• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Visible Overworld Wild Encounter

Years
    Is it possible to get this scrip to work with EncounterModifiers? As currently it will only spawn the overworld sprite for whatever is in the maps encounter list.

This script should be compatible to additional EncounterModifiers, as long as they are added correctly in EncounterModifiers.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    Hi, i just tried to put the code in my game. Great idea i must say. But, when i tried to start my game this error shows: Script 'Overworld_Random_Encounters' line 445: syntaxError occurred.

Here's a picture of line 445

Attachments

• Visible Overworld Wild Encounter
      Error 2.png
      133.6 KB · Views: 18
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Hi, I've found a weird stack overflow error after resetting with F12. It works normally on the first load up.
    The error points me to the top of Part 3's code, specifically the
    Code:
    if self.name=="vanishingEncounter" && @stepCount && @stepCount>=STEPSBEFOREVANISHING
    and the
    Code:
    original_increase_steps
    parts.

Years
    Hi, i just tried to put the code in my game. Great idea i must say. But, when i tried to start my game this error shows: Script 'Overworld_Random_Encounters' line 445: syntaxError occurred.

Here's a picture of line 445

Try to comment out some parts of your modifications until you found the syntax error.
    I would start with commenting out the whole class PokemonEncounters. I would also check the code before line 445.

Years
    Hi, I've found a weird stack overflow error after resetting with F12. It works normally on the first load up.
    The error points me to the top of Part 3's code, specifically the
    Code:
    if self.name=="vanishingEncounter" && @stepCount && @stepCount>=STEPSBEFOREVANISHING
    and the
    Code:
    original_increase_steps
    parts.

Please use F12 while sliding on ice downwards. If you get a bug, then you should fix the functionallity of F12. Therfor, you can use https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304195

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Sorry if this question seems a bit random, but if I was chaining Pidgey, and accidentally encountered a Rattata in the middle of my chain, would that break the chain, or would I have to defeat/catch it for the chain to break?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2022
    Sorry if this question seems a bit random, but if I was chaining Pidgey, and accidentally encountered a Rattata in the middle of my chain, would that break the chain, or would I have to defeat/catch it for the chain to break?

Hello,
    After 'Events.onWildBattleEnd's 'sender',e'
    or
    'Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc{|sender,e|'
    You'll find species=e[0] and decision=e[2]
    You have to write your script based on decision-making.
    decision=e[2] is the final result of the battle.
    In locurence here [2] lost battle.
    decision=e[1] = battle won.
    decision=e[3] = flight into combat.
    decision=e[4] = to capture pokemon.

If you want the chain not to break you just have to do:

if $PokemonTemp.catchcombo[1] !=species && decision==1 || decision==4
    $PokemonTemp.catchcombo[0,species]
    End

This means that if the chained pokemon is not the wanted pokemon and we have captured or killed it then the chain breaks.

All we have to do is do the other possibilities.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    The rescue chain seems to be working just fine, but one thing I've noticed is that it doesn't work for alternate forms (for example, if I chain Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate never appears). Does anyone know of a way to get around this?

Years
    The rescue chain seems to be working just fine, but one thing I've noticed is that it doesn't work for alternate forms (for example, if I chain Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate never appears). Does anyone know of a way to get around this?

I would say, that it should work with alternate forms. But if there is an error in the code then you can check the method "pbChooseEncounter(x,y,repel=false)", more precisely the part beginning with "if USERESCUECHAIN ==true".

One thing, it is not important which form you chain, Rattata and Alolan Rattata count for the same pokemon family. And on the other hand, if you chained long enough, then, I would say, Raticate and Alolan Raticate can spawn. Mayby an alternate form can only occure in certain situations, for example depending on the trainer-ID or the map-region. Then chaining a pokemon will only spawn evolved pokemon of allowed forms. Please make sure, that Alolan Raticate does not have such a restriction.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I would say, that it should work with alternate forms. But if there is an error in the code then you can check the method "pbChooseEncounter(x,y,repel=false)", more precisely the part beginning with "if USERESCUECHAIN ==true".

One thing, it is not important which form you chain, Rattata and Alolan Rattata count for the same pokemon family. And on the other hand, if you chained long enough, then, I would say, Raticate and Alolan Raticate can spawn. Mayby an alternate form can only occure in certain situations, for example depending on the trainer-ID or the map-region. Then chaining a pokemon will only spawn evolved pokemon of allowed forms. Please make sure, that Alolan Raticate does not have such a restriction.

I made it so Alolan Rattata will appear on the same routes as Kantonian Rattata, but only at night. Do you think that might be the problem? As for Raticate, I haven't given it any restrictions.

Years
    I made it so Alolan Rattata will appear on the same routes as Kantonian Rattata, but only at night. Do you think that might be the problem? As for Raticate, I haven't given it any restrictions.

Maybe, that is the problem. You can try to let alolan and kantonian Rattata spawn all day an chain them. But maybe it is a different problem. The question is, how are your alolan Rattata implemented in your game. Do they have a new pokedex-index (I mean a new ID in pokemon.txt) or does it still have the original ID, but a new form in pokemonform.txt is added?

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Maybe, that is the problem. You can try to let alolan and kantonian Rattata spawn all day an chain them. But maybe it is a different problem. The question is, how are your alolan Rattata implemented in your game. Do they have a new pokedex-index (I mean a new ID in pokemon.txt) or does it still have the original ID, but a new form in pokemonform.txt is added?

I put its data into pokemonform.txt, so I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Then try to delete all spawning restrictions for all forms of Rattata and Raticate such that they can spawn the whole day. And try to chain them again. What happens?

It works no matter what restrictions there are when it comes to Kantonian Rattata, but it never works for Alolan Rattata (even if I make it available on that route for both day and night).

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Following on from my last post, I think the stack overflow thing I was getting was fixed with a simple reinstall. This time I come with a slight oversight you may not have thought of: cave encounters. From what I'm seeing, they can spawn on impassable tiles (such as the black tile used to surround maps)
    https://imgur.com/a/6LubjmP

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2021
    ---------------------------
    Pokémon Aventuras De Ash
    Excepción: NoMethodError

Mensaje: undefined method `isWaterfall?' for PBTerrain:Module

Will Encounter:256:in `pbChooseTileOnStepTaken'

Will Encounter:222:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player:484:in `update_old'

Walk_Run:76:in `follow_update'

Following Pokemon:1465:in `update'

Scene_Map:104:in `follow_update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `follow_update'

Following Pokemon:1553:in `updateold'

Tiempo Real:161:in `update'

Esta excepción ha sido registrada en

C:\Users\BLACK-AGLE\Saved Games/Pokémon Aventuras De Ash/errorlog.txt.

Presiona Ctrl+C para copiar este mensaje al portapapeles.
    Aceptar

Years
    Excepción: NoMethodError

Mensaje: undefined method `isWaterfall?' for PBTerrain:Module

The error message is not enough to help you. Which Pokemon Essentials Version do you use: v16.2, v17.2 or a completely different version? I would guess that you don't have the latestversion of Pokemon essentials. And which version of the overworld encounter script have you installed: Version 1.9.1 for PE v17.2 or Version 1.6 for PEv16.2? And when did the error message occure?

Back