• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Years
  • I added this modification
    overworld encounters and normal encounters, but also that the overworld and normal encounters are different.
    I set some encounters in land encounter type as well as i set some encounters in overworldland encounter type but only overworldland encounters are overworldspwaning also i set some encounters only land encounters type but
    Pokemon's over world spwaning how can I fix this. sorry for my bad english.

Maybe, I know what you mean now. You don't get any normal encounters that immediately will start the battle with you, right? If so, then do the following:
    Go to the settings section of the visible overworld wild encounter script. There, you have to set INSTANT_WILD_BATTLE_PROPABILITY larger than 0 and lower than 100, for example
    Code:
    INSTANT_WILD_BATTLE_PROPABILITY = 50
    Then start a new game and you will have overworld spawning and normal encounters.
    If you don't want to start a new game (and use your current save state for playtesting), then go to the settings section of the visible overworld wild encounter script again.
    There is a parameter OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE. Memorise the number written there. By default this is
    Code:
    OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE = 26
    Now, place a new event on your current map and add a script command to it containing
    Code:
    $game_variables[26] = 0
    If you don't use the default number, then you have to replace the number 26 by your OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE in the line above.
    Then start your save state, move to the new event and trigger it. After that you will have overworld and normal encounters at the same time.

Years
  • Also, the $PokemonTemp.encounterType gets messed up with both overworlds and normals, and maybe even just overworld encounters,
    even if i have another encounter type (in my case weather) im trying to detect, it comes back as Overworld land as a OW pokemon changed $PokemonTemp.encounterType.
    this will mess up balls that use encounter types (lure ball is an example but that used fishing so thats probably an exception)
    ^
    only way i can see fixing this is removing/moving that bit of code in def pbChooseEncounter(x,y,repel=false), might have already fixed this for newer versions or v18 version, but felt i'd ask for both atleast.

edit: got a work around for the encountertype issue, added a check for the grass encounters so it couldnt try and spawn OW's during a fight, and also made a new temp overworldEncounterType and it fixed it.

I installed the modification which allows to set up different pokemon for overworld and normal encounters to test the encounterTypes. But I could not find any mess up. Maybe, this has to do with additional encounterTypes such as your encounterType::weather? I would guess, that it could be similar to roaming encounters after installing the modification that allows to different pokemon for overworld and normal encounters. I mean, with this modifications roaming encounters will only appear in instant battles, or as overworld encounters on maps where you did not specify OverworldLand encounters in the PBS file. Could that be?
    Anyway, I added the short line " $PokemonTemp.encounterType = -1" in the method pbPlaceEncounter and updated all versions of the visible overworld encounter script. I don't know if this will help as I could not find the problem.

Years
  • So.... I have a question...

BUG or FEATURE

"When you have automatic spawning installed, dialogues doesn't help stop Auto Overworld Pokémon Spawning."

Well.... this has happened during any dialogue with trainers, wait a while and wild pokemon auto spawns. Is there a way I can disable it during any sort of dialogue?

First this, while it makes sense i've had 2/3 times that the overworlds have softlocked people in events, they dont despawn as they cant move so they are stuck there. but its only been certain spots like in caves where its a small area.

My first idea to stop spawning during dialogues would be to set the pause flag to true
    Code:
    $game_temp.in_menu = true
    in the first command of the event (and back to false in the last command of the event). This is definitely not a final solution. But even if there is no spawning during dialogues then there still could be such softlocking produced by overworld encounters that spawned before the dialogue started. So it will be still important to keep an eye on the map design (for example not to small places) as it is also always important if there are other NPCs on the map.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2022
    Hello. Given that v19 is out, are you planning on updating this script to reflect it? Really love this script, and would love to use it in my game. Have a good one!

Years
  • Hello. Given that v19 is out, are you planning on updating this script to reflect it? Really love this script, and would love to use it in my game. Have a good one!

I'm using RPG Maker XP on Windows XP (32bit). Unfortunately, Pokemon Essentials v19 updated several files (including game.exe) to move from RGSS to the newer and faster mkxp. Now, game.exe is not a valid Win32 application anymore for Windows XP. Hence, I cannot start playtesting in Pokemon Essentials v19; pressing on the green start button will give the error message "Failed to create Process", since "game.exe is not a valid Win32 application" for Windows XP.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Maybe, I know what you mean now. You don't get any normal encounters that immediately will start the battle with you, right? If so, then do the following:
    Go to the settings section of the visible overworld wild encounter script. There, you have to set INSTANT_WILD_BATTLE_PROPABILITY larger than 0 and lower than 100, for example
    Code:
    INSTANT_WILD_BATTLE_PROPABILITY = 50
    Then start a new game and you will have overworld spawning and normal encounters.
    If you don't want to start a new game (and use your current save state for playtesting), then go to the settings section of the visible overworld wild encounter script again.
    There is a parameter OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE. Memorise the number written there. By default this is
    Code:
    OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE = 26
    Now, place a new event on your current map and add a script command to it containing
    Code:
    $game_variables[26] = 0
    If you don't use the default number, then you have to replace the number 26 by your OVERWORLD_ENCOUNTER_VARIABLE in the line above.
    Then start your save state, move to the new event and trigger it. After that you will have overworld and normal encounters at the same time.

Thanks now it's working perfectly. can this script camptitable weather system script

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
  • I'm using RPG Maker XP on Windows XP (32bit). Unfortunately, Pokemon Essentials v19 updated several files (including game.exe) to move from RGSS to the newer and faster mkxp. Now, game.exe is not a valid Win32 application anymore for Windows XP. Hence, I cannot start playtesting in Pokemon Essentials v19; pressing on the green start button will give the error message "Failed to create Process", since "game.exe is not a valid Win32 application" for Windows XP.

Touche...... well I can help you out with it once I am free if you want. (Unless if you already plan to get a new PC)

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I installed the modification which allows to set up different pokemon for overworld and normal encounters to test the encounterTypes. But I could not find any mess up. Maybe, this has to do with additional encounterTypes such as your encounterType::weather? I would guess, that it could be similar to roaming encounters after installing the modification that allows to different pokemon for overworld and normal encounters. I mean, with this modifications roaming encounters will only appear in instant battles, or as overworld encounters on maps where you did not specify OverworldLand encounters in the PBS file. Could that be?
    Anyway, I added the short line " $PokemonTemp.encounterType = -1" in the method pbPlaceEncounter and updated all versions of the visible overworld encounter script. I don't know if this will help as I could not find the problem.

How to make ghost overworld encounter in Overworld encounter scripts?
    Cuz I have installed Lavender Ghost script
    I'm using Ess ver. 18.1^^

Years
  • How to make ghost overworld encounter in Overworld encounter scripts?
    Cuz I have installed Lavender Ghost script
    I'm using Ess ver. 18.1^^

If you want that Lavender Ghost Script works with overworld encounter then you You can do the following:
    1st Step) Install the Lavender Ghost Script and follow its instructions.
    2nd Step) You need an overworld sprite for ghost. So, create or search for a ghost character sprite, name it "ghost.png" and place it in your Graphics/Characters folder.
    3rd Step) Add this code
    Code:
        if isGhostEncountersActive?
          character_name = "ghost"
        end
    right above
    Code:
        event.pages[0].graphic.character_name = character_name
    in the method "spawnEvent" in the visible overworld wild encounter script (should be somewhere around line 521)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    If you want that lavender Ghost Script works with overworld encounter then you You can do the following:
    1st Step) Install the Lavender Ghost Script and follow its instructions.
    2nd Step) You need an overworld sprite for ghost. So, create or search for an ghost character sprite, name it "ghost.png" and place it in your Graphics/Characters folder.
    3rd Step) Add this code
    Code:
        if isGhostEncountersActive?
          character_name = "ghost"
        end
    right above
    Code:
        event.pages[0].graphic.character_name = character_name
    in the method "spawnEvent" in the visible overworld wild encounter script (should be somewhere around line 521)

Thank you for the tutorial :)

Years
  • https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97231&stc=1&d=1621895691

Hi botafogo,

thank you for posting your error message. I need some more information to help you out with that issue.

Which Pokemon Essentials Version do you use?
    Which version of the "visible overworld wild encounter" script do you use?
    Do you use other scripts beside the "visible overworld wild encounter" script? I would guess so, since you have a script called "adjustMetrics".
    What is "adjustMetrics" and what is it for? I would guess that your problem comes from the "adjustMetrics" script, which you have installed.

Vortex07

Vortex
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2022
    Plz make this for v19, it is such a good resource and I'd love to use it in the game I'm making!

Back