• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

Think you know your video games? Test your knowledge (and represent your house!) with us this Get Together.

HOW THIS WORKS

THE FIRST TRIVIA SET
    Below you will find the first set of questions, and to participate, all you have to do is PM your answers to me. For this set only, you may send in your answers at any point during the Get-Together.

If 3 members from your respective house manage to correctly answer all of the questions in this set, your house will earn 50 points.

DAILY TRIVIA
    For every day of this Get-Together, a new set of 4 trivia questions will be posted. From the time it is posted, you will have 24 hours to get in your answers for each set.

30 points are up for grabs for the first house to have 3 members correctly answer a Daily Trivia set, and any house that has 3 members submit the correct answers afterwards will earn 20 points.

You may only submit your answers to each set once, so be sure to look them over before sending them in!

THE FIRST TRIVIA SET

MAINSTREAM GAMES
    • What item brings you directly to the star in Mario Party 3?
    • What is the nickname of Mei's robot companion?
    INDIE GAMES
    • In which game is the protagonist only identified as "The Kid"?
    • Naming your character ______ will initiate Hard Mode in Undertale.
    TWITCH CULTURE & ESPORTS
    • Who is the highest paid League of Legends player of all time?
    • Which university hosted the first known video game tournament in 1972?
    THE GAMING INDUSTRY
    • What was the first commercially sold video game?
    • Which game lead to the creation of the ESRB system?

POINTS TALLY

Check up on how your house is doing here!
    Standings last updated: Sept. 21, 10:55AM PST

AND FINALLY...

A few closing notes - in the spirit of the competition, please try not to look up the answers! Use existing knowledge to answer these questions - there's a wide range of games mentioned so that there's something for everyone. If you have any questions at all regarding how the event is run, don't hesitate to post it here or message me. Have fun!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    A few changes have been made to the structure of this event! The OP has been updated to reflect them, and to those who have already submitted their answers, don't worry - your correct answers will still be recorded, and your points for them will be rewarded when we use those questions in future trivia sets, so you have those points in the bank already. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    As you may have noticed there has been changes made to the GT's points system, and the structure of this event has been changed again (last time, I promise!) to reflect it - as people seemed eager to cooperate with members of their house yesterday, we have decided to make this event more of a group effort.

The first house to have 3 of their members send in the correct set of answers for each day's trivia will earn 30 points for the day. Even if you lost the race to be first, if your house has 3 members sending in the correct answers, your house will still earn 20 points for the day.

The trivia set in the OP is worth 50 points to every house that has 3 members send in the correct list of answers. Based on submissions so far:

- Consortia has earned the 50 House Points for the first trivia set!
    - Gloria has earned the 50 House Points for the first trivia set!
    - Doctrina has earned the 50 House Points for the first trivia set!
    - There's only one submission from Vestigo - better step it up!​

And remember, we specifically made these changes to celebrate cooperation within teams, so don't be afraid to share your answers or discuss with your team before sending in your final answers - each person only gets one shot!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Vestigo has caught up and shot to the top! +50 House Points for completing the first set, and they are first to answer the daily set correctly, for another +30 points.

Doctrina came close, but need to look over one of their answers!

Just under 9 hours remain for this daily trivia set.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

DO YOU KNOW?

Here are the next set of Daily questions! The theme of today is zombie apocalypse. Please PM your answers to either Rabinov or Juno!

The Cordyceps fungus inspired the "Infected" enemies of which game?

The ___ was a prototype for a Special Infected that was going to be in Left 4 Dead, but it was eventually cut from the game because it was deemed too confusing and difficult for Survivors to deal with.

In the 2002 remake of Resident Evil, a new type of Zombie was introduced. What was it called and how could you prevent it from spawning?

Who does this hat belong to?

I know the answers, Juno!
    I know the answers, Rabinov!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Gloria has crushed it once again and snagged first place, earning their house another 30 points. Every other house can still earn their 20 points, so don't give up!

EDIT:
    Vestigo have managed to grab their 20 points!
    Consortia has gotten back in the game and earned their 20 points of the day!
    Doctrina have managed to [finally] get their answers back, earning 20 points!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

DO YOU KNOW?

We're going old school this Throwback Thursday, with some retro games-themed questions! Please PM your answers to both Rabinov and Juno.

What are the names of the four ghosts in Pac-Man?

Because of its invasive ability to "haunt" the dreams and thoughts of people who play it for prolonged periods of time (ie. thinking of its gameplay throughout the day or in their sleep), this game has a psychological effect named after it.

What is the predecessor to Galaga?

Which classic game is this tune from?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    This day's set seems to have stumped some! With around 2 hours left, Vestigo has sent in three sets of right answers, making them the first and only group to have completed this day's trivia. 30 points for you guys!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    And just before we wrap up last day's trivia, Gloria swoops in to claim their 20 points. Moving on to today's set!

DO YOU KNOW?

Let's kick back a little today with some relaxing, life simulation games! Please PM your answers to both Rabinov and Juno.

In the localized version of Tomodachi Life, donations at the fountain are collected in a piggy bank, but in the Japanese version, they are collected in _________.

In Sims 4, the "Empathize" option in the interaction menu is exclusive to ______ Sims.

The appearances of the characters in Stardew Valley have evolved a lot over the years of development - this is one of the very first portraits of ________.
    Video Games Trivia

Where does this tune play in Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Gloria wins this round once again, 30 points!
    Vestigo is currently in second - the right answers have been found. :) // edit: earned their 20 pts. of the day!
    Consortia has completed this round as well for their 20 points!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

DO YOU KNOW?

Today's questions are all about puzzle games! Will these puzzlers puzzle you? Please PM your answers to both Rabinov and Juno.

This 2012 indie puzzle-platformer features anthropomorphized rectangles as its main characters.

What does this item do, and which game does it appear in?

(hint: "Nightmare")

Which infamous achievement is this icon associated with, and how do you get it?

Video Games Trivia

In Minesweeper, which number is coloured black?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

DO YOU KNOW? HARD MODE

Today's trivia is all about identifying video games music. Rabi and I have each chosen 5 songs, and you will have to tell us which game it's from (we'll give you a category to help narrow it down; even if the game belongs to multiple genres there will only be one given category).

For every song your House can name, you will get +2 bonus points; even if you don't get the full set, you can identify songs for the bonus points. Please PM your answers to both Rabinov and Juno.

JUNO'S PICKS

JRPG:

Top-down Shooter:

Action-adventure:

Visual Novel:

Indie:

RABI'S PICKS

SRPG:

Fighting game:

Racing:

Horror:

Puzzle:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

DO YOU KNOW? HARD MODE

For today's set, you'll be looking at items from various games. Once again, Rabi and I have each chosen 5 items (with a catch - they are cropped to roughly a quarter of the original image), and you'll have to work together to tell us what they are! Please PM your answers to both Rabinov and Juno.

Points are distributed as usual for the full set, or you can earn 1 point per correct answer if your House sends in an incomplete set.

JUNO'S PICKS

RABI'S PICKS

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Why did yesterday's already end?
    Isn't it supposed to be 24 hours between rounds?
    My apologies, it was getting pretty close to the 24 hour mark and it didn't seem like anyone was sending theirs in, so I cut it a little short just to get it out since I wasn't sure if I could get on a computer later on in the day.

Since it was more difficult I'll still accept last day's set for bonus points, but you will still need 3 members sending in the same set.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back