• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VIZ currently has no plans to release PokeSupe RS arc

Years
  • Spoiler:

They're probably just holding back for the RS remakes or something. It's all about making a profit after all and advertising. o3o

Still RS is my favorite Arc so longer waits abound. u_u

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That's so dumb! But leave it to companies that have a chokehold on the manga to try to squeeze more money out of it. That just deters me from every buying from them, honestly.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • What.

What.

What.

WHAT.

On the flip side, maybe it's better they don't translate it. I haven't read the Viz adaptations, but I can see them removing some of the death scenes and maybe even some of the blood. Can't go making a "kid's" manga too violent, after all.

Also probably means they'll skip FRLG too (Emerald's a given if they aren't gonna release RS). 'Course, they'd have to explain to kiddies how Red has Charizard (for "Fire"Red) but "Green" doesn't have Venusaur (for "Leaf"Green).

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
    Years
  • ...Ok seriously.

Let me just say this.

When they say "currently have no plans" that does NOT mean that they won't at all. It means that they don't have plans to release it at this point in time.

Netto, there is another email someone else got saying that they have no current plans to release it, UNLESS enough people ask for it.

So instead of just saying how much Viz sucks, people can e-mail them or something instead. Perhaps in enough people ask, we can actually get Volumes 15-29.

Don't think this is a waste of time though, since they may listen. Companies aren't as greedy as you think they are. They just won't do something if no one asks.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Good point. Still, it could be that they ruin it by removing some of the kinda important bits, like the death scenes. And yeah, the whole FireRed and LeafGreen pun when they trade will be excluded or something if they do translate that.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    ...Ok seriously.

Let me just say this.

When they say "currently have no plans" that does NOT mean that they won't at all. It means that they don't have plans to release it at this point in time.

Netto, there is another email someone else got saying that they have no current plans to release it, UNLESS enough people ask for it.

So instead of just saying how much Viz sucks, people can e-mail them or something instead. Perhaps in enough people ask, we can actually get Volumes 15-29.

Don't think this is a waste of time though, since they may listen. Companies aren't as greedy as you think they are. They just won't do something if no one asks.

Well if they have no plans, then that means we have to wait for them to decide it's worth it, plan out how they're going to do it, hire people or reassign people to do it, then wait even more for publishing. It seems a bit suspicious that they'd skip two, possibly three entire arcs, if not for money. :( It's good to know that there's something that can be done though.

Years
  • ...Ok seriously.

Let me just say this.

Yes chamo I read your reply in the site. That's why I'm willing to wait for the release if you read my last sentence I said "just means a longer wait"

Years
  • This is awful, I'm a big fan of the Pokemon Adventure Manga and the r/s arc is really good. To be honest i think if they skip this arc they'll just continue with Diamond/Pearl and Black and White and unless demand is shown they will forget about every other arc before them. Just people need to keep sending emails and keep asking them to do it, if you don't ask you never get.

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    If you can, you may want to e-mail VIZ Media and ask them to publish the Ruby/Sapphire, FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald arcs. While you're at it, you may want to sign the petition for the release of these arcs, as well. Every little bit of support helps!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • While you're at it, you may want to sign the petition for the release of these arcs, as well. Every little bit of support helps!
    Many petitions are always being generated, it doesn't mean that they will actually do something. Come to think of it, I don't think that anyone truly does anything with these online petitions anymore =/

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Im so mad that they are putting these off for awhile. I emailed them and asked them if they were going to release the ones before diamond and pearl. I told them I have all the ones that are out and hoping that they are going to continue the vols. Thanks Netto for posting this because I have been wondering about this for awhile. Im keeping my fingers crossed that they reconsider their choice. I have read all the way up to R/S before they decided to re-release the complete series and I have been excited for it to come out so i can continue where I havent read before. Now, I have to wait.....Thanks VIZ

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Im so mad that they are putting these off for awhile. I emailed them and asked them if they were going to release the ones before diamond and pearl. I told them I have all the ones that are out and hoping that they are going to continue the vols. Thanks Netto for posting this because I have been wondering about this for awhile. Im keeping my fingers crossed that they reconsider their choice. I have read all the way up to R/S before they decided to re-release the complete series and I have been excited for it to come out so i can continue where I havent read before. Now, I have to wait.....Thanks VIZ

They aren't putting them off for a while, as far as we know, they won't be releasing them at all.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    This is why we should all be Communists...
    Ah well, I never really liked the Ruby/Sapphire one that much anyway.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    well like chamo said we need to email them so that they continue releasing them. These next arcs were the ones i was looking forward too

chamo-chan

Years
  • I won't give up asking.
    I still think that maybe if enough people ask, we will get them.
    As deluded as it sounds now. :/
    But I'm gonna keep holding strong for a while.
    (besides. I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I'm just glad Viz even bothered with bringing PokeSpecial out of hiatus)

@Townes:....what?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Well they emailed me back and said we are not releasing those sorry. They are dumb for this because people are going to be mad. Well looks like ill have to get them from singapore

chamo-chan

Years
  • I think I might e-mail them again. Or at least write another letter.

I'm still gonna keep at it you guys. Also, to my knowledge, I know that not all the e-mails are the same.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Well i re-emailed them again asking why vols. 15-29 are not be released and that i know plenty of people that would buy them if they were released. They havent answered back yet though.

VIZ is screwing themselves if they dont release R/S because i just read vol. 14 and at the end Pros. Oak didnt want to tell crystal about new pokemon findings and it shows hoenn pokemon in the picture. Then he gets a note for someone that wants to collect info and it shows Oak handing the hoenn pokedex over.

Last edited:

red king

The Sky Of Your World
    Years
  • well the Only "REAL" Lost here is that "YOU" won't get to read FR/LG the greatest arc in Special. But keep asking or just wait until the remake of R/S so the manga gets more sales. Viz is a company first so money is more important then readers maybe there just waiting for the remakes.

chamo-chan

Years
  • ^
    Why would you say that?

My family owns a business, and if there is one thing I learned from it, it is this: A company is not ALL about money. Sure, money keeps the company running, but, you won't get any if the clientele is displeased.
    in this case, we have to tell Viz ourselves that we want these arcs NOW.

It may take a long time, but it will happen.

Some people are just too impatient that they automatically assume it will never happen. And it seems you are one of them.

Back