, so that's an offer that you can't simply put down! As for games, I've decided to get Super Paper Mario World and Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. They're going to be really fun. I just know it, haha. Once I have more money to spare, I'll eventually get my hands on the rest of the games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back