• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Voice acting, maybe?

What do you think about voice actung in the 5th Gen?

• Total voters

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I would love the idea of recording my voice into the game. It'll make me look even more idiotic screaming into the microphone! (no sarcasm intended, i promise)

If you're talking about voice acting the npc's instead of text boxes, then no. I would hate that.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    This would be a very fun addition to the games. I'd love to be able to record my voice and be able to hear it every time I enter a battle or something.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i hate the idea of recording ur voice for ur dude, but i want voice acting. the protagonist is suppose to talk as little as possible. having other main characters have voices during cut scenes would be maad, (unless u got the english one of course haha) and would make it seem more deep. it would be also cool to have a comentator for the battle frontier.

Years
    Definitely not. Voice acting has, well not ruined, but impacts how much I enjoy a game. For example, Tidus' voice in Final Fantasy X is really annoying. However it can also be an aid, for example Auron's voice in Final Fantasy X. However, I'd rather have it, I'd hate for the character you play to be given a really lame voice.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    I'm saying "no" to voice acting not because I want to stick to the classics, but because I'm afraid it would sound terrible, and delay the translation.

Good point up there ! :)
    I'm saying no for the exavt same reasons ! Europeans get the games last anyways, but I would HATE waiting two-three months like we did for Pt. !

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'd love to see a choice of what ur person could say

like u could have a selection of what to say

also voice acting would be good to a certain extent

kind of like in mystery dungeon? The only problem I'd have with that is if you were forced to say something you didn't want to say.

Example:

::Finished fighting boss of evil team::

Boss: You are a strong trainer, we could use someone as young and with good wits as you, shall you join our team?

::Options show up on screen, yes or no, you click yes::

Annoying rival shows up: Hey ___ you finally beat 'em!.....what?....what's this?....you want to join the bad guys?!...no way you can't do that!

::Options appear on screen again, you click yes again but AGAIN annoying rival stops you. Options appear again, you give up and just click no::

Annoying rival: Haha yeah that's the way to go! Now evil boss guy get lost before you get some more comin' your way.

::You throw DS at wall::

chillj

Not active anymore.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    Lol, DS to the wall... This is a lil' off topic, but isn't it weird that Pokemon Ranger has better graphics than the main Pokemon games? Back on topic... don't reply to the Pokemon Ranger thing.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I think the voice acting would be a terrible idea.
    Pokemon made me the fast reader I am and having someone do that for me just takes away the fun.
    :P

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I personally think voice acting in the Pokemon games would be a bad idea. =x I prefer the Pokemons' unique calls in the game, not the average "I'm going to shout my name in a funny voice over and over again!!" in the Pokemon anime.

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
    Voice acting... It just doesnt seem like pokemon... I mean I like the spectator in Battle Revo but to have other people talk to each other with voices just doesnt seem right.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I personally think voice acting in the Pokemon games would be a bad idea. =x I prefer the Pokemons' unique calls in the game, not the average "I'm going to shout my name in a funny voice over and over again!!" in the Pokemon anime.

I giggled. Pidgeot/Chansey is exhibit A. Charizard/Rhyhorn, exhibit B.

When I voted I thought people meant in-game voice acting. Like important scenes having talking people. It would have been awesome for Cyrus, calling Dialga and Palkia, showing a little fear in his voice when Giratina appears... And anything Steven or Cynthia say. Absolutely awesome. I guess recorded stuff would be fun, too, but I like my idea better. XD

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I think it just means cries. I mean, if they turned to VAs, I don't know what to do. VAs are supposed to be on Action RPGs like TWEWY or games like Time Hollow.

Back